Singularity bomb concept

There are 82 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kregoth.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    if really neccessary clan systems can get excluded

Why?

:)

If you know that something is able to hit you ;) - imO it would make a realy good additional RP :) even with the one week not usable option.

Click the image above to visit us.

• good - i just leave open some options

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    yeah right - that would mean to waste about 500billion$

who cares about money? we can always ask government for a bailout... *looks at spikys signature* :D

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Bunny thinks Ed is not as cool as him

• From what I've seen on scientific TV channels (I assume you all know them :D ), a black hole is a gravitation field. In fact, there is one tiny little dot in the middle of what we call "the black hole" which is the singilarity itself, and, if matter reaches that point, it is being... TELEPORTED TO NOWHERE, as I said before. That means, it dissapears, just like that ! There's no exiting point of the black hole... Or even if it is, as you said, there will be only one tiny molecule representing what got inside the hole, but, it will be pure energy ffs X( .

It is not a Stargate/Atlantis wormhole, it is not a FarScape wormhole, it is not a HaHaLookHowBigMyImaginationCanBe wormhole =)) .

The black hole is the END OF EXISTENCE for everything that falls in it ! At least, until NASA builds a star ship fast enough to reach the closest black hole (which is in Andromeda or Pegasus galaxy, I can't recall right now - far far away anyway =)) ), and gets a pilot brave enough to die for the cause that he knows he cannot transmit any radio waves after what he entered the black hole, so, his mission was useless, so was his death, and, NASA gets punk'd, `coz the pilot died and the company couldn't receive any informations regarding the black hole. HAHA ! =)) =)) =))
    <<<attempt to link every story event with the other one =)) fail I guess, `coz I cannot formulate the proper English at this hour of day :D>>>

Now, about the singularity bomb in CF... It should be called "Black Hole Weapon", just like that. You don't fire just the singularity, you fire an EM (Electro-Magnetic) bomb powerful enough to disrupt the space-time continuum. In the end, the black hole itself will be created.

You say 1/4 parts needed to build ONE black hole will cost 1 billion credits?! That means you have to spend 4 billion credits for the parts, then, I guess, another 1 billion credits to link all parts together (like it wasn't enough I spent 4 BILLION on the parts =)) ). Maybe you can tight all up together to a price of 1 bilion credits, so you just buy AMMO for the launcher, and the launcher will be the same you use to launch torpedos :D :D :D . Anyway, that's your decision afterall, but don't make it too expensive so only Vyssoksy (hope I spelled it right; if not, sorry :D ) can blow up X-3043 and we'll have no chance to revenge, `coz it's too expensive =)) .

So, if you shoot a black hole (cannot shoot a black hole in reality I guess, even if we would have the technology. You can't just throw it away rofl =)) ) to a sun, the sun GOES OFFLINE (turns off), all its radiation and whatever was inside it expand so much that it reaches every point of the system (just like in the "Freelancer - extended intro" which you can watch on YouTube). See? Use Microsoft's immagination ! See what those Nomads did (how the sun blow-up happened, not the bomb itself lol) and see if you can do that :D .

If you can implement all these in CF 1.8, I bet we'll have 200/200 players. Which will struggle to get ONE black hole weapon, so they can test it on a system, don't care what system it is, and blow it up for an entire whole week which btw is a pretty long time... I thought it will be all "repaired" after a server restart, just like the loots etc.

:D :D :D :D ENORMOUSLY HUGE LONG POST ! SORRY ! :D

• Going back to the original post - will somebody be keeping tabs on the use of this weapon to make sure that its use is being detered by the high cost (that is, to make sure that a few billion is actually keeping clans from using these frequently)? I suppose more important of a question - is a system permamently destroyed after firing such a weapon? This could get very interesting, but I fear the consequences of anonymous destruction of clansystems, systems vital to the CF storyline, those linking sectors or containing certain ships or ship upgrades, ect. possibly leading to very vehement conflict... The action would be good serverside, but there might also be quite a deal of disgruntled posting on the forum. Of course, maybe this is just me worrying too much. I tend to do that. Hopefully everything will be fine. xD

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• thats why i said id like to keep open some options
    and no - the closest blackhole is in our own galaxy
    and no - matter does not disappear or get teleported to nowhere
    about the only physical law that really exists and can not be broken or manipulated is that nothing in the universe disappears
    the blackhole simply grows and also has an output of energy breams

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Meaning ? The blackhole consumes the mass/whatever it bites and adds it to it's own size, like putting snow in your hand then more then shape it and put more snow, eventually getting a bigger snowball or whatever you shape it in :). (I hope someone understands the analogies lol).

Live another day

(\__/)

• bombs for 4 bil.... hmmm
    or for 25 bil the whole CF (i could afford hehe)
    and where is my requested real big battlestar for 5 bil??

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------

Originally posted by Jack Bauer
    Meaning ? The blackhole consumes the mass/whatever it bites and adds it to it's own size, like putting snow in your hand then more then shape it and put more snow, eventually getting a bigger snowball or whatever you shape it in :). (I hope someone understands the analogies lol).

with the only difference that a blackhole does not really grow... it consumes mass and energy but due to raising gravity the preasure should raise proportional to the energy/mass input

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• But the event horizon does grow. So the observable manifestation of the black hole will grow if the mass is increased.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

In multiplayer this bomb will cost you about 3-4 billion $. You will have to buy several parts of that bomb and once you have them all this bomb will be build from those parts (haegar has developed such a feature for CF1.. Each part will cost a billion$.

This seems to require some adjustment to the storage capacity of a single character, no? Currently, there is a limit of how much value can be assigned to a single character without corrupting it; $2 billion in cash + some unknown value in stored equipment. I know that players have lost stores with only 75 PPC's loaded in the hold (less than $100million in value), which is way less than the 255 stored object limit of the game engine. Until now, the most expensive object that could be purchased (or redeemed) in the game has been $9,999,999; does this mean that the cash/storage limits will now be raised, or is it a special exception for this one system?

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• special for this one
    eventhough i have been thinking about increasing the prize for battleships

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @CA: I think OP is presenting this bomb as a multi-component item, the individual pieces being 2B perhaps... forcing the player to get a part, then trade to get another part, ect. Edit: nvm, he posted first xD

@Hole Discussers in General: From what I've heard a black hole is not even a hole, but rather a tremendous amount of mass compacted into an area smaller than that of a neutron star. It's gravity is so great that it appears to be somehow different, but rather it is just so powerful as to draw in things like light in addition or bits of debris, gas, ect. If more mass gets drawn in to a black hole, the mass of the black hole itself increases (as it comes to rest and is compacted onto the surface of the object). Or at least so says the astronomy professor here at the local college - might be wrong. O.o

• Personally we all know who discovered The black hole. It was not a normal human being it was an overly genius scientist who used his telescope. All the scientists's jaws dropped open at the image and then the Hubble space telescope was made. It brought back more and better images of our universe out there and MORE universes other than ours. Among all these pictures there was Black Holes. Guess who named em. Scientists. Guess who made THEORIES on them. Scientists!!! and Guess who is believing every single word that comes out of scientists. Us people who aren't scientists.

If a scientist told you that the sun will die in 5 billion years, you will believe it cause you wont care. but if something goes wrong with the sun somehow and then someone else says the sun will actually blow up in 5 years, you wont believe him. So In truth you cant debate what the so called black hole is and what it does.

No human being has ever come close to a black hole, we have only seen what it is capable of and our eyes only goes as far as outside the black hole. we cannot see into it and thus you cannot say that matter gets destroyed, it isnt a worm hole or is or the fact that it just tightly compacts everything for all time.

The only way humanity will ever know for sure what a black hole does is when someone volunteers to risk their life, go into it and see if he comes back alive some way. I doubt that is possible though because a black hole's gravitational field is extremely powerfull so his ship would be destroyed while being pulled to the centre.

anyways back to the matter at hand I hope that my post above will stop any black hole debates in this thread, make a new one this one is for discussing options for OP's brilliant plan and REMEMBER - It's a game! Too much reality breaks a game.

SOOO heres my 2 cents for your idea. I was thinking what would happen if 2 black holes are close to each other. Would they consume each other? would they die out for no reason or would they create a massive chain reaction and cause a gravitational collapse reversed compressing space? ^_^ (in other words everything pulls in instantly and ....wait for it......BIG BANG!)

Thinking outside of the box here btw :)

Originally posted by Centaurian

This seems to require some adjustment to the storage capacity of a single character, no? Currently, there is a limit of how much value can be assigned to a single character without corrupting it; $2 billion in cash + some unknown value in stored equipment. I know that players have lost stores with only 75 PPC's loaded in the hold (less than $100million in value), which is way less than the 255 stored object limit of the game engine. Until now, the most expensive object that could be purchased (or redeemed) in the game has been $9,999,999; does this mean that the cash/storage limits will now be raised, or is it a special exception for this one system?

You know, if you divide all prices and earnings by, let's say, 100, you can easily make really expensive stuff cos credits are more valuable...

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• thats an interesting theory

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Called deflation, magnet mentioned this not the first time - and realy it´s a good idea if i remember how much work it was to get the credits for an eagle. Where 100 could be slightly extrem :D

The 10 Mil. for the Shield Upgrade would make you trading for days ;) and hey 100.000 credits for a frag would bankrupt Chars very soon aswell.

But you would have to rethink the Price of the bomb, just have a look to the stats of vanilla communities having a lvl 80 Char over there means you are realy rich.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Whatever a black hole is, no one can say for sure. I saw on TV that the closest black hole is in Andromeda or Pegasus, not in Milky Way. Anyway... let's hope it doesn't get too close to our solar system :D .

Jack's explanation was the best... kinda. I've heard this idea of growth black holes, but I never beleived it. Even if it does grow, the singularity itself cannot grow, it's like you say a pixel is growing =)) . Only the evenhorizon grows (or space-time continuum if I'm not wrong). And, if the evenhorizon grows, the risk of getting absorbed into the singularity grows as well... So, it's like the singularity grows, `coz once you're sucked in, you cannot exit... unless you have some warp 10 reactors or some hyperspace-window device =)) .

Now, about the concept... Perhaps you can lower the price of the bomb... And make it AMMO. I mean, you can launch it with any Torpedo Launcher, but you need AMMO (1 torpedo = 1 black hole), and this ammo will cost... let's say 500 milions (1 bil each part = 4 bil in total :O ). And, once a system is destroyed, you CAN enter it, but the radiations level are so high that your Lagg will be "shot down" in less than 30 seconds :P . Don't make a system unavailable for a week :( . At least, one day, if the high radiation idea doesn't sound good :D .

[--------------------]

I was hoping that you would never think about raising prices for items in 1.8 :D . Hope you forget that =)) .

Originally posted by Daywalker and hey 100.000 credits for a frag would bankrupt Chars very soon aswell.

Unless you use guns :D

Who knows if you're accurate enough and not CD spamming enough you might actually get + on the cash rofl.

About the singularity bomb - do we really need it ? I mean come on, one uber-killer small thingy that messes up heads, might be supremely expensive, and quite honestly, might not live up to anyone's expectations...
    If you want it that bad, make it so that it consumes the 1.8 universe rofl.

Live another day

(\__/)

• Well, if it doesn't have shields I honestly look forward to hitting one with a CD and imagining the expression on the pilot's face. ^^