Crossfire Mod 1.7 Client Version

There are 62 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hamilton344.

• I have installed this patch but for some reason i can't see my cursor and that means i can't go in to bars or take jobs or do anything...
    The patch seems to go fine when i enter the game but when i try ti activate it in my Mod Manager i get this error:

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01B\m01b_11.thn.flmmbak' to 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01B\m01b_11.thn'

• If you have an AV program, its very likely caused by the AV program thinking its a Trojan and quarantined it. Check your quarantined files and make sure to restore it, and whitelist/exclude it, then try activating it again.

• Well i got it to work eventually but now i got i bigger problem..
    When i jump between systems my game freezes i get a blue windows screen with some errors i cant read because i dont have time and my com restarts...

• deactivate 3d sound - in the main audio options menu

• Ok i will try..
    But now that i have instaled this patch and destroyd my nav-map with it how can i acces the sistems that this patch provided in single player mode whit one of my saves?

• ahm - what?
    Can you be a bit more specific please...

BTW: old savegames wont work with Crossfire.

• You are kidding me right?
    I have been playing for 5 years now and in this time i searcht every corner and turnd every stone in the serious sistem and finished this game dozens of times and they ask me to do it all over again?
    Surely you just...
    There is no way in hell i will do it all again for a couple of planets with no real story....
    Anyway, thanks for the help and i will see you all again when Freelancer 2 comes into horizon.
    PS: when i said that "my nav-map hve been destroyd" i meant that because of this patch half of it has been deleted along with the jump holes, planets and stations (not entirely deleted but they are not discovered and i have to discover them again).

• I've played FL for two years, all in all, and i pretty much have the vanilla systems memorized. Besides, there's about a zillion websites where you find maps.
    Btw, if you're waiting for FL 2 you probably have to wait a very long time, from what i know.

• Not that long actually, however it's name will be Crossfire 1.8 :D.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• well you must not totally remove them if you wish to save them then pack them to a zip file and put it to your backup folder...

And no I am not kidding - that i leave for others^^

• im confused
    ... which empty planets?
    how could the patch destroy nav maps (nothing gets removed in CF) not to mention that the CF patches are pure launcher patches and dont change a single byte on Freelancer or savegames

im even more confused about the 5 years you needed to explore vanilla FL (which is not really big)

but here is a small explaination why you should delete the savegames if you play big mods (every big mod that introduces new factions)
    gamedata is stored in your savegames... if you use the old ones you play with old gamedata and risk that parts of the mod dont get loaded since your savegame does not even know that such parts of your mod do even exist
    -> Ergo: start a new game and remove the restart.fl from your savegame folder

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by ComisarSS
    There is no way in hell i will do it all again for a couple of planets with no real story....

CF 1.7 has a story, 3 to be honest. New Rumors, Ships, many Infocards included new Factions and so on - it´s pretty well expanding the Vanilla Universe through new Storylines, it´s not changing it.

You seems to be a hardcore FL Player - if you love the Game and want to have it expanded - well CF is what you are searching for.

Anyway if you don´t want to explore a new connected Galaxy, follow new Storylines, found new Wrecks with new but balanced Weapons and Datadisks which ar telling you the Stories in partly complete hostile Space with Alien Races connected to the FL Story or just expand your view and get addicted like many other Hardcore Players around - this might be not your Game (where CF1.8 could become Freelancer 2 probably) - because it´s too hard, i see ^^

Click the image above to visit us.

... which empty planets?
    how could the patch destroy nav maps (nothing gets removed in CF) not to mention that the CF patches are pure launcher patches and dont change a single byte on Freelancer or savegames

Well it did..probably because of the old grafics or because of the connection between new sistems and old sistems, for whatever reson it did.

im even more confused about the 5 years you needed to explore vanilla FL (which is not really big)

Well i haven't played every minute for 5 years freelancer and no, freelancer is not my main game and i dont remember the exact moment i was through with it (the map).
    But to anwser your question, no, i am not a complete moron to need 5 years to discover the entire map, nevertheless is a task i won't undertake to soon.
    I am sure you just you needed 5 minutes to descover it all...
    I am truly impressed...

CF 1.7 has a story, 3 to be honest. New Rumors, Ships, many Infocards included new Factions and so on - it´s pretty well expanding the Vanilla Universe through new Storylines, it´s not changing it.

You seems to be a hardcore FL Player - if you love the Game and want to have it expanded - well CF is what you are searching for.

Anyway if you don´t want to explore a new connected Galaxy, follow new Storylines, found new Wrecks with new but balanced Weapons and Datadisks which ar telling you the Stories in partly complete hostile Space with Alien Races connected to the FL Story or just expand your view and get addicted like many other Hardcore Players around - this might be not your Game (where CF1.8 could become Freelancer 2 probably) - because it´s too hard, i see ^^

To be honest i just finished the game again 48 hours ago and the ideea of playng the story again is not very appealing despite Juni's cleavage..maybe in a a couple of weeks i will (if a fallout 3 dcl pack doesn't keep me busy) because i have to admit this mood is intreaging.

As for freelancer 2.....despite the sequel petition (20204 signatures, 500 are mine ;) ) unfortunly i don't think we will be seeing it anytime soon...

this might be not your Game (where CF1.8 could become Freelancer 2 probably) - because it´s too hard, i see ^^

Hehehe
    [666] Is that a challenge sir?

• yeah Captain you got it! :D

I was referring to InGame Stories, you will not find them together with Juni (which is a shame ;) ) but you have to search for it - listen to the rumors and don´t give up because of some tasks or silly NavMaps - start to have pure fun instead ;)

Did i even told that you can play those storylines together with friends in Multiplayer - just if you want to have it the easy and/or very funny way? ^^

Click the image above to visit us.

• technically it is impossible that crossfire does remove vanilla content, nav maps or anything else
    everything vanilla FL related is still in crossfire and all the information are stored in your savegames (which should be still the same since crossfire is not able to do changes there)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ive never experienced any problems with nav maps, or missing content, and ive been using the mod since version 1.53...ive even been able to use my old saves after installing CF, with no problems at all.

• All of you are right...[103] i have many saves but i chosed a prehistoric one.
    The nav-map is complete.
    I apologise.
    Since i have nothing to play i will play it again but before i do i just have a couple of questions if is not an inconvenience.

Do i have to play Crossfire single player entire campaign to get to the new stuff?

If some of the new content has kick it in with the old saves (coalition weapons,Dom'Kavosh ships in Omicrom Alpha, etc) why can't i get in these new sistems?

To get a better ship then my Titan i will have to wait through countless new missions?

If my 3D sound worked fine before the patch install why do i have these problems with it now?

And finally, what the hell is this green sims crap doing on my ship?

http://www.netdrive.ws/155761.html

Originally posted by ComisarSS
    If my 3D sound worked fine before the patch install why do i have these problems with it now?

And finally, what the hell is this green sims crap doing on my ship?

3d sound should work, and that green thingy is a license for multiplayer roleplay purposes

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

Originally posted by magnet

3d sound should work, and that green thingy is a license for multiplayer roleplay purposes

It works in a matter of speaking it just crashes my com end forces it to reboot....

Can i get rid of it?
    It doesn't look very nice...