CF Balance

There are 40 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Salim.

also would be good if there was a particular sheild thats strong against missiles but weaker against guns

I hope everyone uses one of those ;]

Btw about the weightless space: ok space is weightless but don't forget the ships in there aren't. The bigger the ships the more powerful the engines need to be to propell them. Add more weight and you get your engines deboosted cause they were set for a certain weight of the ship, it gets any heavier and the engines get weaker.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• we spoke so much times about this, that I kinda feel repetitive saying this

Yes, ships seam to be quiet unbalanced, lagg is quiet fast, and the only ship I think it can generally stand against it is Saracen, it would be fun to have other sort of guns (different speeds and fire rates), still is is not a must.

about missiles, yes I think they should be limited to 2 in most of the fighters.

generally the rest is quit good, and people loves it, honestly I still think it is the best pvp in freelancer mods or vannila.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• heeh - if you wanna debate again about how wheightless space can be - then first go test it yourself ^_^. Save up some money, get an underwater fireworks rocket and fire it from the deepest pool you know. That is called a real life simulation and believe it or not, you will get 90% the same results as you would in space.

NASA does the same - thats how they train for space missions, underwater.

Other than that, we must remember CF is a game ^_^, too much realism will make it dull :P - however newton's gravity law in it would be cool :)

• There is no gravity in space, so the term "weight" usually only refers to when a ship is in an environment that does have gravity, or when it is accelerating, decelerating, or changing directions due to the artificial gravitational forces imposed upon the ship through [centrifugal] force.

The Mass of the ship in turn will determine how much the ship "weighs" during a turn or any maneuver. The less Mass, the less weight the engine will have to deal with when accelerating or decelerating. This is why the Patriot does not turn as quickly as the Shroud, even though it has less armor. It has much more mass (physically larger/more surface area), which means that more force than the engine can provide (or whatever actually makes the ship turn...I don't know) would have to be applied to the ship for it to have the same turn radius of the Shroud. So the reason the Lagg turns so damn quickly is because it has very little armor, and very little mass. Is this realaistic? Somewhat, yes. Is it balanced? If it were impossible to kill a Lag with any other fighter in the game with two players of the same skill duking it out, then it would be imbalanced.

Am I even close, or am I just talking out of my ass here?

And in regards to the missiles, yes, I do believe that they should have a much lower limit than 50, say 5 or even 7. I use missiles a lot in PvP, but that is because my aim isn't good enough to finish someone off primarily with guns (2 or 3 missile salvos thrown in) before I get a Sunslayer shoved down my throat.

I admit it is a crutch, but I would love to have my crutch limited (I'm positive it's the same for a lot of other players) so that I may improve with my guns (a lot of that is the fact that I haven't found the right sensitivity for me yet).

**Cue Burro's response**

Crossfire Characters:
    (IOC){Dark_Angel} and any derivatives thereof.

• ROFL ;)

Nah, I wont bore everyone ,as my opinion on missiles is well known :D

OP has already posted his solution for the missile spamming issue. He will change the refire rate so true spamming should not be a problem. Imo, OP's solution is fair to all sides of the issue.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• a magical voice told me in my dreams that the Lagg will get a big nerf in 1.8... which can only mean that his angular speed of 1,58 will be reduced to something lower and that his hitpoints will get fixed -- sometimes a full salv does not do any damage when hit on the front

anyway I think there shouldn't be any VHF with an angular speed higher than 1,44 ... whatcha think, you get the idea behind this?

edit: oh yes and CD cooldown needs to be higher or something... or remove 2 CD slots for every VHF cause CD spamming is getting kinda annoying >_>

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• What would be nice would be if the roleplay license ie Cop, Pirate, Merc and Smuggler - was linked to the sort of ship you could fly.

And then the descriptions of the new ships could somehow link to the roleplay faction.

And if - let's say - somehow one of the ships somehow came better than the others - it would not matter so much as at least three other roleplay factions could not fly it -

Linking equipment to rp factions would even be better!

• you wanna make us like Disco, no thanks.

My wishes :

make much MORE guns with different refire rates.
    lagg must have 4 guns max ffs its too agile for an VHF. It's an LF imo.
    make slower ships....and the more agile must have less guns hardpoints. For e.g. the anubis would have 7 or 8 guns, lagg or shroud should have 3 or 4 only.
    So there will be a balance between guns and the ship's weight.
    as for newtons law lol in space there is no gravity so FAIL
    oh and create more traders too, then the train wont be the lone one :)

Regards
    L'arab

wait wait Marten, maybe she will be MY girlfriend...In night, she could play with my..uhm..my ethernet cables?

-Technically, make out with a girl is like connecting with another PC to win full administrator access ;)
    -LOL
    -So do you want try connecting with me?
    -I dunno is it safe
    -I promise i won't corrupt your files baby
    -OMG MY 0WN3R IS H3R3 G2G L8R
    ....in the meantime
    -What are ya doin' Pintsize?
    -Well i'm busy erm could you leave me a while....i need defragmenting now.

Questionable Content

• Some gravitational pull from planets & suns would be nice... But that`s just me dreamin`...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• i had real fun pvping in 1.6 with guns. Nowadays a pvp is a spam of missiles and CD's, there is skill in it but i tried some of the people in guns only (3 guns ppcs or dkas, no tizonas) and wiped them in a mater of 2-3 minutes, which shouldn't happen with good pilots. So dunno it was much more fun in 1.6, i hope 1.8 improves on that.

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar

• From my oppinion,, everyone wants to get much better in something,, in Gun Fight / Missile Fight etc. So if some of these changes which you want to be in 1.8, then everyone will get good in a Gun fight, everybody will fight with guns... if there will be really less ammo in 1.8 ,, at least not too low cause some of the ppl had been fighting with missiles from years and they want to get better.(as I am one of them, I am not so good with guns but, I manage with them as well).So.. think about all of these people who wants to get improved in something.^^

Originally posted by DC_Crysis
    From my oppinion,, everyone wants to get much better in something,, in Gun Fight / Missile Fight etc. So if some of these changes which you want to be in 1.8, then everyone will get good in a Gun fight, everybody will fight with guns... if there will be really less ammo in 1.8 ,, at least not too low cause some of the ppl had been fighting with missiles from years and they want to get better.(as I am one of them, I am not so good with guns but, I manage with them as well).So.. think about all of these people who wants to get improved in something.^^

I agree with you, Crysis, that there shouldn't be any changes about guns/missiles (except maybe improving torps usage), but that doesnt change the fact that you gave a lame agruement ;)

• Honestly there is not much to improve once you have a lagg with the usual setup (1 para, 2 missiles, 4 guns and the rest). The advantage of missiles is that they follow their target - gun shots dont have this abillity. Well you need the perfect release time for your missiles - but you've got much more time to do this else with gun shots. With Gun shots you have much more to do than just with missiles. Thats a fact. And CDs or no CDs - i recognize that they mostly dont work the way they should, either they are rotating around the target, miss it totally, or dont destroy the missiles - thats the way it goes^^

If you want more balance - what about to choose several ships instead everyone flying this crappy lagg? There are plenty of ships available but nearly everyone has this damn lagg. Sure that there is no balance if everyone has the same - even the equipment is the same. I think Ships should be only available for several factions. So not all can fly the same ships. That would bring much more balance. Tho every faction would need good ships that are balanced to each other - but dont have the same stats. So one with more hull but not so agile the other one more agil but not so much firepower etc pp...

And finally its up to the players themselves to balance the game play... A start would to sell this lagg --- so any objections?

• +1 Huor mate.... It's really not so fun to see everyone with the same ship, in 1.8 .. there could be a few ships same in amm.. " strenght " to call it, but different in desing of course... and the true balance from my oppinion is... Not to make the Guns in better usage or the missiles in better usage in 1.8, they needs to be at the same level , so the person would choose with which one of them wants to get improved. That's called Balance for me, Guns and Missiles at the same level.^^

@ Diablo.. yeah... the torps are very slow,, perhaps some changes on them should be good^^

• Hope not to flame here - but this is a good discussion.

We know the stats for ships do change - we can remember the bugged and banned Kossac, the impregnated Karak and the on/off is it/ is it not banned Predator.

The VHF in Freelancer are the Titan, Eagle and Sabre (those that can take level 4x10 guns)

Even then - Eagle became a favourite for pvp in online mods as many people know, maneuverability is more important than armour.

Or - the calculation that offsets increases in armour against increased turning rate - was an issue even in Vanilla Freelancer - for pvp.

One of my ambitions remaining in CF is to go around and take a pic of all the different ships - which should be easier to do nowadays as the excellent Kerm has negotiated some good relations with other clans.

However, my dream of having a diverse and rich use of ships on the server is still a way off.....

Looking forward to changes in 1.8

One idea may be to ditch paralyse missiles and paralyse mines.

• a bit

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• you and your pink color,, Belive me Spiks,, Pink Color is for girls :D