Crossfire 1.8 Bug fixing

There are 464 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• actually they drop the ammo of those CDs and since the launcher are not available i thought its better not to let them show up anywhere
    however this might be not the best solution due to the item limit per char

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• this weekend ill release the 5th patch which will fix all reported issues

since the systems and all objects related to them are now being tested i have a bit time to do some other tests on the server
    the flserver program appears to have a few problems that i never noticed with CF1.7 (runtime errors which prevent that it can restart)... ill test if there are problems due to updates to dll files by using the cf1.7 version of these files now
    if thats the problem then i might be able to locate file which causes it after some time testing
    maybe its also reason for server crashes (dunno but its worth a try)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Great news :)

I am not one to complain, especially because I am aware that there is a lot of work going into this mod, but I was starting to be worried about the lengthy server downtimes. It was especially frustrating for me because it would crash (and not restart) around the time I wanted to play. ^^ But its giving me the chance to play the Single player campaign again, so its all good. :)

Anyways, its good to know you've discovered the source of the problem.

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• okay, check Tomsk and the wrecks please because I can't get all the turrets from the wrecks for 4 days because the server always crashes

ty..

• hosti

If you used one of the new Cursor sets, thats the problem. The cursor *is* there but its so faint you can hardly see it. I had the same problem at the beginning, and in the end I switched back to the old 1.7 Cursors.

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• thats interesting
    there are modders which would give their right arm to find out how to manipulate the hud in such a way
    but i dont know why it does not work correctly for you... i have not done any changes on it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ Hosti

I had the same exact issue. No recticle but the arrow would show on the command boxes. Pretty difficult to fly without a recticle ;)

It was solved by a clean reinstall and selecting deactivate for "Advanced Shader" and selecting no for " enable screen capture settings" in the "choose mod options" screen in the FL mod manager 1.31

edit- also selected recticle for color blind players

I run the gtx 295 video card. Even with the Advanced shader disabled, the mod still looks brilliant.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• I meanwhile applied the dll changes (version 1.7) to the server files
    so far its running... final results will be shown after a few days

tomorrow evening i want to do another test on the server deactivating ALL encounters (NPCs)
    if the server suddenly is stable then i at least know where to search for the crash problem

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hosti: First i did have that problem too. I made a complete reinstall. First time i activated the shaders, used the OLD (original) cursors, and enabled the screen capture. At the second install I disabled the screen capture, and used the crossfire cursor set, and this cursor problem went away... (Also the shaders were still ON"

And now my problem: I can "see" through the half of the map. For example if there is a station or a jump hole in a rock/ice/smog field, i don't see the field from afar, but I can see the objects.

http://img195.imageshack.us/co…screen2qt.jpg&via=mupload

When I first met Walker, and headed to help Willard research station, i saw that Rheinland ship's attacking Willard station. (I was at planet California minor.)
    Is it a glitch or it should be this way?

• Hi, i have come accross a problem in the Dervon system. I was flying around an Ancient Cap ship with [CFPD]Michael and i suddenly froze completely, the location was around 5D we believe, and every time i try to log into that char now, i freeze on loading data files, and have to quit FL completely. I am told that my char does log in and appear on FL.

I was just flying around it in cruise and have not collected anything as far as i know. The big cap ship has to be the cause i am sure, i hope this helps to stop an issue with it in the future.

I am wondering if it is possible to see if my char can be fixed at all because i spent a lot of time trading to get myself a fighter setup to go trying things. I had put 150 mil on that char and used a lot to get it ready to run. Please if it can be fixed i would be very grateful.

The char name is [CFPD]-Spirit

Thank you and hope this helps.

• Bug: When i start to see the Dimensional Rift... my game CTD...

Bug: the Bretonian Battleship Turret view is kinda bugged....

Bug: Some times (Rarely... really rarely) my game CTD when i go into a Jump gate/Jump hole... and im with 3D Sounds OFF

• Those latest bugs seem to be for a corrupt installation... or settings... or PC's power

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• u are right they are not supposted to dock there
    I assume that you are stuck in the middle of the station now right inside the station core
    ill update the collision detection with the next update and try to find out why suddenly those large ships can dock at these stations

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,