E12 error on launch

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• here a full list of Launcher error codes:

have u checked ur i-net? do u run as admin? do u have permission to write into ur CF installation path? do u run vista?

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

Originally posted by DC_Hägar
    [E12] --> trouble while downloading files from update-server (or no right to write into freelancer path)

have u checked ur i-net? do u run as admin? do u have permission to write into ur CF installation path? do u run vista?
    [/QUOTE]

My Internet access seems fine, I run as an admin, I do have write permissions to the CF install path and I'm running Win XP.

It was working a couple of days ago which is why I wondered if it was a server issue.

I Tested my connection to server 82.165.193.103 UDP Ports 2302-2304 via PortQuery and recieved the response "Listening or Filtered" for each (rather than no connection) which suggests that my connection to these UDP ports is okay.

Any other thoughts? It was working just fine a couple of days ago and I haven't touched the install since then.

Wyr.

• please check ur access rights to the FL path. remove any read only attribute from any file and folder in that path, please.

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Ok, I've examined those and all is well. I have set Full Control permissions for all user groups and propogated those permissions to all files and folders. I have ensured that all files are writeable (non read-only).

I'm still getting the error though :-/

Wyr.

• Nope.
    Last week I uninstalled Crossfire and Freelancer in order to move them to a different drive.
    I reinstalled them both again and everything was working just fine, I've played MP with them a couple of times since. However, when I started it up yesterday I received the E12 error and it's been the same ever since. I haven't changed anything since I last used it.

Wyr.

• i suggest to go for a clean install (don't forget to note ur MP-ID) by following the "Installation Instructions" in the CF Guide

i am afraid, but sometimes it is just side effects u never expect to be involved that make things break. and with computers a new install is mostly easier than to find that tiny bit that is broken ;)

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Well I shall give that a go then. I have bypassed the issue at the moment by installing on a different PC in order to get my Crossfire fix :-)

Wyr.

• well i got da same problem [ XP SP3 2GB RAM DualCore 2GHz game instaled on FAT32 and wireless connection to router] have anynone any answers to e12? I tried to copy already patched game from other compuster - stational one i mean BOX (there game is workin perfectly) and on my laptop i got this E12 and if I run da game in single player there is no text in menus and in game, no symbols and so... (thats even in non moded game)

Lone Developer of Siderian Commonwealth for FL: Expanded Universe. Avoid contact if hostile.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. He did not avoided contact with me
    (" )_(" ) Now is kept as hostage . Remember his example.

In battle, one must adhere to one's beliefs

• do a complete reinstall. should resolve the issue.

(\__/)
    [85] [731]

• of system or game?

Lone Developer of Siderian Commonwealth for FL: Expanded Universe. Avoid contact if hostile.

(\__/)

Originally posted by Radowoj Lichtsyn
    of system or game?

Sometimes i'm tempted to say "of brain", but then this little nagging voice inside me tells me i should be nice. So i usually don't.

Sometimes i'm tempted to say "of brain", but then this little nagging voice inside me tells me i should be nice. So i usually don't.

best reply ever on this forum

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• I had problems all over with CF yesterday, couldn't access the forum, the portal didn't load more then the homepage and when I launched CF it would say I didn't have an internet connection.

This all happened after running disk cleaner (standard Win XP cleaner) disk de-fragment program (again normal) and ran a scan which did nothing.. I also cleaned all my history on my internet browser.. such as the cookies and cache, mostly all of it. Then I tried too get on CF too see if this helped my Ping problem and I couldn't get on. The last thing I did I believe was the history cleaning, after that no go on connections with anything CF or SWAT.

Now I am able too get onto the SWAT forum and the CF launcher is now reading my connection and downloading the update(s). I don't think I changed anything too make it work now. Which makes me think it wasn't a problem on my side so much. Too bad I am not a super technical person if I was I would know how too diagnose this all much better. ^^

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

• Just as I was thinking and telling my friend.. I was hoping if it was, then it would be fixed or w/e.

I wonder when (these)(this) hacker(s) will stop their attacks on the FL communities. Maybe when they are all arrested..

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

Originally posted by lucy in the sky

I would also recommend a hard restart of known universe because of the dimensional fracturation (basically between the 12th and 24th dimension as they are presented in most documents concerning the Extended String Theory) due to unknown negative impact from some phenomena described as Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox. It is commonly believed that it causes the gravitational field buffer to overload and the leaks created in the process consists of negative energy clusters of great mass. Those are nothing other than the mysterious entities known as black holes.

Originally posted by I am D
    I wonder when (these)(this) hacker(s) will stop their attacks on the FL communities. Maybe when they are all arrested..

I believe that some guys (h4x0rz) think that Swat is and ordinary asshole But we all know that he is not an ordinary asshole don't we? Maybe what I am going to write is terrible but those kind of people will not let off to the very end... thats sad indeed...

Originally posted by Scott Richards
    the game

I have reinstalled the game couple of times. Also i have copied the workin game from other computer so I assume that there is mistake in REGISTRY. I will make clean reinstalation - by clean reinstalation I mean
    1. Unistalation of FL
    2. Restart of Vindovs
    3. Check da registry for any left "freelancer entries"
    4. Install new game on other partition
    5. Try
    6. Install CF
    7. Try
    8. Come here crying that it do not work even a bit.

I will try to repeat that procedure again sometime tomorrow

(\__/)