Unable to get the Game to Install Properly

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Protocentauri.

• I used to play Freelancer a few years ago and never had a problem installing the game. My brother among several people that have played this game in the past with me are experiencing the same problem.
    I've had diff problems with different installations and most of the forums have fixed those issues but, still havent' been to launch the game successfully.
    If someone can please give me a step by step installation procedure for ( Dummies ) I would greatly appreciate it.

• Hello and welcome at forum and server!

1. Uninstall your freelancer game and delete save games, also uninstall any other FL mod (if u run any)
    2. Use your search option and find/delete all files FL and/or mod relative!Use some registry cleaner.
    3. Install fresh copy of Freelancer and when you finish copy this FL folder at the safe place and rename it.(in case that u want to run multiple mods)
    4. Install FLMM 1.31 (freelance mod manager)
    5. Download ind install Crossfire 1.82 (after installation the FLMM should be opened).
    6. Activate the mod (1st time try without advanced graphic options, however this settings depends of ur PC configuration)
    7. Let the game patch its self.
    8. Note your ID number somewhere!!!
    9. Play and enjoy :)

• Good list Bond

After point 6. BE SURE you start the game using the icon or shrotcut which leads you to teh Freelancer installation folder, not in any other place.The CF files inside "mods" inside flmm are not usable, never.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis