A favor

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ryleous Arkane (SA_ORION).

• Would You (OP) make old trade routes (prisoner run, SOL run, SOS run, Franky run...)viable ? This may give an opportunity for RPing as in this game trading is the biggest RP.
    (+make one from New York to DK systems?)
    Thanks in advance.[MSIE_newline_end ]

• Just as a remark, there's plenty of routes available right now, both legal and illegal. All it takes is a bit of exploration and analysis.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Well trade route are changing every day so you always need to find new routes... That's what activate all the RP... Traders follow the changing routes to make their profit, pirates follow traders to make their hijacks, police follow the pirates to make their arrests, smugglers avoid all this so they sneak with their BMGs and mercs take contracts from any other parties or hunt for bounties...

What we need is :
    Police that chase pirates instead of hunting NPCs WITH THEM and post more bounties...
    Mercs that hunt those bounties and help out other roles in their jobs...
    Pirates that hijack, kill, drink Whiskey, mess up with the authorities...
    Smugglers that make money with illegal routes that will draw pirates out to get their cargo and police to monitor all this doing...
    Military/Explorers that organize adventure to ignite the dormant flame in each of us...
    Events to have fun outside RP sometimes...
    More PPL online to cover the growing flyable space 1.81 introduced because everything is so distant now (Ex : Police no longer fulfill their duty because they need to fly 30 minutes to chase a pirates or a smuggler...)

That's the way it was before, that's how it should get back, simply.

For the route New York DK systems :
    Isn't there already the energy crytals from Inner Core worth a lot in SIrius ? Haven't mined/traded yet in IC so i don't know if those crystals are that valuable but i guess thay are hard to get so they are worth it !

A personnal proposal would be to increase the char limit per player to 7 or 8 so we have a bit more ships scattered all around known space to counter the effect of the very large world. It would allow people to cover more space by leaving ships in key locations as well as forcing them to hunt fro more money to equip these chars.
    The best would be :
    2 or 3 Fighters scattered in Sirius, Inner Core and Altair
    1 Capital Ship to make a good firepower presence in expeditions in the core
    1 or 2 Traders : a small one to trade between stations and one large to make longer runs
    1 or 2 Utility: Storage/recruiter/EM slot

ARROW out-

• I would like to see the sol run back on too, but there are plenty of other routes that are profitable. Of course I dont need to trade too much since Sirius Bucks Coffee is doing well and so is my extortion.....I mean "fines" of smuggling players. :D

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• as i said b4 "few smuggler destinations in one single day will do" and without uber secrets about locations (i know how to find route but many newcomers have no clue)

@ Op
    can u put info with some clues about uber routes in daily news.This will help the game.
    technically possible?

• technical possible but i wont do so

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• technical possible but i wont do so

And thank you for that!

IMO, the advantage is that finding a good route is hard, takes both time and resources - having a clue in the news about a good route just for sh*ts & giggles sucks, and diminishes people who rely on secrecy when smuggling.

• yeah and the other side of the coin is that easy traderoutes mean easy money, less time that a player has to spent to make that money, billioniars and finally boredom with the result of players leaving the server

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I agree.

And, btw - I think SoS run exists, a friend told me. Fun fun fun! :D

• Do you know how many players are trading nowadays?
    I know the answer: 0.[MSIE_newline_end ]

I'd almost have to agree with this, the addition of the Dervon system in 1.8 and the lure of a good resale price on Ancient Cannons makes it a much more attractive lure for those seeking to acquire wealth quickly than with the slower methods of trading.

• I trade!

But I see your points, and you are right - almost everyone is in Dervon... This can be fixed only by OP, either decreasing alien gun prices or reducing number of loot spawns or something like that...

• Don't you think you're getting a little " mean " atm? ... Either trading or killing ancients in Dervon to make money ==> Your Call

And OP chosed Dervon . so ... I am totally ok with that.

• It was just a suggestion... But I think Keli's right.

• this means "no"
    such changes would take weeks.... not to mention that the current trade routes are based on the old ones (just with more variations)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i disagree

If so how u can explain Gunny's presence or Voss's 2, not to mention all this ppl with huge amount of money in their virtual banks in 1.7?
    As usually if OP say something then many of u guys start to nod with ur heads and thinking process is finished.

Anyway this (trading) is not the reason for empty server, in contrary "easy" trading will attract many newbies(some of them will stay*).I am old enough to have patience and can trade for days, do RP, do PvP and whatever...How many old players we have here right now as active?We need vets but we need fresh meat too, think in present and u shall see the path.

*I will explain my thinking:
    "From my point of view, whole world run in a simple way, quantity produce quality, accept ur role as part of quantity and then one day, maybe, u will be able to understand that quality is so rare"

• trading is easy atm

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,