Game resolution

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Diablo.

• Just curious. Is it possible to play CF at higher than 1280 x 960 ? Can I change the resolution in Perfoptions file? or would that not accomplish a higher setting like 1680 x 1050 or 1920 x 1080?

Edit: I am looking at getting a newer monitor so I'm curious to see if I'll be able to change to settings that match whatever screen I get = screens native resolution

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Well, I am on 1280x960(or it was 1024), and it doesn't let me for higher one^^

• i play at 1600 x 1200 and i guess far more is possible depending on your grafic cards and hardware

• Follow the link to find out how to make adjustments. (be warned though.... its not totally perfect.... but does work)

http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hreadid=11069&boardid=216

Im currently running CF @ 1680x1050 res :D

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]

• 1920 x 1200 here @ 75hz

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Awesome!!! Thanks Pheonix, I thought I had seen a post about this before but couldn't find it. Thankyou all for the input......I'll have a 22"widesreen monitor in a few days :D:D and this news makes me very happy.

BTW: @ all who know I've had pc problems, the situation will be completely resolved in a day or so (just loading and testing everything right now). So I'll be able to return to playing CF......finally......I sure miss this game.

Question for Gunny, is 75hz the native refresh rate on your monitor or you set at 75hz for game play to run cleanly

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Native for me, but I also have 2 9800 gtx+ in SLI. I have a Sceptre 24" widescreen monitor, with a contrast ratio of 4000:1. Purchased it for 249.00 USD. Best buy I have had in a long time.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Hi there.

I followed the directions in the link for 1680x1050 and it kind of works.

Only problem is after the intro plays and it's time for me to go find a job in the bar, theres nothing at the top of the screen for me to click on. The symbols for the bar, equipment dealer, ship dealer etc. etc. are gone. I can just barely see the bottom of the box that they are normally in.

I tried the fix in vanilla Freelancer and it worked just fine. No luck in Crossfire though???

Help

(I retried it like a thousand times)

• screenshot pl0x?
    probably you just have missed some settings/values ;)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Ok you need to undock once after you started the game. Best thing to do is undock, make a sreenshot while in space, then dock. If the camera still is at a wrong angle, you better check the camera ini again.

But normally you should be fine after undocking

• Embarrasing, but I don't know how to post a screenshot. :O I clicked on IMG but I don't know what it's asking for. I took one but.......I could e-mail it if somebody thinks it would help.

Anyway, impossible to undock since the symbol to undock is one of the ones at the top that I can't see.

I'll mess around with the Camera.ini and see if I can get the right setting. Anybody know which one affects that screen. Just don't know why it would work fine in vanilla but not Crossfire. It's the exact same files and folders just in the flmm/mods directory instead of the Freelancer directory.

I don't remember but I could swear I've played at higher resolutions before. At least 1280x1024 but the max the game is offering me is 1152x864x32. The comp is a P4 3.0 with a 6600GT. That should be plenty I'm thinking. I do get the message when I first start the game that it doesn't recognize my video card.

?(

• [WinCamera]
    fovx = 63.504809977813375

this one.
    To make a screenshot youll need to upload it somewhere. Imageshack is ok.

• OK
    Here's a wierd one.

If I start a new game, while the destruction of Freeport 7 cutscene is playing, if I load the savegame that takes you to the screenshot I took, the menu is now there.

If I exit the game and just load the savegame, no menu.

Anyway, at least I can now launch and maybe it will save the settings and all will be good.

Better go fix all the wierd FOV numbers I was trying. :D

• Hi Wrangler,
    check the thread that DC Pheonix linked earlier in this thread.....the guys have meesed around with screen resolutions and I think it will be easy to correct any issues you run into :D CF sure looks great at high resolutions on a large screen :D:D:D
    Good luck

• I play at 1600 x 1200 but my monitor is 1920x1200 the game does not support wide screen. And resolution is dependent on your monitor not your hardware. But to get a good FPS on a high resolution you will need better hardware.

What I mean is it will display all resolutions your monitor is capable of not your hardware.

• Just to make resolution stuff clear:

:))

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• ROFLMAO thats fantastic m8 :D

<-------ONCE AGAIN ARISING FROM THE ASHES. ONCE MORE TO KICKS THE CSF's ASS TO THE NEXT SECTOR.------>

http://i024.radikal.ru/0810/0b/985e1e888a76.jpg

<-----------------------------------------------DC Phoenix - General [866][865][866]---------------------------------------------->

[21] Intel Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz - Asus P5KC M/B - Ati Sapphire HD3870 512Mb GDDR4 Graphic Card - Ballstic 4x1Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM - 1 x 160GB + 1 x 250Gb SATA HDD - 2 x DVD-R/W Drive - Jeantech Orchid 575w PSU - iCute Custom Case - ACER P223w 22" Widescreen Monitor - Wireless Keyboard And Mouse - 5.1 Surround Sound Setup - Take Pride In Your System And Build It Yourself [21]