Why not adding some players thinking of Ships :))) the best can be added on the next Crossfire Patch

There are 33 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• This discussion ties nicely in with my ideas on balancing ships and weapons, it would be great to keep adding in ships, the more the merrier I say, would love to see a fight with 6 or more different types of ships involved... I hear discovery gets over those problems by a very simple system of " the bigger a ship the better the ship the more expensive the ship" and also with fewer choices... So it would be nice unique thing for CF to have the most ships (which it already does) but also the best balancing system for PvP! :D

Clan: ~TR~ "The Runners" Characters: [CYBORG] [Nostromo] Allied Clan: -=UG=- "United Guardians"

"See ya space cowboy!"

• Discovery doesn't even have better ships than the normal Eagle... few pieces which cost a bunch or some trains are the only new ships there.

Crossfire has pretty many low end ships, light fighters or normal ones, but with lvl 6, 7 or other lower lvls slots for weapons and stuff, which could also be made for lvl 10 weaponry to give more choice for the PvPers.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• CF has it´s own concept of Ships, which is pretty balanced, also how they work and interact - imO never change a running system as long as there is no reason for it especialy when it is unique.

There are other concepts in the FL Community, also good but different ones - no need to copy such a system if you ask me.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I would simply love it if the ships from Cowboy Bebop got added! I mean if there was ONE film/series that would deserve having it's space fighters and ships made real in freelancer it would be Cowboy Bebop! The series is practically BASED on FL if not the other way round (it's an oldish Animation)

Clan: ~TR~ "The Runners" Characters: [CYBORG] [Nostromo] Allied Clan: -=UG=- "United Guardians"

"See ya space cowboy!"

• if there was ONE film/series that would deserve having it's space fighters and ships made real in freelancer it would be Cowboy Bebop! The series is practically BASED on FL if not the other way round (it's an oldish Animation)

I had to look up Cowboy Bebop (1998), and I agree that it is probably influenced by Privateer and also probably influenced Starlancer and Freelancer. Cowboy Bebop has gate accidents (like the Houston Debris Field), people living in junk fields (like Junkers), and people hacking gate lanes (like Lane Hackers). And, of course, the crew of the Bebop are all Bounty Hunters. As you say, Cowboy Bebop has quite a bit in common with Freelancer.

I would love to hear some of the excellent Cowboy Bebop music in-game, as well!

[video]

[/video]

I see that there is a hollywood version of the movie scheduled for release in 2011:

[video]

[/video]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• lol but the second video is just a fan made video with matrix and some other movies. Still, a movie from that would be cool ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• lol but the second video is just a fan made video with matrix and some other movies. Still, a movie from that would be cool ^^

Whoops... I was fooled by the title! There does appear to be a movie planned for 2011, with Keanu Reeves as Spike Speigel, but there is not much more information available yet.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

Edited once, last by Bullwinkle ().

• plz no links to illegal sources

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• NO! not Keanu Reevs!!! Spike is meant to be relaxed and fluid! not WOOD!

"See ya space cowboy!"

• Hurrey !! I wish Keanu would be the main character once again :D
    PS: He can be relaxed too.... it's clear you didn't watched all of his movies :D He even made romantic ones ^^ :P

But on his productioin list the future movies are only theese...
    Passengers (2011) (pre-production)
    Henry's Crime (2010) (post-production) .... Henry [yep, he'll be the main guy again :D ]