Third quest?

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by uncleglennie.

• Looks like I've also reached the same quest roadblock as other players in SP. The trail has run cold at the emergency buoy near the rift to Heiron. I've read this thread and have a few questions. First I'd like to say that entering the Sol system and now the Altair galaxy is really where I felt the true Crossfire experience began. Nice work OP.

The clue at the emergency buoy is at best, "vague". Am I right to say I now must go to Omega 41 and find Utopia to continue the quest? I've searched my brain to try and figure out where I went wrong and can't find a reason. Oh well thank the stars for this forum.

• Again ! I will try to convert a solo player to multiplayer experience....

The best way to fully experience the game is to play MP. ppl are around to help, the quests can be completed online too and you can bring friends along with you to have more fun !

Try it m8 !!

ARROW out-

• Entering MP or not...is a question for all newcomers to decide, but like most SP's we feel that learning the mod and earning our wings first in SP is more comfortable and wiser than joining MP right away. Just my personal thoughts. At the moment I'm still undecided.

• Entering MP or not...is a question for all newcomers to decide, but like most SP's we feel that learning the mod and earning our wings first in SP is more comfortable and wiser than joining MP right away. Just my personal thoughts. At the moment I'm still undecided.

:D ... I played very long time SP (bad internet connection). After I started to play MP (with release 1.8 ), I've never play SP more. MP is really something else and especially Crossfire is in MP even more different.

• Once you enter Weth in DK space the news item talks about helping DK's against hostile aliens, but doesn't tell you how. Suggestion would be to add another news item to search the DK space for wrecks and then telling us to enter hyperspace to continue the quest.

I went into DK space from the Heiron side first then all the way to Menton, and then had to go all the way back. I was totally confused about the quest until I read this thread and found I was supposed to go to Dervon then through the gmg hypergate in omega 3 first, this would of then brought me to Menton.

I gather from reading this thread that a lot of new CF players that get confused about the quests, and end up doing them out of order, which only adds to their confusion. I know this was the case for me. Not all of us have 6+ hours to spend trying to get out of DK space once you're in there, especially when you're at work. OOPS!

Solving the quests is fun, but the clues are not as helpful as you might think.

• add another news item to search the DK space for wrecks

While I agree that some of the clues could be groomed a bit, I think you have your quests and/or space mixed up.

Heron and Menton are in Altair Sector. Weth is in the Inner Core Sector. They are completely different parts of Crossfire space.

The only way into the Inner Core is through the GMG Hypergate. The only way through the GMG Hypergate is the alien-killing quest in Devron. Before you go through the Hypergate, the bartender at the GMG station tells you to find the missing GMG pilots, and to bring them back, if you can.

So, by the time that you get to the Inner Core, you should already know that you are looking for GMG pilots. IIRC, there were four GMG pilots who went into the Inner Core before you.

If you follow the clues (often floating pieces of debris), you will find GMG wrecks. A couple of the wrecks contain life pods with GMG pilots who are still alive.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Heron and Menton are in Altair Sector. Weth is in the Inner Core Sector. They are completely different parts of Crossfire space.

Like I said before, confused.

there were four GMG pilots who went into the Inner Core before you.

If you follow the clues (often floating pieces of debris), you will find GMG wrecks. A couple of the wrecks contain life pods with GMG pilots who are still alive.

I never knew this, thanx I will check this out once I get back to the inner core.
    I might have read this somewhere, but meeting the hostile aliens really makes you forget everything else.

Thanks Bull...