Ship Log

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• Date/Time:
    Thu, Feb. 26. 2009. 20:10 EST (Eve Standart Time)

Current Location:
    Station: Mirilene IV - Moon 1- Federal Navy Logistic Support
    Solarsystem: Mirilene, Security Level: 0.8
    Constellation: Ambrye
    Region: Sinq Laison
    Empire: Gallente Federation

I`m starting, and hopefully am keeping up, this log to monitor my progress & development in the EVE universe. I also hope that this log will help other people get a fair idea what the EVE universe is all about and perhaps inspire to try this game.

At the moment I am doing missions for my Level 3, quality -16 agent, Amarulyn Cairnoirese, from the Federal Navy Command division. I`m very close to get my standing with the Federal Navy high enough, to be able to take jobs from a Level 3, quality 18 agent, named Befstey Bourd, who has his HQ in the Pucherie system. The money from the missions is also good, but the real cash comes from the bounty prizes, which i collect by killing the pirates in those missions. And of course you can`t forget all the loot & salvage from their shipwrecks. My last mission got me about 15 million ISK in loot & salvage alone! Include bounty prizes, mission rewards & you got about 20 million. I`m currently flying a Myrmidon class Battlecruiser. I`ve fitted it with an passive/active armor tank. I swap active armor hardeners specifically for each mission. As armaments i use 5 250mm Raiguns, loaded with Iridium or Antimatter charges. I swap charges accordingly to the distance of my enemies. And as mostly any Gallente pilot i use drones... I combo them. I use 2 Ogre I, 2 Hammerhead I & 1 Hobgoblin I drone. All my fittings are recommended by my corp`s CEO, Lord Ozu. Currently i am boosting my drone skills, so i can use Light Tech 2 Scout Drones & a Drone Link Augmentor, with which i`ll be able to command my drones at a greater range. I allways liked to stay out of harms way & let others do the dirty work.

When mission running has gotten too boring for me & i wish just to sit around quietly, but still make a bit of ISK, i undust my big and sexy Hulk, and go mining. Tritanium is allways in constant demand & prices are not too shabby aswell. I still have a skill to train for my mining: Mining Upgrades. I need that skill at level 4, but i`m at level 3. Training it to level 4 would take me about 4 days. Before my drone training i boosted my Ice Harvesting skill. Ozu, aka Doppelganger, had planned for me to move into nullsec (0.0 Security), together with the rest of the corporation, for ice harvesting. According to him i can make about 15-20 mil per hour. Include the bounty prizes from belt rats & that number goes up to 20-25 mil.

My current wallet`s balance is 400 million ISK. I plan to buy myself a Mackinaw class Exhumer, which is more suited for Ice Harvesting. But for the moment i just want to raise my funds enough, so i have enough spare ISK even after i buy my next PLEX (Pilot`s License Extension) in about 22 days.

--- End Entry ---

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Date/Time:
    Mon, Mar. 2. 2009. 12:26 EST

Current Location:
    Station: Pucherie VI - Moon 11- Federation Navy Testing Facilities
    Solarsystem: Pucherie, Security Level: 0.8
    Constellation: Ambrye

Well - i`m in Pucherie now, but i don`t think i`ll be staying too long. I`m raising a social skill at the moment. It`s called ''Conections'' It gives me a 4% boost to my agent`s, his corporations & factions standing. If i`ll get it to lvl 2 i`ll be able to access my first lvl 4 agent. But the fact that i can access a lvl 4 agent doesn`t necessarily mean i can survive a lvl 4 mission. I might have the skills necessary for a Battleship & Large Hybrid Turrets, but i can only fit the same Armor tank on it as on my Myrm. For lvl 4`s i`ll definately need a Tech 2 Armor tank. which means another week of training... and i still haven`t finished my drone training!

I kinda like it in Pucherie... Nice, quiet dead-end system... My agent Besftey Bourd (who, apparently, is a ''SHE'') sends me to missions only in hisec space... and the furthest she sent me was 3 jumps away from my current home. I recently got my friend Raventis (aka Raven) into piloting. He chose his career as Engineer, but as a start he`ll be better off running missions. I introduced him to the rest of my corp and it didn`t need a lot of work. Ozu allready knows him. Whenever he can - Raventis sticks around CCI Public channel and gets a lot of advice on how to develop his growth in the wide universe of EVE where anything can happen...

Speaking of anything happening - my most recent mission gave me a bit of surprise. Yesterday I was sent to destroy a monument in Caretyn, that was left as a reminder of the Gallente-Caldari war. Usually the Federal Navy accepted Caldari pilgrimages there, but due to recent events, my agent doesn`t want to discuss, any Caldari so deep in Federation territory is just crying for terrorism... Or so she says. On my way there i was told that i might be facing some Caldari ships there and if i do - i was not allowed to leave any witnesses, and keep this mission very secret. Nice - I allways liked collecting Amarr & Caldari dogtags. They fetch a nice price, here in the Federation. But this time it wasn`t the case. I got to the monument, but there were no ships. ''What a bummer...'' i thought & blew every structure there into pieces. Just as i was done watching the lightshow of the explosions I recieved this message from a Gallente Police Officer on my NeoCom: ''You there! Power down you ship and prepare to be boarded! You are being charged for destroying public property.'' I was furious! Befstey, most likely, knew what i was going to run into, but she sent me into this mess anyway! Nevertheless i followed her orders & destroyed the ships. I left no witnesses. I flew back to Pucherie, landed on the station charged into Beftstey`s office & slammed the door behind me. I demanded an explanation but she wouldn`t give me one! Still - i finished the mission. I told her that after what happened & due to the secrecy i expect a big reward, but she just said that i`ll recieve what she`d promised & not an ISK more... Just great! Even more enraged i was about to leave the office when she offered me another mission. One where i really could let off some steam. Blow up an Angel Cartel outpost nearby & kill any ships i encounter. Just what i needed. I accepted the mission & was done after about an hour. After turning in the mission & salvaging the wrecks i just went to my quarters & had a few Congnac & Quafe coctails, to knock me into sleep.

My Homepage

(\__/)

Originally posted by RogueJet

I kinda like it in Pucherie... Nice, quiet dead-end system...

Really good posts Laser and a very enjoyable read -

Pucherie is too damn quiet - a few times I tried to open some shops there but it seems I cant even cover staff wages due to the slow buisiness.

Any tips on the area and the type of people that go through the system is appreaciated :-)

• as its a lvl3 fed navy mission hub the ppl that use the agents there are generally new to the eve universe, and as such still quite niave in the knowledge of the value placed on salvaged materials from shipwrecks. take a look at the higher end salvage materials, and figure them in to rig building costs ;)

its far enough away from dodixie for the main traders'/builders' buy orders not to extend that far^^

• Date/Time:
    Tue, Mar. 3. 2009. 10:04 EST

Current Location:
    Station: Aunia I - Moon 11 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant
    Solarsystem: Aunia, Security Level: 0.8
    Constellation: Coriault

I must`ve been really exhausted, if i slept so much... No wonder - Yesterday i finally tried my first level 4 mission. The result? Well... I pretty much got my ass handed to me. Despite the fact, that i had a fresh Dominix class Battleship (which i renamed ''Dominus'' btw... Bit unimaginative, but i like it & that`s what counts) and I was given all sorts of stuff for tanking, by Ozu. But i pretty much found out, why i should get Tech2 tanking gear ASAP. Ditched the drone training & raising my Hull Upgrades skill to level 5. Only good thing is that it only took 1 day & 19 hrs to complete, when i started it... now only 17 hours are remaining. That should allow me to use T2 Active hardeners & passive ones aswell. Next on my list is to get my Mechanic skill up to lvl 5 aswell, so i can use T2 Large Armor Repairers or LAR`s for short. After that i`ll resume my drone training... But i think i`ll swap to sentry drones, as they have much more range as regular drones and they do slightly more damage, than T1 Heavy drones. I can`t tell anything about their velocity, because it isn`t stated in their Attributes list. One more thing - everyone`s telling me not to bother with guns, so i`m using medium, 250mm ''Scout'' Accelerator Cannons for now. But honestly - i like big, fat guns, which almost rip the ship apart with a single shot, from a nice distance... say 70 km`s. I will look into that after i`ve done training stuff for my tank. And a Drone Link Augmentor (DLA) + Drone Navigation Computer (DNC) would also be nice. Another thing, that Ozu mentioned was that i should mount 3 Capacitor Control Circuit (CCC) rigs... that would set my, allready low buget, back by about 50 mil, so i`m still thinking about it.

My Homepage

(\__/)

• I wont tell you about my first level 4s mate - what a complete disaster for me and my bank balance.

You need to get a really good tank and you can find pve setups for the Domi on the EVE forums and Battleclinic and also through EveMon.

My main is a shield tanker - he flies a Rokh and can do level 4s quite comfortably - so I can't advise that much as I used guns for my gank and only use drones for small frigs.

Good luck mate and keep us updated!!

• getting tanking and support skills to high levels is more important than gunnery skills at lasers' stage. if you cant tank the damage then you will die, simple.
    when you get to a decent lvl then concenttrate on gunner and primarily drones with dominix.
    when you get used to the missions and the respawn triggers you can then fit for full gank and micromanage the npc aggro.
    my domi fit:

highs:
    5 gallente navy 350mm railguns antimater and iridium ammo
    drone link augmentor

mids:
    shadow serpentis 100mn AB
    4 cap recharger 2's

lows:
    amarr LAR
    2 active t2 armour hardners
    coreli a type adaptive nano plate
    3 gallente navy mag stabs

drones:
    5 wardens
    5 ogres
    5 hammerheads
    5 hobgoblins

rigs:
    3 capacitor control circuits aka CCC

damage varies between 1200 - 2500 per volley, not including drone damage, so roughly 700 dps from a domi mission ship :)

i also have fang in an orca running fleet boosts and 3 armour ganglinks, which helps agreat deal.
    with this technique i can pull in 30 mil per hour just from mission npc bounties.
    "gone beserk - eom" lvl4 completed in 13 minutes solo, 9mil in bounties, 26 mil in loot and salvage.

now time to go waste my security status on killing topou in archee :P :D

• Date/Time:
    Sat, 7. Mar 2009, 13:02 EST.

Current Location:
    Station: Aunia I - Moon 11 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant
    Solarsystem: Aunia, Security Level: 0.8
    Constellation: Coriault

In the past days, since my last entry it`s been rather routine. I`m slowly working myself up on solo`ing lvl 4`s: learning spawns, managing aggro... I can easily do solo easier & medium lvl 4`s. The harder ones - which usually are the most paying ones: to some i call for help & some i decline. For example missions, where i have one of the 4 major empires as my opponents, because those missions majorly screw up my standings with them. Apparently i allready can`t enter 1.0 security systems within the Amarr empire... And i`m very close to reach the same status with the Caldari... if that would happen: bye, bye access to Jita & some nice trading/hauling opportunities. Yes, you read right. I also trade from time to time, if i manage to find a good opportunity... which doesn`t happen very often. Will have to ask Ozu & Az for another lesson in EVE economy, i guess. I`ve prety much got back the cash, which i spent on my Domi, it`s guns & insurance. Now i can start earning some cash extra.

I`m currently training another skill for my armor tank. Mechanic to lvl 5. As i allready stated in my last log, that skill will allow me to use T2 LAR`s. And i allready can use T2 armor hardeners. Another skillbook, that i recently was told to buy, is Infomorph Psychology. Apparently all CCI can use jump clones now without having to raise their own standings first and with Infomorph Psychology, i can use 1 jump clone per level. Will get pretty handy, if i`m to move to nullsec soon.

That`s it for now, fly safe.

My Homepage

(\__/)

• Date/Time:
    Mon, 4. May 2009, 21:54 EST.

Current Location:
    Station: Lion`s Den
    Solarsystem: E-YCML, Security Level: 0.0
    Constellation: XV7L-S
    Region: Providence
    Empire: none

It`s been a long time since my last entry. And not much has happened. I`ve moved to nullsec & i am here for about 2 months. I`m slowly getting accustomed to the way things are running here - a little mining here & there, but i`m mostly keeping my head above the water with ratting. In one or Az`s threads, he mentioned ratting ot being a steady source of income. Thus far i`ve had no problem with it & the money is rolling in at a considerable rate. Allthough - for the last 4 days it`s been a bit more careful for me, since i do not have the support or the backup from Cf. Capitalists Inc. or the Sev3rance alliance in general. The Sev3rance alliance are policing the region well, but some hostiles manage to get through and without access to the necessary intel channels - i`m very vulnerable. Reason why i`m without backup: i was removed from CCI, with a reason i`m still trying to comprehend. No warning, no discussion, no questions asked. Plain simply i was kicked & i was not given the opportunity to defend myself. And i`m even blocked access to the CCI public channel & any contact from the CEO`s & older players. The only one, in the corp, i still have contact with is RavenMcDougal (aka Raventis). I do not blame Ozu (Dopp) for this, but the other CEO`s of the corp, for taking the game too seriously. I`ve also said that in the game. I`m not risking going into detail here, because it might lessen my chances of ever getting accepted into any other Corporation within the Sev3rance Alliance, if any of them manage to view this.

Ozu, if you read this & wish the upper text removed - say it & it will be done, but it will not be swept under the carpet.

As for my skill training - i have the skills to fly 2 types of Tech 2 Frigates - an Assault Ship, and an Interceptor. The Assault ship is mainly uses as a fast drone carier with decent gun DPS aswell, and the Interceptor - a very fast tackling ship with a lot of DPS. I haven`t used it yet, as i still need a few skills to have a decent fitting on it, but i`m working on it. My assault ship has allready seen some action in the field, but i allmost lost it, which means i still have a lot of training to do. Given enough time, resources & the right support, i might start setting sights on one of my greater goals: Get one of the bigger combat ships & engage in greater fleet battles. But that`s all in the shrouded future.

My Homepage

(\__/)

• Date/Time:
    unknown

Current Location:
    Station: Lion`s Den
    Solarsystem: E-YCML, Security Level: 0.0
    Constellation: XV7L-S
    Region: Providence
    Empire: none

As usual, i`ve been keeping ratting, ever since i`ve come to nullsec. The most usual rats are cruisers & battlecruisers. But today was different - I had several 2-3 BS spawns in a row, which resulted in a bounty income of about 9-10 mil within 20-30 mins. Never before i`ve had so much luck with ratting. Usually i make that amount in about 3-4 hrs. And i wonder how much i`ve got in salvage & loot. All this will way pay back what i had to spend on a new cargo ship, which i lost 3 days ago. Skill training is still the same - Weapons Upgrades to level 5. Allthough i`ve got only 3 days left. Soon i`ll be able to fly my Interceptor & zap around the bigger ships & turn them into sitting ducks... *evil grin* I hope i`ll have a more exciting story soon, so keep reading & plz post some feedback. Fly safe!

My Homepage

(\__/)

• Wow... Didn't think this old thread was still around

Well... Guess I can write something if only for the catharsis.

Ever since my last post I've been playing EVE on an on-again - off-again basis. I've experienced pretty much everything the game has to offer - I lived in High-sec, running missions... Did a stint in Lowsec, doing some mining and PvP... Lived in Nullsec for a year or two, doing anything from PvP to PvE and basic industry and exploration... I spent some time in Wormhole space doing whatever my corpmates and I were in the mood for at any given time... Hell, I was even an active participant in World War Bee, which saw pretty much every single in-game coalition band together against the GoonSwarm Federation (or ''The Imperium'' as they like to call themselves) and saw them removed from their throne as the ''most powerful'' coalition in the game. All in all - I've seen all of New Eden at its best and at its worst.

However after every venture I undertake, I seem to return to the most basic activity in the whole game: Highsec Mining. I've set up a second account and have trained it to be a dedicated miner, with my main account providing fleet boosts that increase the mining yield and my income. And with the dawn of Citadels, half a year ago, my dream of setting up shop in a remote corner of New Eden is drawing closer.

With the newest patch, trial accounts can pretty much play permanently, albeit with some restrictions. For more info watch this vid:

Therefore I'd like to use this occasion to offer anyone, who still hasn't come around to try this game, but would like to, a place to grow in game until they're ready to take off their training wheels and set out in the New Eden on their own. (Yes, this is me whoring for new recruits for my corporation - sue me :D )

So - if anyone new wants to try Eve Online, or if someone old wants to return to the game and simply wants to say ''hi'' - My character names are: Telosis (my main) and Castiana Arzi (Mining alt).

Have a good day and fly safe.

My Homepage

(\__/)

• maybe possibly. I've always like Eve but usually discourage due to subscription requirements. I'll play The Old Republic and pay $15/month.

I'll join your corporation if you join my clan in FL

• Why, yes. Yes, it is. But compared to the tutorial that was in place when I began - this is a cakewalk. Just keep at it - don't be afraid to ask for help in Rookie Chat, and when I am online - feel free to msg me.

My Homepage

(\__/)