giving up

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• it says don,t us download from the 5th for cf1.8 use new version yeh ok where i have looked everywhere can some one tell me where is the latest version please.
    i have formatted the computer twice and cleaned everything out. download everything again to play cf1.8 and get going sure enough it starts again crashing.
    the adrenline gets going and it,s a great mod but this is frustrating
    kermit

• Everytime I download CF 1.8 off the site I
    get 2 hits for a trojan horse Generic 16.ALPM
    I can't clear it, can you?
    jimprin

• What occurs before the crash? Also, what settings did you alter when you activated CF? It refers too the first upload, if you downloaded it now it would be correct. (Date of upload apparently didn't get updated is what I have been thinking, read it somewhere here)

I had crashing problems at first, left most of it as default and screen capture off. I also had too turn on the compatibility mode for lesser graph. cards, of course I had done that the first time anyway.

If we gambled, my money would be on a setting when activating.. which looks like I wouldn't get much of a pay off. :) hehe

Best of wishes for you Kermit, I am sure you will get passed this, it is only a matter of time. (Pretty short time most likely)

------

As for the Trojan issue, try making exceptions for CF maybe?
    Otherwise I would suggest turning of the Res Shield or w/e it is for you for the time. You would then want too reactivate it and make an exception for CF and its folders. I am pretty sure this should end the problem.

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

• Actually, Jim is not wrong here hey, that trojan is actually correct as me and blade got them too just recently. However do understand Jim that if you virus detector detects it as a virus, remember the virus detection is false and your virus scanner will try to heal it which in turn destroys the exe.

This has happened 3 times already though with me OP. Everytime I let the luancher update the exe shows that virus, so are you ABSOLUTELY sure that the virus detection is false? I dont want a pc with no anti-virus active here -_- and I never had this problem, it started just recently since 2 days ago.

Getting kinda tired of re-installing cf lol

• in CF1.81 are 5-6 "possible virus detections".

those files ARENT a virus. the thing is that some of the files contain same lines which are used in some trojans and others. the instalaltion is totally clean.

just enter your antivirus, and put Freelancer and ModManager under "exceptions" ...

• I have had sucess in both Open SP and Normal SP
    until I let it patch itself somwhere in the 200 files range.
    I'm in agreement with Exiler, Anti-virus must run!
    jimprin javascript:smilie('?(')

• Well, now you can download 1.81... :D if you see 1.81 it's the correct version ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• You don't have too turn off your anti-virus in-order too have it allow the files it is calling virus's. Inferno is correct in his instructions, in addition I would just say come too understand your anti-virus program a lot better. The more you understand something, then better you can use it and all that jazz-nass!

Cya in SPACE ACE ACE ACE!

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

• for any1 of u whos downloading create an exeption of the folder u r downloading it in.

n im donloading the mod which was on the site after 5th so is it 1.8 or 1.81 idf i have 1.8 do i have to download again or let the launcer patch

meh.