A few noob questions.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Vesko.

• Hey there. I've recently been looking at FL servers/mods to start playing regularly on, and CF has definitely had my attention for the last few days. So far, I've got a Black Eagle and a fairly good weapon loadout. However, I'm still new on the server so I have some questions (mainly about MP).

1. "Too many players are accessing the Job Board. Please try again later". I've seen this on a few planets, and as far as I know it's a generic mission error. For some reason, this appears on some planets, yet the missions work perfectly on others. Yes, I've tried F1-ing, re-launching, everything. (Earth would be an example where I always get this error.)

2. Clans? Like I said, I'm still new here and I'm a bit oblivious to all the clans here on CF and their alignments. I've looked at the list at crossfire.swat-portal.com, but not all clans are on there.

3. Dom'Kavash weapons. I've seen people with Dom'Kavash weapons, and I know they're probably located either in Altair or in the Inner Core. But can they be purchased just like that, or do they drop from wrecks etc.? Also, how more powerful are they compared to, say, PPCs?

4. Requirements for starting a clan on CF? I'm the leader of an LSF clan looking for a server, actually that's why I've come to Crossfire. If I like it enough, I'm going to bring my clan over to CF. So, what are the requirements for starting a clan here? As in, probation period, etc.

• hi mate and welcome to CF

1st. this message sometimes appear when too many players are docked on the same station/planet. they dont necessarily have to access the board right that moment, they just need to be docked there.

you could (if thats the case) ask them to leave the planet/station, so you can get a mission, or simply try to lure them outside (if they are not idling around)

if the message appears, even you are alone in that whole system, then I have no clue why it is.

2nd. & 4th. you might not have looked close enough link to the crossfire.swat-portal.com site where clans are listed (left side it tells you serverclans

there are not even all clans listed. add to that list the clans SA (cop-clan with Omega3 as their home system), TD (cop-clan, with no specific declared home system yet (as far as I know)) HTF (didnt figure out what kind of RP they choosed but there are a bunch of them online the last days) TOD (currently mercenary, until they did figure out what they really want to do.. lol)

according to the requirements.. well. be online, play and have at least 3 people in your clan, so you can establish your overall-reputation to the others online (home system and stuff comes later :)

3rd. Those DomKavash weapons are not to purchase on stations or planets (excluding players who might wanna sell them for profit)

you might take a closer look at the DomKavash (in case you dont get killed the first time you meet them. And Altair sector is a right direction in order to get a hold of those weapons. just make the DK's sharing them with you :)

The power of the DKA (DomKavash Anhialator) well. it depends on how you are going to use the gun. refire rate is the same like PPC but power usage is less. and the exact datas. hmm. a slightly difference is there. but figure out by yourself. ;)

I hope that helps you a bit .

see you in space :)

• Thanks for the info mate, I'll try and see if I can get together 3 people to restart the faction. We already have 2 (me included), so it shouldn't be too hard. Also, another question:

5. Renaming. I know most servers have a /renameme command or similar (those are mostly using FLAC, though, not FLHook 1.5.5), and most of our members (including me) are going to need a rename to add tags to our names. How do we do this?

• Hi Vesko,

alas here is not possible change char name :( Anyone who want be clan member must create NEW tagged one and after transfering stuf delete untagged. You can found it in server rules.

• First - Welcome^^

Second - The Clans, that are not on list may have posted a clan describtion in the forum - The Dragons did, please look .Actually we have no Clan System, we are still exploring and looking around to find a new home for us.
    third - have funn here :)

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride
    With sword and pistol by my side

I was a sailor. I was born upon the tide
    And with the sea I did abide.

I fly a starship across the Universe divide
    And when I reach the other side
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
    Perhaps I may become a highwayman again...

Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
    But I will remain
    And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again..

Chars: Bonanza Chingachcook Comanchero Goyathlay Highwayman Klondike Last.Mohican Tecumseh The.Iron.Horse