Good ship for a freelaner?

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The_Big_Fish:Leo.

• While i get used to the game again i am playing as a freelancer and doing anything that takes my fancy at the time, be it trading, exploring, or combat. The ship that was the best all-rounder when i was last playing was the bullpup MKIII and it still is an awesome ship, a good cargo hold and the firepower to fight of any pesky nomads but its shields are pants :( so what ship would you consider to be the best all-rounder these days and what equipment would you have equipped?

• APC have back 10lvl shield?

• Ya, then it's still on the lwoer shield option.

Well, it was nice while it could mount a lvl 10 one :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yeah an APC Frieghter for a trader is nice, but remember they are slow and handle badly, so you cannot do missions or anything like that. I have tried many of the new ships in the Crossfire universe in the short time I have been here and the nicest thing is you can have other identities so you can fly other ships for what you what to do that day.

I presonally like my Komodo Dragon for NPC killing and Missions and I know that many of the best out there fly one of the Fast and Agile Coalition Ships like the Lagg. But every pilot is different so try different ships to see what fits you the best. Remember it is only play money that you spend ..... LOL

:D

• Agreed.

The best ship for a freelancer would be a combination of ships for your needs.

Soulforge Trains are great for making money...so are the Bullpupmk3 and the APC, but they lack in the offense/defense department.

Having a VHF (or several) makes for a good way to take out the baddies (and other players)

I'm not sure if the docking restrictions on larger ships are still in effect, but if they are, i'd lean towards the bullpupmk3 or the apc as a moneymaker.

Also...the Deathblade (i think that's the one...there are several versions of it...but the one available in Oasis has a 170 cargo and is also a VHF with the standard 2 (9) 4 (10) vhf setup.
    The cargo hold isn't as big as the other money-makers, but if you prefer to fly only one ship for both money and killing, it's a good mix.

-Zeroth

• Zeroth, nope there are no docking restrictions on cap ships except the one not to redock to get more than 500 of an item at 1 station, even you can get 3000 of different items, sell some, buy more at the next, etc :D So you have a personal route and pirates can't guess or know where you go.

Talsman: Remember all your 'identityes' HAVE TO be Tagged as UR ;)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis