Change for bounty hunting

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Raxors.

• I think the bounty hunting needs to be modyfied a bit, if possible and everyone agrees and so on...... (so theres probably no way for that, but still)

Now if there's a bounty set on a char, the mercs hunt him/her down an collect the bounty. Even if they fail to collect it in the first attempt, they just keep respawning till they manage to kill the one with the bounty on his/her head. I propose that when a merc fails to collect the bounty and dies while the attempt, he/she has to wait an hour before he/she can hunt that char again.

Not that i get mad when someone collects my bounty, but it would make that rp bit more interesting. PX then needed to plan their hunt a bit more accurately instead of:
    fly there -> say "defend" -> frag -> if failed, repeat

• Sad but true ;)

Anyway same applies then to us pirates and police as well. But as Diablo already figured out it doesnt matter very much with the tax - in opposite mercs get their money if they have succeeded to kill their enemy - and we pirates in change get dirty-poor if we continue and continue ;)

Originally posted by the black arrow
    I am against that ofc.

Let's try hearing a few off-side objective (as much as possible) opinions

• Well the PX policy is to use multiple pilots to make an easy kill on one player, to gaurantee their payment, so I don't see why Arrow would object.

However if this is something that is being discussed, this also means that pirates and police cannot respawn into their RP either.

It's a one way street and the rules are applied equally.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• well i dunno why everybody insists on equality of the RPs as they are not nearly as the same

• So, yeah, you kill the guy, he respawns and comes at you again. That leads directly to the next question: Why are you still around to give him another chance to get your bounty?

• I agree with mara, also when u leave the RP (fleeing) they call u a pussy.... PX is big enough to handle this rule, this means more tactics, that is RP right... not just brainless tax and shoot or collect, or brainless shoot the one with an bounty!

No Jesus No peace, Know Jesus know peace.

• Why do so many have a problem with running away. Personally I prefer make the bounty hunter work for their bounty. I make them chase me all over the map. I prefer to have a good chase then just a simple fight.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• And if I try to collect a bounty on SMG Diablo (on suggestion) and there is Picard and Simba online too, I attack him and all 3 goes on me, they kill me and I need to wait 1 hour to collect bounty without a fair chance to kill the target?
    Imo. if this new rule really happeneds, then when a merc is trying to get bounty it should be a pvp (1 vs 1)
    And if you selfkill, I have to wait 1 more hour too?

Raxors: nobody's calling you pussy if you flee, who says that? Nowone can ban you your escape when mercenaries are behind you

Diablo: When a pirate, you can tax anywhere and anytime, as a merc only when there is a bounty (arena is exception)

Btw. not so many bounties I see when I am online

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• I always try to make the mercs work for their bounty. That has led to hilarious cases when 3-4 mercs are fighting for half an hour and spending 10 times the amount of the bounty on ammo before someone collects it.

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar

• Arrow got a point, but with the '1 hour rule' lets say it still counts and when you attack the bounty we could say that nobody els gets involved. Or we should do this the old fasion way. But woulnd it be more fun to add some tactics to it, its way more fun that way. And c'mon!. I started a Merc clan and I got 1 member under me. So if someone should complain about this rule then it should be me right. See it as a challange. Its not suppose to be easy ya know.

No Jesus No peace, Know Jesus know peace.

• Despite all your sayings - there is no [size=5]new[/size] rule - and i am pretty sure there wont be a new rule ;)

• @Lucy: Sure, you're right about escaping, but i still want to discuss the main topic.

And if I try to collect a bounty on SMG Diablo (on suggestion) and there is Picard and Simba online too, I attack him and all 3 goes on me, they kill me and I need to wait 1 hour to collect bounty without a fair chance to kill the target?

Exactly! Would a bounty hunter try to arrest his target amiddst his pals?!?! OFC NOT! So if there are 3 pirates and you are alone, you shouldn't even think of attacking them. Instead you go for the bounty, no matter how many deaths it takes you to get it. Isn't it stupid?!

Btw. a pirate has also this 2 hour restriction. Make it 1 hour for mercs, but respawn -> try -> a.s.o. is really brainless and rp killing, even its the simplest way...

I attack him and all 3 goes on me, they kill me and I need to wait 1 hour to collect bounty without a fair chance to kill the target?

Sort of the same thing when Mercs attack 2 and 3 v1 to "ensure" your victory. What fair chance is that to YOUR target to defend?

Whoooooooooooooooooooooops!! Shoe's on the other foot.

This is not the first time this has been entertained as a guideline for RP, however it seems that most do not learn from the past.

If any of you noticed, when suddenly players started crying about "enforcing rules black and white", more problems actually started and more and more rules started being discussed.

So be careful what you ask for, because it may end up being more than you are willing to deal with.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Btw. not so many bounties I see when I am online

Well, most of the bounties I am tempted to set/place are on PXs, and I am not doing that since you guys simply exchange each other's bounties and no other mer'c gets his chance

Originally posted by Gunny
    [QUOTE]
    If any of you noticed, when suddenly players started crying about "enforcing rules black and white", more problems actually started and more and more rules started being discussed.

So be careful what you ask for, because it may end up being more than you are willing to deal with.

If it was about my proposal, I don't want to enforce anything, nor to add this to the written rules. It is more of an appeal for an unwritten but accepted rule to make this part of the rp somewhat more interesting/challenging.

• if faced with multiple advesaries attempting to acquire one bounty, the best plan is to run until you are among friends that can assist. like Lucy said, if u manage to kill your aggressor, why would u stick around long enough to give them another chance? the smart thing is to run and try to connect with friends.

we manage to do this quite successfully until our great plan fell apart and the merc got a lucky shot. the point is, DbrDbr was well protected by many police.

although this "unwritten" rule makes sense to a point, it's my firm belief that the way we conduct RP is sufficient and we need to have better tactics in place to keep us alive long enough to get help or evade the mercs.
    -PipeHitter.

[SIZE=6]

TRAMPLE THE WEAK! HURDLE THE DEAD!

[/SIZE]

• When I enter into an RP situation one-on-one, a personal guideline is generally applied. It is not that different from what was originally proposed here. The practice of having a 20 second RP intro followed by what is essentially continuous PvP until one player gets bored or signs off from the server is unrealistic and, for one who does not like PvP very much, not fun. My personal solution is that if I issue a fine and a pirate kills me, I will try to depart the scene and do something else. On occasions that I refuse to pay a tax and die, or in most other RP situations the same applies. There was a contest of skill and I lost - that's the end of the RP encounter as far as I'm concerned. From there the first opportunity to leave the scene is taken. If this is not possible and I am again killed, F1 is used as a shortcut to someplace else. Things work differently in groups of course, and sometimes I like to go two or three rounds before leaving, but still...

There should not be new rules - the people who play honorably will be recognized by others from their actions (of course, it's all relative - my opportunistic tendencies have come off as dirty and/or cowardly on more than one occasion ^^).

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

Originally posted by oMarauder
    I think the bounty hunting needs to be modyfied a bit,

blah blah

plan their hunt a bit more accurately instead of:
    fly there -> say "defend" -> frag -> if failed, repeat

In the not so recent past - some mercs did not even give you a warning and sometimes you did not know there was a bounty on you..

Saying all that - it may not be bad idea to have a code of conduct for all the different roleplays.

My personal point of view is that a merc should give his target the option to run away - even if 5 mercs are coming together to kill the target -

And this simply means declaring your intentions on system chat when you enter a system or before you undock.

For some reason I find the quick switch, undock and kill not very satisfying and I remember more fondly the long chases and the hunts.

However - in return I would like the cops and pirates to do the same -