To change ? or not...

There are 39 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• Should Michael change his signature's picture ? 14

1. No ! The new picture is ugly ! (0) 0%
    2. I don't care !!! (3) 21%
    3. No ! His actual picture is better ! (1) 7%
    4. Neutral--Can't choose if yes or no (2) 14%
    5. Yes ! Add the new one together with your old one !! (1) 7%
    6. Yes ! It was the time... (6) 43%
    7. Yes ! I prefer the new one ! (6) 43%

Hey mates ^^

All this thread is cus I have a lil issue with my signature... with this new customized picture:

<------ Larger version if you click on it.

Should I delete the animation picture to change to this one ? Or should I keep it... or maybe I should post them both together ? 8o

Together they look well, but that would make OP to increase the picture limit allowed with 1 :D

NOTE: You have 3 available votes !

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• Damn fight with oversized compensating-for-something swords... :D
    Change it!

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Not all swords are oversized... but haven't you notice the world's temptation for oversized cannons, guns, missiles and stuff ?? The power need, and addiction... Unless we get prepared for an alien invazion or star wars, we don't need hydronuclear weapons or quark accelerators that can provoke even a bigger explosion if used as weapon :D (where a touch btw matter and antimatter provoke an explosion of 100 % matter consumption, where nuclear ones just have btw 9 and 13 % ^^ ).

I was just thinking that the animation would bring few problems to some users with lower internet connection or PC peformance :D

PSst: you need oversized swords to kill oversized monsters... or is that you can kill an elepant with a pocket knife ? xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It´s a good idea not to limit the sig to a square and use the 3D effect. Also the wording Chief of Police is nice :D

Click the image above to visit us.

• The answer is to change it, but I'm waiting for OP to increase a bit the limit of 200 pixels on height... that's so small D:

• i support you Mike.

Btw, i'm requesting your permission to make a similar Sig style and spread it to the SA members. I doubt i'll be able to remake a nice frame like yours but DW is right, stepping out of the rectangle canvas and bringing shadows and 3D effect is great looking ! Thx for granting your intellectual property rights to me ^^ I short i wanna publicly say that i wish to copy you so ppl don't start saying that i copied you. I will have permission :P

• i do agree with Huor about DW's sig... even on 1440x900 one DW post takes the whole screen because of his sig.

And about lowering the height, i don't think its necessary 200px is pretty fine may be raise to 250 to make little transparent zones like Mike. its not intrusive or agressive to the eye imo.

I'd prefer more space to type text in order to introduce html divs that would put the text on the side of the image thus reducing the height. But unfortunately OP reduced the text lenght limit so i can nolonger put my chars on the right of my image, neither the rest of the text.

- if it would be smaller i guess it would even look better :))

Huor, damn you nasty rat :D

I remember Times where your SIg was stretching the whole Forum for everyone to a size which no monitor was able to diplay but only yours - and everyone was complaining about it.

But ok, here is the deal - you will bring back TRF and i will change my Sig. :P

Click the image above to visit us.

• :D

No need to bring back TRF tho - they are there - but not here^^
    I know that i had a big signature as well - and i learned from this mistake as well as others :) Honestly forums are there to post new, discuss whatever needs to be discussed and not to show big images that are displayed again and again and again through all posts here on the forum. BTW thats related to many users - not only you and me ;)

Remember supercars once had a signature where i need to scroll down two pages before i could read a new post - and i had a resolution of 1200 px in height...

signature.png

• What about this take ? It has not Mike's fine details but its a first draft for future SA sigs. Note that its fully loaded with rewards and it should not be as much as loaded normally.

EDIT :

Without the rewards :

• Even though I like signatures, I recently turned them off on this forum. Too many people have been filling all available space with silly pictures. It makes the forum hard to read.

I would prefer text-only sigs; 150 character max.

If you want to display a picture, that is what avatars are for.

If you want an entire web page full of stuff, then use a link.

PS: Nothing personal, Michael... you just happened to be the only person who asked for opinions. :)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

Edited once, last by Bullwinkle ().

• Micheal go for the new sign...it shows your place in CF and the forum way better than the fighting sword play which is cool too. What ship is that?

And Arrow, new draft sign... is good and definitely use without rewards.

• That ship is the T Rex, an aggressive name :D Also was the original overpowered ship. Using the current best ship would be spoiling, so I keep a simple nice ship :D

Arrow btw the two versions you posted, the one withou medals is the best as nicest... medals just get ppl's eyes crazy, too much stuff on 200 pixels :D But you could group all medals to 1, like some ranking, where you need more ribbons and medals to get that rank, and that rank is represented by 1 medal :) At least for SWAT.

@any I nearly can't change the signature, as the limit won't change, at least to 250 height, this is what mine can be , and I hardly see the letters where before where big, and for 35 pixels more...

@DW The pixels of your animation are big, low definition, you could easely concentrate it and make it smaller, it would look like my last animation, the medals should also be nice on higher def :) But the problem is that theres a limit of 200 kb for a siggie pic, and OP won't increase it. Even the limit was made to 530 pix thx to some picture.
    PS: Add your current animation to the wanted poster to keep it in SWAT's memory :D

• Well about that rewards stuff i'm kinda unwilling to remove them completely. Its something i added to our clan "motivation" efforts. I want to reward those who participate and succeed in our clan. Although, i might be removing the exploration badges... Not much point showing to ppl your visited Liberty^^...

Hmmm i guess i gotta reedit a bit the SA Member Guide to latest standards and include my new experiences in it anyway...

So what about i just keep the 2 "position pins" (below avatar) to mark recruiters and trainers, the 4 "honorific medal" (bottom) for special actions and the 3 "participation medals" (cascading on the right). Would it be okay with space ?

• Everything is ok in your forum with the medals, as you can have as big signatures as you wish ^^ But on Swat... you have to limit it to a square of 100.000 pixels... so you can summarize the ammount, just like you said the last time :) it's a good idea, and your choice what you keep ^^ So, remember if you wish to make the siggis cooler and clearer on Swat, it's not needed to change anything at SA :)

• You don't have to remind me about my unlimited power as SA forum admin Mike ^^ The fact is that i don't want the members to have mutiple sigs that change from place to place... A single nice one everywhere will be good. I'm working on the latest draft i'll be posting later !

• Unlimited power ? Don't be so sure about it ^^ There are many things which can finish that, or make it useless :diablo: