Another week...

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• ... more changes... well you know the procedure ^^

Actually im a bit late meanwhile but i wanted to get a confirmation first about some changes.

Ill make it short...

• again design changes have been done on both styles with hopefully positive results (at least i like them)
    • again a bunch of fixes on the site have been done
    • the moderators have made some good progress with the detail work on the gallery
    • huor has made some good progress on the community bar registration interface (as far i can tell)
    • the work on the forum structure got finished with the following result

• all game categories on the forum got restructured in a similar way
      • the game news have been put right on the top of every section and seperated from the other forums to keep a similar structure even for game categories which cover more than just one game (eg. Wing Commander, Spaceforce, Mass Effect...)
      • All games aswell as all mods have a forum for technical problems nows (new boards were created and old support forums were renamed as the name "support" may lead to misunderstandings about its purpose)
      • additional detailed forum descriptions have been added (now all boards are being covered by those) -> so read first before you post (you too michael ^^)
      • several game sections got completely reorganized to cover more than just one game (now they cover all sequels)
      • the styles of the game sections got improved a bit
      • Sub-boards of SWAT Projects are not visible anymore unless you enter the Mods main Forum (I felt like the display of subboards does only confuse members -> if they are interested in one of the SWAT Projects they will enter its Forum anyway and see the subboards then)
      • the public boards are now sorted alphabetically
      • Welcome messages are now being put into a new Forum board and therefore seperated from the off topic
      • the Crossfire Forums were partly moved out of the Freelancer board as way too many members could not imagine that a Freelancer mod might be "hidden" somewhere on the Freelancer game section... well if ppl cant find the correct forums for crossfire now then ive no idea what more i could do
      • above i have said that the Crossfire forum has partly moved out of the Freelancer Forum section... that means actually just in case that the above described situation would be opposite (members would head straight to the freelancer section to post something CF related instead of checking the Crossfire Forum on the main site) -> well to make it short you still can find a 2nd link to the Crossfire Forums right under the SWAT Projects of the Freelancer Forum (i just wanted to make it idiot-proof)
      • Crossfire Forums

• the CF forums also got a new structure
        • 1. Category is for Mod related discussions or probs
        • 2. english boards (several old forums got removed or outsourced)
        • 3. german boards (with the same structure as the english boards)
        • 4. Roleplay boards
        • 5. Management boards (only visible to clan leaders and serverpolice)
        • The roleplay boards got a structure based on the Crossfire Roleplay, every faction has its own board to make announcements there or post about agreements or battle results
          i will take a close look at the content of these boards if there are troubles on these boards i will start with punishments -> so stay cool and fair
        • ASF aswell as CSF got a Roleplay report forums -> only members of the faction are able to post there (this way every side can post THEIR VIEW on a battle or incident in a RP style without that anybody can start to argue about it as the opposite faction or freelancers can not reply)
          It has to be said that i will not allow quotes from one thread to another... so just forget about copy/pasting stuff from the opposite faction... i will not tolerate this. This is about RP with different kinds of views.
        • moderation of those RP factions has been given to Daywalker + Myric (CSF) and to SA_Arrows + Michael (ASF) -> they decide who gets access to the ASF/CSF groups
        • further more it has to be said that the ASF and CSF forums returned to the Portal again... every faction has a private forum where only members of those factions have access to (I clearly will observe both of those private forums to ensure fairplay... but i will not interfere with the factions in any way)
        • currently the normal roleplay boards (normal server roleplay) are open to all... everyone can write there and unless you start serious troubles in there i will not remove that write access but if i see that you have to argue of stupid shit i will limit the write access to the clan leaders only

• the final change i have to announce is that the DragonCorps have moved their headquarter to SWAT
      DC got its own private area with a nice set of Clan Forums here on the SWAT Portal

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!