What's in the Nomad Outpost in Styx and how do I dock there?

There are 38 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• I'm sure this question has been discussed before, but I'm new to CF so please take pity. At least until I finish SP and then try MP, then I ask for no mercy, I'll just hug you with my vengence.

• Hm inside the Nomad Outpost... well - ahm - guess Nomads are in there. They look ugly such that a human would become sick if you look at them more than just a second. Thatswhy its better to shoot them everywhere they respawn. Besides the fact that you need a battalion to dock there - nothing really important for SP or MP is inside there.

Isnt this description more stimulating than just posting whats in there? ;)

signature.png

• I'm sure this question has been discussed before, but I'm new to CF so please take pity. At least until I finish SP and then try MP, then I ask for no mercy, I'll just hug you with my vengence.

In MP it is an Admin base. Players cannot dock there.

Michael once reported that the base is dockable in SP by shooting the shield generator to reduce its power then docking. It may not be possible to destroy the shield generator.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Your right Bullwinkle, I've tried unloading a supermarket full of artillery at that generator and in the process got nowhere, used all my ammo, got seriously ticked off and therefore have decided to make my sole purpose in CF to bitch slap every Nomad I ever see again. Boy are they in trouble!!!

P.S. I think I need to calm down, and maybe try to enjoy my new avatar... no, I think I need...

a beer.

• It's the base of THE DARK SIDE!

So it's probably loaded with cookies. :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• lol, I wonder how people don't get the way to get inside that outpost :O You also have to manually move your ship until right under the station, by where the light beam goes.

The best ship and equipment for SP(SinglePlayer) is located there, SP(Server Police) stuff !

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• There's also a Boobs 'Я' Us store there. So I'm told. :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• lol, I wonder how people don't get the way to get inside that outpost

Given the vanilla experience at Dyson City, it seemed obvious to me that destroying the shield generator was the key to getting inside the base. The fact that I could attack the generator without the base turning hostile seemed to support that idea.

There is no previous experience that would suggest that we could lower the force shield around the base by damaging the shield generator. All previous experience suggests that we must destroy the generator.

For me, that was the piece of the puzzle that I found mysterious.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• So Micheal...Is it worth my time to attempt this folly? How do you know when the beam is lessened and do I need to be right under the outpost to dock. Every attempt I've made to dock I just sit there and wait and wait...then those bloody blue pests (Mad's) show up to crash the party. Sometimes I wonder if a real sexy Nomad lives there and makes you beg before you can enter.

• I suggest you forget about docking there & this thread gets deleted. I`d hate to see anyone be dumb enough to try & attempt to dock at that Outpost... Especially now that every single person can read how it`s (or maybe isn`t) done.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Well gentlemen, after a little check...

So basically it should be possible to lower the shield....

• this becoming very interesting, there is a way ofc...only what you need is a special weapon which can destroy this boring shield. How? One shoot and shield is down, however there is a trick (like in every game)...

• Hellraiser, we're speaking about the SinglePlayer way to dock to that station, on MP you can't, there is no enrance for it.

So Micheal...Is it worth my time to attempt this folly? How do you know when the beam is lessened and do I need to be right under the outpost to dock. Every attempt I've made to dock I just sit there and wait and wait...then those bloody blue pests (Mad's) show up to crash the party. Sometimes I wonder if a real sexy Nomad lives there and makes you beg before you can enter.

No no no,just sitting there and wait for it to dock you is the worst way counting that there is no full sequence to dock with it. It will just get you arround and colloding until you die ... lol

There is one little zone, exactly under the station (by where the beam enters) where is the docking bay zone... you have to go there manually and then press dock. Haven't you ever heard about "fast docking" ? it works with jumpgates/holes dock bays and planet docking rings... if you want to dock faster with a planet you jut go in middle of the ring, and rdy, no docking sequence. Instant docking. The same with the nomad outpost, there's no docking sequence, you put in middle of the docking bay and dock. And the bay is exactly under it, like a battleship.

Btw, Micheal, how did u do it...

told it

...or are u just a big FAT liar? LOL

Next timeyou see me in-space... aware... LOL :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Next time I'm in Styx I'll give your suggestion Micheal about docking quickly a go.

The fact that we're not allowed to dock there makes it even more attractive. We're all just big kids after all. Don't you agree. It kind of feels like we're staying up way past our bedtime.