The Current Sittuation

There are 59 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• LMAO Ryder....

I apologise Myric if you thought i was trying to belittle your idea, like i said your ideas are good hell any idea is better then nothing at the moment, and i appreciate you can't think of any ideas for SWAT, but there must be some out there that can and its from those that some input is needed as well as the ideas for the server.

We know what OP expects he wants a busier server where people play by the rules and work our problems out in a civilised adult manor, he also wants us to realise where we went wrong and what we did to fuel or even create some of the problems on CF and SWAT, he also wants people to follow through with there promises, like when people say they will take care of parts of the portal and do it for a couple of weeks maybe a month and don't bother anymore, my feelings are and i haven't been quite on this that is some way we are all!!! to blame for what has happened here, so now we either run away and hide or we stand up take it on the chin and come back fighting, like the saying goes what don't kill us makes us stronger.

Some of you maybe asking why is Slayer back he left us all behind and didn't care back then and why now? well that's quite simple i did things that was way out of character for me and this is where i agree with Myric and the rest of you, i started to live my Avatar my RP character and not me, i didn't stop for a minute and think about the person behind the tag, i also didn't stop to think about the damage i caused to CF and SWAT with my angry rants, yes a lot of this was because of my depression but i can't hide behind that as an excuse i let myself down and what i strongly believed in and i let all of you down to including OP, Now OP could have quite easily banned me and he would have been well within his rights to do so, but no he gave me a chance a chance to prove myself a chance to come to my senses and see where i went wrong, and in my absence i realised this and i also realised what a fare Admin OP really is, because lets face it how many other Admins would have let me or some of you get away with half of what we have done, so getting back to the reason I'm here now trying to help, that's simple i owe you and CF and SWAT and OP my effort and my time to help put right some of what i made wrong, i would ask you all to stop and think for a moment think about that person you dislike and ask yourself is it really worth it, do you want to go down as the people that helped to finish CF or do you want to feel proud that you have contributed to a bigger better portal and server.

Some of you will remember that i had a slight problem with SMG and SMG had a slight problem with me, well i am willing to forgive and forget and i know SMG are so if we can do it all can do it, so lets put all of this crap behind us, lets work together and fight for the survival of CF and SWAT.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• Myric - I do not think that everybody of us has to be aligned to everything here inside SWAT, but OP-R8R was following a purpose.
    FL is an old game, he and many others did their best to keep it running but sooner or later new games are needed. I believe that supporting all the other games as part of SWAT is a way to get new players to this community. After all these years who is still buying Freelancer? But there are people which buy games such as X3 or Jumpgate. These are possible new members of this community. Having information about those games, even if they do not have a multiplayer is a chance that these players will find SWAT when they search for this information.
    This is for the benefit of the whole community and maybe even for the benefit of FL as some of these X3 players could take a look at Freelancer and see that it is not a bad game. I might be wrong with that but other games are in my eyes a logical source of new players.
    Next to that there are active multiplayer games out there. Probably some members of the community even play or intent to play them. What does limit SWAT only to support FL? Nothing.
    Ok there is one thing that limits us. That is our contribution to it. The game information that can be found on SWAT has been created by whom? I assume it was OP-R8R. It can not be that one single man has to contribute to FL (Crossfire) and to all other games while all other members can not do their part to help this community.

This place needs activity, this place needs contribution, there is enough work that everybody could help with.

Originally posted by Myric
    The point is that (at least from my point of view) most of the problem come from the fact players get strongly associated with their avatar and people start expecting the players to have the same characteristic that is expected from the stereotype of the RP they play. The only way I see to prevent that from happening is if the players get to know each other out side of the game or at the very least outside on the role they play.

That is exactly what I was trying to get at earlier. And that is why in my opinion RP is a bit of a problem. People can blame things on it, and act all childish when something happens to them. Seriously though, how is acting like a whiny 5 year old roleplaying?

Huor: I don't expect cops and pirates to work hand in hand, I just want us players to be friends, so that as characters we can shoot each other in good fun, without taking things personally. Like KraKen said, Marauder chased him for a while and they had fun. That is what I want to see from all of us.

Also, whilst I'm (again) on the subject of RP, why is it I get the feeling most mercs are more like "legal" pirates? I never had the chance to have a merc work for us. Maybe the bounty system isn't ideal, in that pirates mostly use that system so that mercs only end up shooting cops or other pirates. :'(

KraKen: How is blaming RP naive? It is exactly because of people who take things personally, and behave like idiots and start flame wars, that end up blaming that on RP... It shouldn't be an excuse.

RP is what keeps the game alive. If people just shot each other for no reason, then we better start playing Unreal Tournament or Counter Strike... This game is far more elaborate for immature people who don't want to RP and when something happens, blame it on the RP.

Also, if anyone else thinks that RP isn't the problem, I'd like to hear it. Maybe we are looking in the wrong direction? And like I said, it's just my opinion. ;)

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• hehe @ Lone - that proves you missed certain in game time. Mercs were mainly working for cops. IOC never worked or would do anything for pirates. PX was mainly (but not only) hired by cops. That being said for mercs are more pirate like^^

And RP is not the only problem ;) There are thousands of others as well.

• I do not know if this is important but where are all the Freelancer discussions?
    There are Freelancer forums but there are no discussions about the games like we had in the past. What happened? Does everybody know everything about the game? Or did the discussions about the game just stopped for no reason?

• My bad Lone, i said it wrong... i meant that its naive to blame rp ONLY, like if rp were a shroud of unaccountability for any1s actions.
    The pint of my thread was leave all RP matters inside the very RP realm, and every issue between players discussed via PM

• Kraken: Ok, in that sense I see what you mean. And I couldn't agree more. Taking RP and RL issues apart is the best we can do.

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• guys do not take me wrong, but only 1 with i can agree is...

exitus acta probat
    The result validates the deeds.

facta non verba
    Deeds, not words (Actions speak louder than words)

mutantur omnia nos et mutamur in illis
    All things change, and we change with them.

so how about to start play at CF once again...i am first one who start to play at other servers (ok in better words 1 one who admit and start to talk about this in public at SFP forum ;) )

com'n guys CF server is almost empty and waiting for us
    [thumb]

hypocrisy can kill?

• As far as RP goes....I think many have had fun with me ....cause I don't take things personally. Maybe its where I grew up and how I was raised....but it seems people have forgotten to have civility. I do have a competative nature, just as all game players do.....why else would we be shooting each other. At times competative nature seems the route of all RP issues. Maybe a few should try and remember that. TBH...I think cause of so many different backgrounds (culture, language etc.) problems are a virtual guarantee...its how we deal with such that matters.
    I have never run a game server, so I really don't have a clue as to what it takes to be OP or any of the guys that have been part of helping him make CF what it is. I don't have any skills that I could contribute other than my playing.
    The idea of promoting (modern) other games does seem to make since as far as making SWAT a central gamestop so to speak. I thik that could be expanded maybe.
    If anyone knows what skills need to be expanded, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to spend spare time trying to help in ahy way I can. Seems there is no quick fix...and I'll be willing to help. Maybe this is a disfunctional family at the momement....but its not a done deal.
    One thing that was said made me think tho....am I the only player that considers my RP enemies as friends?

Edit: On the thought of RP switch....my view was that many look at other clans as having an advantage (grass is always greener) so once a month or every now and again to have a weekend where peoples/clans switched....I realize this probably wouldn't work. 2nd part was to get all new players a chance to try different RP's before they are recruited into clans....maybe this wouldn't be the case either......but that was the thoughts behind the idea.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

Originally posted by Ryder Hook

yes, but 3 better :D

And two of them should be female.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• @ Salomoa, Agreed, time to get back on topic. @ Everyone else, Ok so its agreed that we all need to separate RL from RP, so instead of spending a page and a half talking about it, maybe we should all just start doing it and move on to the other problems at hand.

*Removes his RL self from RP self....head starts spinning, falls off, body suddenly falls apart, soul flys away to an unknown place*....Crap

• I come on this forum most days look see whats going on but most of the time it's just people spaming and it does my head in so i leave.
    But today this post is different you guys seem to be actually talking about doing some thing .
    First-
    So here is my oppinion on what i think should be done to get poeple back here , First you need a perpose some thing that makes you want to come back time after time and enjoy the game.
    You need to get rid of the police all the police and get back to admin they do the policeing no personal name just admin like ( CF Admin ) because the police in most cases belong to clans.
    Second-
    NY this should not be a safe heave for poeple to hide . so the no PVP in NY should go , new guys are protected buy there level 40 or under are not to shot at you know what i mean , if a safe system is needed for them then a starter system should be created for them witch is one way when you leave you cant get back in , this can allso be an Admin system , so it will serve both perposes.
    Third-
    We need wipe all charecters and a fresh start , it should be easey to make money and have some realy profital runs like the sole run used to be , that was a hell of a good run , but you need to make every thing expensive ship are to cheap to buy so a soulforge train would be somthing like 500 million and then the prices would go down for smaller ships this would include fighter then weapons and equipment CM's sheilds and upgrades all need to be looked at.
    Forth-
    Just because you have a lot of cash should mean that you can go out and buy eney ship you like , ships should be based on the level your charecter is , this would stop new poeple from being given money and starting with the best ship Ect' , this would allso mean that guys who whant to start a second charecter have to start from the begining.
    Fifth-
    Missions should more profitable and NPC should drop more loot to compensate for the high prices of equipment.
    Bribes should be more expensive every thing should be more expensive so if you want the best then you have to go out and EARN LOTS OF CASH , lol its not going to be easey but you will have fun doing it.
    Sixth-
    There is a need to open X-3043 for more trade there is a lot of resrtictions there , the roughts to X are owned buy clans , a lot of RP is misssed be cause of this , so i think that clans should think of traders as frends or foe and there should not be eney of this ask before you enter, if you are not then you get killed simple as that , if there are no clan charecters online to stop this then it's a free for all , it would be the same for pirates mercs and so on.
    All this i think would improve RP .

PS-

there are to meny poeple spamming it does not help . if all you whant to do is talk go some where else ,
    then theres this bluddy HANGMAN it does my head in the is CF Freelancer server if you whant HM go some where eles.

• yes there is some good ideas, but we need to now act on those ideas because time is ticking away very fast.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator