Repair ships

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• I dont really see the point of repair ships. They just have a big capacity of bots and bats that they can give to other players that just repair the hull damage and regenerate the shield. Maybe repair ships can act like flying repair buoys that repair the hull damage of the ship and all the damaged systems onboard. It sounds more practical because in the 2nd (or 1st ?( ) mission in SP, the prison ship gets all f***** up and says it called for repair ships. I mean a repair ship giving nanobots to a ship that huge for repair is just not practical. It would require like around 5000 bats to just repair a fraction of the hull damage.

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• I tried undocking that thing but never succeded - kicks me out every time.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• This could be really nice once destructible universe is on, to repair bases/stations/etc...

Moreover, it could also be used to repair Battleships (which do not use bots/bats neither).

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• FWIW, I've seen "repair guns/turrets" in other mods. They can repair only so much hull in so many seconds per shot, a repair ship with a bunch of repair guns/turrets with a buttload of bots and bats would be a great boon to Inner Core missions, IF the repair buoys were not currently available, particularly to capital ships as part of logistical support. They could also double as ammo carriers... A mobile repair/refit/ammo base, so to speak.

Anyway, I think they are a neat idea... However, they are brutally limited in abilities and usefulness save certain situations, kinda like bombers and capship killer VHFs currently. A brave and enterprising individual could make a good business selling their services in the Inner Core running a mobile repair/ammo base with one though I would think. :D8)

• I always wanted to be a cleric

oops wrong game :)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• yes that bug will be fixed.... once it got reported ^^ *cough*

repair guns are guns that are controlled by FLhook... so to say... if our hook version would support it you could use them

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• huh, couldnt it just be regular guns with negative damage ? i remember when i made scenarios in SW Galactic battlegrounds... we edited the damage of a unit wit ha negative value to "heal" other units. That's how jedi heroes had a force-heal power ^^

• nope - negative values are evil

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hmm. OP, I don't know how you feel about this, but I've seen some pretty impressive FLHooks in other mods. Mostly Freeworlds, but it might be something worth looking in to. Don't shoot me if this goes against something you've said in the past. I'm newish here and am not sure what you've tackled in the past.

• if you change the value of a gun to -1 it kills instandly (admin weapon in some mods) :D

Ah ! if the damage value is an unsigned integer, -1 will be interpreted as 65535 damage i guess... often forget that game values often use unsigned values... ^^

Hmm. OP, I don't know how you feel about this, but I've seen some pretty impressive FLHooks in other mods. Mostly Freeworlds, but it might be something worth looking in to. Don't shoot me if this goes against something you've said in the past. I'm newish here and am not sure what you've tackled in the past.

Yup he already said it ! FLHook from CF has some functionalities incompatible with other FLHook projects and cannot be merged. Either we devellop stuff for ourselves (ofte ntoo long for the gained benefit) or we lose existing functionalities to gain new ones (OP doesnt want to).