Starting Money.

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by uncleglennie.

• Hi guys, I install CF 1.81 and enjoy very much well done its amazing, my question is, there is any way to increase the money at the start of the game, I play in SP no story line and I want to explore this game but i would like to buy half decent ship, since that they cost millions and the jobs around liberty pay pinuts.

Thanks in Advance

• 1) trade vips from manhatten to newark (you will just need a few hours) or loot some wrecks
    2) buy a fighter (be proud of it you worked for it)
    3) loot some wrecks for better weaps (dangerous with low level equipment)
    4) hunt pods in liberty, after it in kusari or bretonia and after it in rheinland (you will earn much money while pod hunting) sell the pods in prisons nearby (be proud of it you worked for it)
    5) buy a normal (vanilla) VHF loot some higher classed wrecks in the new systems and hunt pods over there (don´t forget to upgrade your ship) (be proud of it you worked for it)

6) Go and follow ALL CF Storylines (There are many - very interesting Stories - in the Game) after it you will have had much fun, a deep visit into CF, you saw several new Systems and you probably have an excelent ship. (be proud of it if you realy made it, cause their are hard tasks)

7) Go Online and learn to fight human Players - explore the rest of the Game with fellow Freelancers or Clans, than try Roleplay and be a Pirate so you will never be alone, be a merc to hunt and protect for money, be a smuggler always in fear for your cargo or be a cop and fight for the law (or your own pocket).

8) Become a member of a clan and start a career, learn the tricks how to realy fly a ship and take part in an intergalactic War, a deep crysis where two parties are fighting for an other view of how the universe should work.

9) Make friends and opponents and become a real Ace

All this will show you Freelancer Crossfire - and probably you need some years for it - but... years of fun ;)

Other possibility:
    Go and cheat some money - which is realy not needed - and miss all the written above and a great Game.

Your choice.

ps.: did i already mentioned that CF is coming with two (!) complete new Galaxies (! not Systems, Galaxies like Sirius is a Galaxy).
    pps.: not only one, several new high leveled Alien Races are also around...

Click the image above to visit us.

Edited once, last by Daywalker ().

• I don't want to spoil your fun so i'll just drop some hints that will help you to make a quickstart:
    1. explorers found some ancient structure in Omicrom Alpha- it might be wise to have a look at it
    2. there is more in bars than bribes and jobs..... for example news
    3. fighting is sometimes an option, in other cases there are better ways to reach an objektive
    4. there are worse foes than other humans around, so think twice how many parties you plan to fight, and who you'd rather be neutral with
    5. no one likes Xenos

• Yep, Altair, Sirius and the rest are called "Sectors", Sirius sector even in the original Freelancer intro video ^^ *cough* as all sectors are in the same galaxy with Inner Core in the center of it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 3 times, last by Michael ().

• much better when they find the way through omicron alpha

This may be the best way but I never knew about this way until way later when I finally started to read the news on Planet Crossfire.

Up to that point I just traded goods to make enough money, and it took forever.

But by doing this I was able to explore and open up the various systems, which is a big part of CF.

Then again if I knew to read the news earlier I would have saved a lot of time...oh well. :bstayaway: