Events, event managers and suggestions

There are 203 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• Well shock said he couldn't host it so I offered to do it. That wad the only time I could do it so I did it then. And just FYI, it was afternoon for me.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• omg, Abras.. i didnt went to sleep until 3am so i can host event for other players and you are still talking crap about us?

go ahead, you can host it next time.

• omg, Abras.. i didnt went to sleep until 3am so i can host event for other players and you are still talking crap about us? go ahead, you can host it next time.

first of all.

if you dont go to sleep till 3am (whatever your timezone is) its your choice. obviously you are still in an age where you can do that, since you dont have to go to work, or some other RL-stuff to do :) (or school is off or whatever)

second.

its good that events been hostet. my concern is just for the players who do have an real life and also things to care about and therefore not being able to stay up the whole night (refering to GMT + timezones)

third.

Im not talking crap about anyone and if you say it I feel kinda offended from you, since you obviously dont get the meaning from my previous post.

fourth.

the way you say it, it makes it sound like I always (or mostly) say crap (according to your words) about others. which is an offense in my understanding. therefore I would like you to think about your choice of words for the future. thank you

fifth.

Im not interested in hosting any events, since I dont have the time to host any. and I can not say before if I would have time to do so. So there is no sense for me to offer myself being an event manager.

sixth.

the announcement for event managers are closed so far anyway and there was no need for further ones published, was there?

seventh.

I just think that events / delays / interruptions or any other announcements according to the particular events should be posted in the thread of that concerning event. so that others can read about it when they see the right topic being renewed. and would not have to look through all posts in order to eventually find some changes according the next upcoming event. ( get what I mean)

thanks!

• yes indeed...lets stop the spam plz. I have instructed all EMs several times through both the recent EM meeting and server-side to host the events at their aloted time. as it has been outlined, with some EMs having RL troubles, that is why we have some backup EMs to take control of events if the primary host is not available. me and all other EMs endeavor to keep all events on time with their days as best we can. so if a EM isnt online at the exact time of the event, plz standby and either a backup EM or the primary EM should eventually show up. :)

if a EM is unable to host a event on it's day, a post will often be made in the proper event thread, depending on if the manager is able to actually get online to make the post. we thank you for your patience.

• I'm going to retire my EM for a while. Smuggler Hunt I host has become a little too predictable and I feel I need a break from it. If anyone has fresh ideas and would like to host the event, please let me know.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Current event manager chars:

Event_Team_1 - $1,402,057,001
    Event_Manager_Dino (#1) - $1,089,498,615
    Event_Manager_Sphinx - $835,755,228
    Event_Team_2 - $830,797,000
    Event_Manager_Avian - $821,924,412
    Event~Manager~Michael - $740,236,274
    Lashan_Event_Manager - $743,886,891
    Event_Manager_MAVERICK - $724,709,546
    Event_Manager_Dino (#2) - $617,587,616
    EventManager_ARROW - $392,578,039
    Event_Manager_Shockwave - $150,975,166
    StarflierTDM~EM~Michael - $944,917,729
    [EM]Feuerdrache - $651,408
    [EM]Vishnu - $166,248,215
    [EM]Miner-Feuerdrache - $4,829,779
    [EM]Scout-Feuerdrache - $52,546,332
    [EM]RyderHook - $8,605,450
    [EM]Miner-Ryder - $150,000

BUDGET: around 9.5 billion credits.

• Will anyone mind if I steal some money from inactive EMs, if I have to step in as an emergency EM?

:bmuhahaha:

• Just bring back the assault even 8).

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• i can take Smugglers hunt untill you dont find replacement..
    and 2 EM Dino's? no way, I have just one, with 1b which i got from EM Maverick coz i was getting low on money.

@Tyrael: You can ask OP for Feuerdrache's Asteroid miner. I have other, and Lashan 3rd, but she's never online.

• I`m sure that OP is reading these threads and I hope that he will throw some light on this. Lashan, Lashan .. that dragon lady :P
    Yea, she has the bad habit to disappear now and then :D But yea, Assault event was the best event for me and I`ll be happy to take part in it again :thumbsup:

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Suddenly, there are no EMs left. I'm restarting events, hosting TDM on mondays and Smuggler Hunt on wednesdays.

Can we have a headcount of active EMs, and if someone else wants to host events, they are most welcome to apply here.

• I still need "my mate" at Assault Event to make one, and on TDM Shock's doing a good job :)

Maybe, Shockwave, we could do Assault event together, it seems ppl love it. We'll need OP in this tho, to give you a miner and "prepare" them both if they need some fix.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• Cro, it was Lashan.

And, I have 200m left on my EM, and il start hksting Top Gun. ( I can take one more event if needed. )

And, I have access to one of Asteroid miners too.

• I do not appoint EMs, this is more of an organizational topic. Sphinx, Feuerdrache, Lashan -> haven't seen them in a while. Michael's been pretty offline too (I may be mistaken).

Cro, ask OP if you can, if he confirms, make a char Event_Manager_Cro and have OP tweak it (uni-chat and money).

Since Avian's been long gone and inactive, I'll fine his EM char for the money (as i have about 150M).

As for asteroid miner, sure - I'll make a char on that EM account, and contact OP. Should be fun.