Events, event managers and suggestions

There are 203 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• This week is hell due to holidays and hangovers, so no events from me, unless we organize something spontaneous. Just FYI. :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Hello all

EDIT:
    I am co-host of the Nomad gun hunt event, and also now the manager of Top gun event. Hope to see u all at there! :)

Lashan

Edited once, last by darkjedi ().

• darkjedi's meeting made a lot of sense, many events not running on time and everything (i've contributed to this too, my bad).

we made some changes, as you can see here.

i still don't know where to put Dino - are you a full on EM now, what do you host? all i saw was a top gun, on friday, i think...

• Hi all

I am just posting this to let everyone know, that all Event manager positions are currently filled up and have several backup Event managers standing by to host events when primary hosts are not on. so at the moment, no new event managers will be accepted for the time being. if it becomes clear to me there the situation changes, i will give the appropriate update.

thank you

• Also, if anyone has a suggestion for an event, you're also welcome to put your two cent in.

I may have an idea for a "variant" of the Top-Gun Event.

The principle would be that each participant is given a specific target at the start,
    in a way that each player has a target but is also targeted. When a target is killed,
    the "dead" player gives out his own target to the "killer", so he can proceed to next
    target... and so long, until remains one survivor :)

P1 -> P2
    ^ ...... V
    P4 <- P3

Not sure if this is clear LOL,
    but idea came out from an old "real life" RP game.

Advantages: you are sure there is no "group" forming against anyone (even if already specified in regular top-gun),
    and everyone must survey everyone else (requires some more strategy?)

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• Also, there could be 2 rewards for such events:

- for the survivor
    - for the most kills (may not be same player)

-- -- Visit Us!

• Never change a running System ;) The Top Gun Event is most popular the way it is, no profit can be realized with changeing it but less players playing it. For having a new Event - are the normal ones already hold every day?

Click the image above to visit us.

• I just gave idea if suggestions are looked for.. you are free to do whatever with it hehe

Suits me as well if it is not needed :)

-- -- Visit Us!

• I can't make it tonight to host the Smuggler Hunt, and I need someone to take my place. It's work related and I can't attend (been busy lately - I'm sorry about short notice, I didn't know until this afternoon).

• If it's after 5PM at -6 GMT I can host it for you.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• It's fine Dino I got it.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• I hosted the smuggler hunt at 0:00 server time.

• wait .. 00:00 server time?? . what the heck

that means it was held by 01:00am GMT . thats THREE hours LATER than usual. and it has not even been announced to be belated anyway. 8|

did I miss something or did the -meeting-, the event managers just had, not really have any success?

I thought it did turn out in the way, if one manager is not able to host the event which is supposed to be hosted, the second in reserve kicks in, so the even can be holded as announced? ?(

sad. Im sorry but thats just sad. :(

but on the other hand. maybe events are just ment to be made for the once who have nothing to do the next day or not to get up earlier cause of RL issues

ofc, its kinda nice for all people who have the event starting in THEIR afternoon/evening and not like in others middle of the night or actually the next morning.

sorry for my 2 cents in here. X(

• If it's after 5PM at -6 GMT I can host it for you.

i can do it on 23:00 servertime. ^^

It's fine Dino I got it.

wrong - has been announced and good that it was held anyway. better late than never ;)

so.. is that what you refering to??

huor.. you should know better, that the recent activities (more like the usual forum activites) leads users more likely in NOT READING every single post anymore (or maybe its just me, gotting sick of the most here)

and the last -announcement- for the smuggler hunt (at least where the topic says 'Smuggler Hunt' so people expect some new information about it) was for the event being held on Jan 5th :P which was NOT yesterday ;)

at least that is my understanding for announcing anything concerning the particular event. not some mentioning in other threads about something. ;)

but ok.. I was wrong. sorry .. my fault. I appologize for expecting information being posted in the right thread.

and announced on the server? hmm.. NOPE :) at least not when I was online. but ok. maybe I was not online at the right time ?(