Crossfire 1.9 Features

There are 137 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• tried it - ppl didnt like it and complained - changed it to its current state

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by Bullwinkle

[SCHILD=14]Nicely said, TBird![/SCHILD]

I think you just summed up, in one sentence, why there are 100 times more single players than multi-players.

singleplayer wouldnt exist without the multiplayer
    this mod wouldnt exist without the multiplayer
    multiplayer comes first because its keeping alive this mod, the ppl from the singleplayer have not contributed anything to this project (sorry but thats the truth)

but yes agreed there are more singleplayers than multiplayers but that makes my previous statement even more important

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• word

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• hard to fix something that is not even supported by the game engine

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• at least no bad point... remind me on that when i start working on the next CF version

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yep
    and
    yep

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i kind of got to like the explosions damaging ships.... afterall theres a ton of ordinance and fuel exploding,theres bound to be some damage from that if ure close enough

as about the capital ships,ill be more than happy to flood you with my rediculous and crazy ideas if ure interested, always happy to contribute to something i like :P
    im sure you thought of most of this already but ill say it anyway.....

my base idea was to "basically" make them 10x-20x stronger (with shielding massive enough to simply ignore a certain number of normal fighters shooting it) and their weapons extremely slow, either in flight speed,tracking speed or both
    possibly make the guns fire missiles with low tracking and speed
    at the same time bombers would need to recieve ability to fit similar guns or get a boost on torpedoes (equally slow so they wouldnt hit fighters)
    one concern with this approach is not to blow off all weapons from the capship when a first torp breaches the shield, so either low blast radius (directional explosives?) or boost the capital weapon/equip HP

im sure i missed a few points and if ure not interested in hearing it ill just shut up :P
    but feel free to catch me ingame if you want to talk to me about it

When you reach the end of your journey,the only thing that really matters is the journey itself. -Taoist saying

• cool down spiky
    i just answered a question
    it is possible but it does not mean that i will do it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is it possible to stop Spiky's all-arround complains ? :D

Could 1.9 have a sort of instantanious teleporting devices (like the cloaking one) of the ship to another place in the universe... as moderators/admins can ? ^^ But only useable once at an hour or similar :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Admins get to teleport around? That would explain a certain Hamburg encounter I had. :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Well, atm only from stations to stations as it's easyer.(not in middle of space ot another space location).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• how is what I said a complaint - what Hellraiser suggested is unacceptable and doesn't even make sence, I am a FL veteran and hardcore PvPer, I can assure you to 200% that I certainly know more about the PvP technical stuff than 99% of the people here

and I only mentioned that changing it would be stupid I'm aware that the 'yep' referred to the question

so ya'll can kiss my golden butt and I will stfu now and you may proceed to destroying the 'good old' FL PvP

troll out
    sorry forgot to add cynic, hater and seriousface

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

Originally posted by Michael
    Is it possible to stop Spiky's all-arround complains ? :D

yes - but you have to call his real name to work this magic

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

my base idea was to "basically" make them 10x-20x stronger (with shielding massive enough to simply ignore a certain number of normal fighters shooting it) and their weapons extremely slow, either in flight speed,tracking speed or both possibly make the guns fire missiles with low tracking and speed

I agree with that, as long as they are 10x-10x more expensive.

atm all the "equal" ships have similar or outright identical stats

They are specialized enough, go online in 6 months and 90% of the server will be using the same ship for pvp.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• OK!
    No reduction of explosion damage.
    But it IS annoying.
    Is it possible to make bigger cap ships with hangars?
    They could go and buy a limited no of fighters.
    The fighters will now work on the same settings as the NPC and the surviving fighters could land back on the ship. The damage repair of the surviving companions is the responsibility of the owner of the cap ship.
    Also the weapons load-out is to be done by the owner(he has to buy the weps first).
    kind of like the NPC companion system in in Flak88 mod.
    Obviously it should not be allowed in pvp(or maybe it could be but with some disadvantages).

I was thinking that people could land on the cap ships buy weps on it.
    The weps to be sold is purely the wish of the owner but he has to buy them first.
    Also the the weps should be old at a price which benifits the owner but also to a limit(now think....u could bring lvl10 weps from the inner core systems and sell them in sirius or altair).
    Just an idea.
    I know it looks crap.

meh.