small problem with cf 1.8

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by madbrainii.

• hi guys, i have a slight problem with cf, im running windows 7 64 bits home premium, however it doesnt matter for the problem im having.

for some bizarre reason the freelancer.exe that comes with 1.8 its not extracting to flmm (only file that doesnt), however it says on the CF instaling program thingy that it was extracted 100%. So i end up with 1.0 after everything, its not windows problem because the game runs fine, i just have that problem.

Tried redownloading the file 5 times, and running it as admistrator but i end up the same.

thanks

• please follow "Installation Instructions" in the CF Guide.

did u activate thru FLMM?

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• yes i did problem is, i extracted now the file on a diferent pc and it does indeed extract the exe file, i tried to put on mine but windows just deleted it, said it had possible trojan detected and deleted the file before i can do anything. :C

• Yes, you can deactivate the AV temporarly, or give crossfire download and FLMM a permision of 'exception' of being scanned. Some AVes scann for little parts of possible viruses... and if something has one of the codes, they think it's an possible virus and delete, or warn you about them(if you personalized it to warn you).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I had this same problem a couple of days ago but on a Windows XP machine. I had previously installed, (correctly), and played crossfire. However, a couple of days ago my over-zealous virus scanner decided that the Freelancer.exe was a virus and deleted it. It has done this before, but it always left the freelancer.exe in my mod folder alone and to fix it I would copy that .exe to my FreeLancer folder and I could play again.

This time it got them all. I figured it would be no big deal and I would simply download the lastest version and reopen it (with my virus scanner disabled) and go from there. Thats when I ran in to a big problem. When I ran the executable it unzipped all the files correctly except for Freelancer.exe. Instead, it unzipped a 33 Kb file that I could not copy anywhere (it claimed the disk was write protected). I tried re-installing everything (FLMM, FreeLancer, ect) with no luck. I re-downloaded the file from both the swat portal and modsbd sites, still no luck.

So a couple of related questions: How big is the .exe file supposed to be? All I need is the
    crossfile launcher. Anyone know where I can get that?

And before you ask:
    - I have admin rights on my computer
    - I followed the instructions exactly for re-installation
    - I am running Window XP pro
    - It used to work just fine before the 01-25 version.

Thanks

One last thing: I just re-installed Freelancer just to play this mod, and it was worth it.