List of wishes in 1.9

There are 228 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Griffin.

• Battleships generally cause lag
    such torpedoes cause lag (as ive explained)

what would be my motivation even considering it?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Battleships cause lags and are unstable (famous jumping BSs are quite often view), but it doesn't make people use them less and people generally use them in stupid way, mostly as anti-fighter solutions.
    I don't really understand why high damage torpedoes would cause more lag than sunslayers (they dont really have to use huge blast effect anyway, penetration torpedoes come to mind), which are used extensively by everybody. Missiles cause heavy lag and it doesn't stop anybody from using them in heavy battles.

If I may present my motivation to propose such changes:
    Tactical gameplay requires more teamwork and I love teamwork. If we had more paper-rock-scissors situations, we would have to rely on combined forces more. I do it anyway: if Trash is trashing me with his ubercool Osiris, I call for friend with KD. If he switches to fighter, I protect my capship friend with my fighter. It isn't much, but it's nice.

• How about something similar to the flak, but with a remote detonation?
    Sooo... It could have a detonation field of maybe a Ripper Mine, and they fire in groups of 5 or 10, similar to the non advanced flak turrets..
    It has ammunition, so you don't want to just spam it.... It could have a travel speed of something similar to 300 m/s.
    But, (if this isn't possible, just say), when you hit shift R or something, it detonates the projectiles, resulting in a wall of explosions, similar to the flaks, but not quite as much delay to the server, and more efficient(?)
    Now I realise that mines being detonated in normal Crossfire, generates delay for some people, but hopefully, it would be more effective then flaks, and the actual delay generated wouldn't be too bad..
    Just an idea... Don't bite my head off. :P
    Just on a side note, what was the original point of the flak turrets anyway? I know that in real life, flak turrets are designed to take down missiles, due to the explosion radius, but in Crossfire, the flak turrets wouldn't even be able to hit a missiles, due to..
    a) The fact that after hitting the button, the flak turret comes about a second and a half afterwards..
    b) The flaks only detonate quite far away (maybe 1k), and that the only detonate other than that if they hit something, which would be quite hard if it was a missile.
    So... Back to my point, what is the point of flak turrets in Crossfire?

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• also causing major lag

you see the point of the current flak when you or your missiles get hit

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I might be one of very few poeple to like this, but how about less ammo on missiles and torpedos? ^^

• Hmm,
    Another idea..
    ACHIEVEMENTS!!!
    So..
    1. Go to Weth...
    2. Go to Hyperspace...
    349. Kill a player-owned battleship in a Starflier.

Suggestion? I think so..

By the way Sphinx, I agree with you, good idea... Too much ammo these days..

PS: Sorry for all the fullstops.

C S F

Master - Clan Leader, Recruitment Officer, Treasurer, High Command

Characters: Bank, Master{(Anything inside parentheses)}

Synergy Are Recruiting. Your chance is now. Join today, and fight alongside your clan mates tomorrow.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me. I am usually available and always willing to help.

• it would be nice, when u come back after accomplished mission, that girl animation and voice congrets u on the first station.

• it would be nice, when u come back after accomplished mission, that girl animation and voice congrets u on the first station.

:D :D :D

• less missiles - possible but not practible in other areas of the game
    achievements - not possible (on the other sides you have ingame ranks meanwhile)
    volume for projectiles - not good for traders or ships with very small cargospace

i said.. ive done the balancing already

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If we get less missles I promise I`ll make a video of myself dancing naked to "The Bad Touch" by Bloodhound Gang :rolleyes:

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• another reason not doing changes there

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• if i can work without answering thousands of questions

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I want to say my respect to all creators of this mod. Its the BEST!!!
    I have an idea about wrecks in Altair. It would be nice if the GMG wrecks replaced with other (possibly the DK with their weapons) Weapons are to be different from what you can where to buy or receive from the aliens from the Altair.
    This innovation would allow players to more carefully explore systems.
    P.S. I apologize for my english. Translated by google))

• ill see what i can do, but it has no priority atm

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• There are two thing that I find quite mean. First is: when I'm shooting with guns while doing a turn, if I roll my targeting reticule over one of menus - contacts or weapons - I stop shooting and can't shoot in that place. The only solution for now is to minimize menus. Is it possible to make them transparent for game so shooting "thru" them would be possible?
    Second is: I know that I can always push F6 and see map, but wouldn't it be possible to include a little map of the system in left upper corner in the new interface?