LAG!!!!

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• I don't think it's the game, ping here is about 50, and people have even smaller ping than me... Sorry, mate, but I think it's your connection... And the fact you're half the globe away from the server...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• what should i do... move my server to your neighbour?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OP is right. He improved the server so the lag would be reduced, and it has ben reduced!

India doesn't have such great Internet connections... The problem is with your Internet Service Provider.

• Well Im half way around the globe too and I have ZERO problems. Distance is not the issue, connection is.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Yes, USA by Europe should have btw 150 and 200 ping.

But as I heard, India has weak stability connections, same as Philipine and few more zones like that.

One solution would be talking with the ISP to give CF server's IP priority.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• my ping is 99 to 105.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• maybe u should describe them ur probs and let them see if they can solve it?

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• dont believe everything they tell you... if you look close to the pc components you will find "made in china"

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Hellraiser
    what is the isp gonna do?

There are several ways in which your ISP may be able to help:

• Most ISPs have paid, professional, service technicians who speak your native language and who help people to solve computer problems every day. So, no matter what problem you might be having, there is a chance that the ISP might be able to help -- just because it is their job to try to help you.
    • ISPs often set up the equipment in your home or office in an easy and "general pupose" way. But, sometimes, they can help you to "tune" your equipment for lower latency and/or higher performance.
    • Many ISPs have a variety of semi-intelligent filters designed to "shape" traffic by giving some traffic higher priority than others. They may be able to turn off some filter that could be slowing down your connection to the Swat server.
    • None of the above are guaranteed to work -- they are POSSIBLE ways in which your ISP MIGHT be able to help you. The only way to know for sure is to talk with them.

In general, troubleshooting (or "problem solving") is usually a matter of eliminating possibilities until the only thing left is the cause of the problem.

Sometimes suggestions that sound unlikely are just that -- attempts to remove unlikely-but-possible problems from the list of "possible problems" in your troubleshooting effort. Therefore, even though you may think that calling your ISP is unlikely to help, doing it eliminates one of the possible sources of trouble. Does that make sense?

Also check:

• Does Crossfire perform smoothly in SP? Check Crossfire systems as well as vanilla systems. Some systems are more demanding than others.
    • Can you play other Freelancer mods smoothly in MP?
    • If you find a smooth Freelancer server, what is your ping time to that server?

The ping times that you report are not "fast" but they are typical for an international connection. Are they "good enough" for playing a game online? Only you can answer that question, for your specific choice of game and server.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

My game in SP is very smooth CF is the first FL server ive played in
    i will talk to my isp
    thank you for your advice
    how do u get he bullets in your message?

You are welcome, Hellraiser.

If CF is smooth in SP, then that suggests a network issue.

"Network" is everything from your Windows installation to your hardware, to cables, ISP, and the same things on the CF server side. There are many possibilities, but the highest probabilities are on your end of the connection. The second most likely culprit is your ISP.

Either way, your ISP is your best source for help on network issues.

One more test to try: Try another mod with another FL server. Preferably a server with a ping below 100. Below 50 is even better. That test will help to narrow down whether there is something specific about your connection to the Crossfire server causing you trouble, or whether it is a more general problem with Freelancer, your computer, or your ISP.

Edit: To make a bulleted list, use the "List" button above the text box where you enter a message.

For more info about formatting forum messages, Google for "bbcode".

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

lol yeah its all the same
    op is the CF server a normal computer with a hunk of an internet connection or is it a big bad machine?
    btw what is your bandwidth and ISP?

big bad machine

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,