SWAT has released a Community bar

There are 33 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• which FL community?
    It were FL site admins which requested this new bar when the TSP one did cause heavy problems to their sites.
    actually we wouldnt devide anything if w0dk4 and his friends wouldnt have start their campaign against SWAT and everything that gets developed here.

SWAT got removed from the old FLCN more than one year ago... we did not experience any disadvantages since that time while the new bar can create real advantages for the communities running it.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• actually here m8
    but plz give huor a bit time to fix a minor issue with the display in IE (he is not 100% happy with it yet)
    it wont take long

as for the installation instructions...
    its the same procedure like on the old bar: putting a few lines to the header of the site and putting the rest of it to the place you want it to be displayed

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• They found a good solution for it imO.

Putting a second Headbar online would make site admins switch from the old one to the new one, where some would stay at the old one which would split the listed Community. Thats what i think.

If all Communities will be listed in the new one aswell, or if it will be an agreed replacement i just got something wrong.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Imo not. Comms that want to use it, can use it. Those that dont - dont ;)

Up to now it offers the same functions as the old bar (nearly as i am going to code the other stuff asap).

Those communities who are not contained in the bar from TSP are somehow excluded from all other communities. Some removed the bar due to their own decision others removed it due to the recent downtimes from TSP.
    The offer with the google as host for the scripts just came too late (imo).

We are not dividing. Those who want to use the old bar can use this. Those who want to "new" bar use this. Its upt to each admin or community what they do. We just offered another service.

• right there will be people using it ... and there will be people which dont want to use it but thats exactly the situation we already in the FL community with the old bar
    there are ppl which use it and there are ppl which dont want to use it

and i doubt that a replacement of the old bar is even possible as w0dk4 and his tsp friends would under no circumstances allow that just for the only reason that the new bar has been developed by us
    not to mention the reason that they use the old bar to bind other communities at TSP which is something we dont do as we dont ask them to register and be active at SWAT in order to get the new bar

but seriously what purpose does the old bar have? what benefits has the old bar?
    Already existing FL players can move from one server to another. Thats it.
    What benefit did your clan have from that bar?
    Did you suddenly have more members because of it? Did you suddenly have more visitors on your site because of it?
    Well i doubt it.

Our new bar can do much more, it offers more possibilities and chances to the sites which use it. I believe the chance to get new players is worth that a few links to other FL sites are missing (and probably only be missing until these sites realize that the new bar is better).

And Huor is right... the fix of the TSP bar came too late since the problems existed for months without that there was even a reaction from TSP. Furthermore the site admins which removed the bar got blamed for that while they actually only tried to protect their own sites.
    If you voice any critics at TSP you either get blamed for something or attacked in a different way or you get the answer "we offer that service and you have to live with it". That doesnt surprise since that site shows not much positive progress anymore. Admins and moderators are leaving or getting inactive lately and the remaining ones complain about not having the time to do any work for the community.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• That was good points ;) thanks for the explanation.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Can you explain what benefits the new bar has that the old one doesn't? To me they are both just bars, so struggle to see the difference.

Regarding the person who questioned if it'll divide the communities, surely competition can be good. People strive to do better. Without it, they get complacent. I'd have thought the evidence about the old bar is example of that. They got complacent, didn't update or listen carefully / quickly enough.

Competition means they'll have to, else their bar will become redundant.

• the benefits are written above in my post

however... w0dk4 critisized out features (and the planned ones) so if he really intents to update his own bar with the same stuff I for sure will remind him and the rest of the community on what he said about our features earlier

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Do you mean this post?

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    Our new bar can do much more, it offers more possibilities and chances to the sites which use it. I believe the chance to get new players is worth that a few links to other FL sites are missing (and probably only be missing until these sites realize that the new bar is better).

I don't see specifics ?(

What I mean is, if theirs and yours are both working perfectly then what features does one offer different to the other? You say it does so much more, just wondering what the more bit is.

• geez... benefits

1. its free... no registration needed... no alignment to a community needed
    2. it allows to include even small FL sites which is not possible on the old bar due to its rules
    3. its more dynamic
    4. no admins that ignore the users
    5. possible support of site descriptions
    6. possible support for communities outside of FL which probably is the biggest benefit for FL sites
    7. better visiual effects
    8. very easy to customize
    9. in future an automatic registration and moderation system
    10. ... and much more that i can not remember right now and some stuff that i dont want to spoil right now

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the new community bar will get released this weekend
    eventhough the code has been finished now i want to make sure that the hosting server offers a maximum of security

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Nice bar ! Will consider to include into my clan page once it is back, but I can't promise anything - Because of the style. I want to keep the old bar, but I will also try if I find a nice way to include swat's bar then.
    url once the server is back.
    www.freelancer-reborn.de/imperium

]Imperium[

• ive registered an additional domain for this feature now that will get used for reading out the data... that will make this stuff even more secure (until the multiserver support gets established) since in case of attacks (eventhough its harder now to do those attacks) i simply can redirect the domain or let it run through a script which automatically redirects it.
    Additionally this allows us better modifications and more secure development of the new versions.

Right now i can only wait until the domain gets finally registered... then we can release it.
    Meanwhile the applied a ddos protection system that we used on the portal page to the entire SWAT Portal including the forum and all sub-areas.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,