Cant load crossfire in modmanager after crash :(

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• ok here is the whole story: once i started freelancer (with crossfiremod) and exactly when it started my pc crashed
    after this the game bugged and i couldnt start it again it said it is not compatible with the windowsverison or something.
    so i decided to reinstall the game and watch what might could fix it.
    so i removed it and installed again
    after this somehow (with new downloaded version) mod manage said: -Error: Problem activating "crossfire 1.9 Client version" do you wish to restore backups?-
    i know someo thers had the problem too and it got solved but their way of fixing it didnt work at me
    then i thought maybe i could fix it when i deinstall mod manager and crossfire
    i deleted both and reinstalled both but again it gives me the:
    i maybe could delete the whole setupdatas and stuff that are still saved afterd deleting the programms but then im afraid i loose my account and other stuff caus i dont know where and how the multiplayer things are saved
    does andybody know how to fix it that i can load crossfire again in modmanager and play it?
    i used crossfire 1.9 which i downloaded again from swatportal it self and the new modmanager version is 1.31
    would be really nice
    i want to play it -.-

edit: when i start crossfire directly with the exe at the installed mod datas the launcher start but when i go on multiplayer/singleplayer it just dissapears

My Chars : HerrVorragend, InYourFace, InYourFace², InYourFace³ and MayInYourFace

Edited once, last by InYourFace ().

• reading your edit, something is wrong, for sure, and it's not something common.

It is more than recommended(maybe needed for it to work) to uninstall and delete everything related to CF, FL and the FLMM.

BUT ! You can save your ID(and any ammount of them) using a tool like this: index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=10
    It's easy, you don't need the FL install at all, has tutorial on 2 images and you see your own ID in front.

To save your ID forever, just copy the FLIDs.txt file which is created by that tool after pressing the "Save ID " button, which is located at the same place you placed the tool, and paste it(that FLIDs file) on an external drive or something, safer than writing the 3 codes down.

After pressing that "Save ID" button on the tool, and oyu see that flids file(which you can open by double click), you can safely delete everything.

But I might have bad news about your ID after uninstalling Freelancer... but I'm not sure right now.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• but my online chars and that stuff i can save with this right?
    or is that anyway save on the server ? i dont know it

i have another idea
    what about when i install the whole crossfire files direct into freelancer files? so i maybe dont need modmanage anymore?
    i dont know -.-

My Chars : HerrVorragend, InYourFace, InYourFace², InYourFace³ and MayInYourFace

Edited once, last by InYourFace ().

• This prog. save your ID on your disk.
    Its not your chars online but something else than your 'Password' to acces server. (and then you can use your chars saved on server)
    Save it BEFORE unistalling FreeLancer and others progs. (Crossfire, Flmm,...), else you cant acces your chars on server AFTER reinstalling FL.

RoadMap for deinstalling CF:

- Save your ID with FL ID Changer
    - Deactivate CF 19 mod with FLMM.
    - Uninstal CF Crosfire
    - Uninstal FLMM
    - Unistall FreeLancer
    At this point: If some files remains in 'Microsoft Games' folder ( Folder 'Freelancer' and files in this folder): Delete manualy (very important)
    - Reboot your PC

Then reinstalling Freelancer, FLMM, CF 1.9 (think to reboot at each step)

</Edit
    - Restore your ID with FL ID Changer.
    Edit/>

- Activate CF 1.9 mod.
    - Reboot
    - Launch CF....

I hope this way help you. (like its works for me)

'Fluctuat nec mergitur'

Edited once, last by Hexplore ().

• .. you can also check FAQ entry about reinstalling/fresh install.

• so when i already deinstalled and reinstalled crossfire without it my id and my whole stuff is lost?

• That tool saves everything you have in 3 lines for each ID.

But, if you already uninstalled Freelancer, your ID is lost... but regainable ! If you don't touch the WIndows, after reinstalling simple Freelancer, with no mods or stuff, you can start the game, accept the ID and then save it. For many of ht esituations I noticed, the ID generated in that windows account is the same each time you install FL. So you may just got your ID and stuff back :) If not, first fix the Crossfire installation then ask OP to move your chars to a new ID.(as it tells in the readme, NEVER try to install the stuff from CF directly into FL neither copy them or touch anything at hand, it's way more complicated as if oyu remember you have many choosable options before activating, imagine them all installed at once :cursing: )

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• well my freelancer i stil have but im now unsure about the crossfire
    ill have a look on it tommorow as i dont have that time now
    thanky you for help :)

• Oh my... NOW I noticed, since the first post you were meaning about deleting only the FLMM and CF...

That's totally wrong, what's left after uninstalling CF from the FL install(if you arrived to this point, or only deleted the CF files inside the FLMM together with the flmm itself) is just junk/leftover from the old FL after being replaced and smashed by new data.

You NEED to uninstall Freelancer itself and, again, anything related to it. Even running [google]CCleaner[/google] to be sure cache, registries and other possible bugged info are gone.

But this is your chance to save your FL ID before you delete FL.

• well thx michael for the infos after reinstalling the normal freelancer it worked again
    didnt knew that when i delete crossfire i delete some mainfreelancer data

/thread can be closed

• InYourFace: you're welcomed :)
    How is it going with your Freelancer ID ?

husker: You have to use the tool I mentioned above, the easiest way is to create another windows user, use the tool to remove the current ID(if your CF installation is made as "public for everyone"), start FL , get your ID and save it with the tool. Now you can close/delete the new windows user and you can use both IDs on your old one, you can switch them without even restarting CF. This can be done more times.