Server side problem?

There are 28 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Well after waiting to see if things would change for about 2-3 days now I have to post.

I know it's not just me at this point the Crossfire server has been running restarts every 20 minutes or so it' may need a hard restart or something as FL hook commands are no longer working properly.

If I am wrong I apologize just asking that this matter be looked into, thank you for all your hard work thus far.

• I sent a PM last night to OP about the FLhook prob...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• dont worry - i read that stuff
    but i see no reason to do anything... afterall im not supporting CF anymore since the players stopped to support SWAT

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok so um I got this down to a science it's restarts every 15 minutes right on the money guess it may just be a lost cause whatever I'm leaving for Military service soon anyway least I tried to get it fixed

and about support from the players I'm pretty lost on that one maybe try to explain how we could support SWAT a little more maybe I would be less confused

• maybe i dont want to explain this anymore since thats what ive been doing week by week, since january

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sorry I never meant to start a fuss I was just addressing an issue for the record I personally love CF I would hate to see it die out just because some people do not have anything good to say or whatever the case may be

• But FLhook works not properly not abt n00bs, who don`t know to restart CF, isn`t it? So server reboots happens in every 10 min even if no ppl online.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• yeah I was thinking it was people not restarting there clients too but that can't be the case when it keeps happening at 4 in the morning when there is only about 2-3 people in the server

and on top of that FL hook has not been working so it has to be a server issue

• Well when the new mod appeared there were 40+ ppl online. Then they realized that the server can't manage a mod this big so they left. And now OP realized this too so he left.
    Sad story. Unfortunately not the ppl causing the crashes, this is pretty obvious. Oh and people never meant to supoort SWAT, they were supporting Crossfire .

• no - the server easily can handle +50 players (the performance was perfect)
    just ppl were too stupid do follow simple instructions... they downloaded a versions which was not officially released... and caused heavy problems to the server which took me weeks to fix and which even has lead to the deactivation of features on the server since that

next to that when the server was running ok again
    the players of this community didnt do a shit for the server
    events could not take place coz i was not able to do the neccessary changes due to the lack of feedback from the EMs
    SP rights could not be given coz i have to wait 6 weeks before i got the neccessary answers from the clans
    the PR campaign i asked this community for did not even start since nobody ever felt responsible for it aswell as many other requested measurements to raise the server population never happened

and last but not least... if the members of this community would have helped me with all the minor work here then i would have had the time (and motivation) to keep working on the mod to get it 100% stable, initiate a new security system where we would have got rid of the false AV positives, releasing the new DLC (Download Content) and reinitiating the disabled featues (such as the destructable universe or the new planned RP system)

but all that did not happen and i dont see it happen in future... because the members of this community have more excuses than ingame hours or forum posts .

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hi all. I been away for about a year & when i return the whole community seems to have changed from a stable caring community to a community that dont give a rats ass about the community. What i cant understand is that OP has been working his arse off creating CF mods for years & when he asks for some help, no-one seems to have come forward to help him? So as a result of this OP will not fix the CF mod where we all love to play & now it seems as if CF will die & the remaining community will die with it. This is a very sad time indeed. OP i offer my services to help you if you still want the help however my skills are limited but feel free to PM me & we can discuss any possible help i can give. I BEG ALL that have the skills OP requires to help him!! PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE help & give OP the support he deserves. We cant just let CF die after so many great years playing together here.
    Thanks DarthJay

• Hello all

I haven't played any other online game as much as I've played CF... I've even been telling some of my work colleagues to come and join the fun, but the server just continues to crash. It's a shame that Crossfire is going through this :(

OP, if there's anything I can do to help please contact me; I work as a DBA and a Systems Admin... I also worked in software development. I offer my skills to help ...

You can message me or email me ...

Thank You

• I completing what i`m able to do at this moment - I provide PR campaign on russian/ukrainian sites .I do what I can - it`s true. I could place a some links to these sites -
    http://gameguru.ru/pc/games/freelancer/
    http://pc.ogl.ru/game/downloads/freelancer
    http://www.playground.ru/files/2162/
    http://mskd.ru/?id.4702.games.Freelancer#comments

And... many ppl in Russian and Ukraine knows, what is Crossfire, they went here from another servers, russian and many others. I making an issue on the one biggest ukrainian game sourses. Well, I believe that it`s not just a waste of my time and fake for incoming ppl. If you could tell your buddy about this awesome mod, DO IT. IF you have access to gamer`s magazine - inform Freelancer fans abt new Crossfire.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Great work Max:)
    I agree with you day, but my biggest concern is the lack of RP.
    when i join this community about a year ago everytime i enter the server there was a pirate taxing a merc hunting and cops chasing smugglers.
    There were mass batles between ASF and CSF.
    My question is... Where is DC, BG, CFPD,SMG,LP,Fallen and IOC? is tehre any trade routes profitable like sos runs nowadays?
    I see many new events, but the rest of the time where are u guys?

• the mod has been checked for errors by 3 modders meanwhile (just one error has been found and fixed)
    the mod also has been checked in a very detailed long time test where every system, every nebula, every asteroid, every death zone, every station, every planet, every NPC encounter, every offered mission and every ship has been tested under "clean" server conditions (online) with the result that next to a unexplainable problem with sol the mod is working stable
    this got proved by many hours of stable gameplay and a 100% stable singleplayer... next to that the server was scanned over several weeks for memory leaks (none) and errors on the FL console (none)
    everytime somebody told me to check the server i went there to see it running for 3 hours.... 4 hours... 7 hours... maybe even longer
    during the past 2 months i have not done any changes to the server... i did not even log in to it
    so please explain to me why the server should be the problem of this misery

The following screenshot was taken 2 mins ago... just after i logged in the first time since weeks
    as you can see the server is running perfectly for hours, FLhook also is running (dunno what problems you have)
    the only thing missing are active players
    and there i clearly say that Dark_Raven is right, where are the clans? where are the clan leaders btw? The last time i had contact with one of them was 2009 (only exception = RA). RP can not happen under such conditions and the server can not survive without activity .

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well SA are here OP. Small but growing with new prospects every week... Unfortunately i'm broke nowadays so i cannot rent a system for the clan and become one of the full server clans to grow faster and shine a little brighter, but we are here, we help out noobs in need, we participate in events in the Core with the |PX| group, we love 1.81, each of us.

We explore, we defend !

• Fallens fly around too, but I don't think I've ever fought a Fallen for a tax (just an observation)... Still, Drache seems to keep things alive between DCs and Fallens using guns & missiles... :D
    As for us, we hunt when we have a bounty. We just can't do that without the other clans - no one to set the bounties...

Smuggling is fun, but not when there are no active cops around... :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf