Steam

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Myric.

• STEAM

I wanted to talk about this application today. Going back some years when the first Half-Life game appeared and rocked the gaming community with its unique and exciting gameplay – lots of people were anticipating HL2. However, when it came out, Valve decided to link the game to Steam and soon after people could read page after page after page of complaints and technical difficulties experienced by the gaming public trying to activate the game.

So – I never bought HL2 and never played it – and ignored Steam. Roll on some years….

I bought the Orange box collection which included HL2, Portal and Team Fortress 2. I activated the games using steam – and ignored Steam.

Roll on some months…

If you are like me – you cannot afford to buy PC Games asap after launch as the price is so steep.

If you are like me – you wait until they are released a bit cheaper.

If you are like me – you go into some shops looking for some budget games released but can never find them.

This Xmas I had some free time and explored steam and managed to find some games at a very cheap price – and now for the price of a new full price game – I have bags full of games – some of them relatively newish. I bought and completed Bioshock, and found and completed a game called Torchlight – a Diablo clone. I am currently going though something called Titan Quest and also dabbled in Civilisation IV. I still got a whole heap of games to go through after that… I also found some other Digital Download services – and these do not even require online activation.

So back to Steam…

1. Anyone tried it? Any thoughts?

2. Would it be beneficial to this community to have a SWAT/ Steam group where we can meet and talk and play together a whole variety of games?

3. Does this already exist – something called Xfire?

4. Anyone have thoughts on steam and the fact that you have to be connected online before you can play?
    5. Also – apart from Freelancer and Crossfire, are any members of this community meeting up in cyberspace and spending some leisure time together?

Az

PS Why do I have to log into SWAT again each time - even the remember me setting or whatever it is called is failing. And both at home and work.

• dunno - it works for me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• PS Why do I have to log into SWAT again each time - even the remember me setting or whatever it is called is failing. And both at home and work.

Could be reason of a wrong cookie settings or some browser relevant settings that have a higher priority than your settings.. I would check Cookies first tho ;)

signature.png

• Just to let people know that the well know game POrtal is a free download until the 24th of Mai on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov