xfire 1.8 thoughts & hopes

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• After playing 1.7 for a few weeks I'm getting to feel a little more comfortable with the mod. Some bits I like others just annoy. One of the aims I set myself was to get the best equipment I can. This is where I have issues. Many of the more experienced players have better equipment than I. Thats fine but I would like to get it also. Then the clan system becomes an issue, as some equipment is only available here (hydroxin thruster, champion level 10 shield etc). But scan these players ships and they have them. Even competing clans!!!
    How is this possible? Surely they should not have been allowed to dock on these bases. Can they be locked off to competing clans?
    As a relative newbie I am not familair with all the clans & their initials, bases, systems, ships allowed etc. This must be kept up to date and easily found without having to scan the forum. the launcher ticker tape is not always correct ( hiruga listed as neutral but claimed by one clan (cant remember which).
    When the upgrade is launched will everybody keep their level or all start from scrartch? If we all start from scratch then the more experienced know where to get the best deals & progress quicker (assuming no major changes) as expected & quickly regain their 'seniority'.
    Could hints to get better equipment etc be found on bases? Could the best equipment be freely available on some of the smaller sirius bases & hints given. Could the clans have to wait a month before claiming systems so I & others could get the upgrades. I want to be able to compete but feel I need better tools to do so. I might try fight off a pirate once or twice at the moment its suicide so I'll pay the 'tax'. I might like to join in some events but daren't because of inferior kit.
    I resent when asking for help being told oh yes its available but in a clan system & you dont have access.
    I am happy to try to earn the credits to pay for it and want to remain freelancing. What will the future bring? ( level 10 champion & hydroxin thruster for christmas I hope).

When you empty the rubbish some of it comes out on top

• In a way - we are all in the same position as you.

Although I would wish it otherwise - there is no divine right for anyone to have complete access to all the best equipment - like the rest of us you will have to do some hard grafting and earn some cash to buy the best equipment.

Saying that - most clans have been happy enough to sell you stuff unique to their clan system if you ask them nice enough - and with an additional fee

If you are a freelancer - you would do well to try and explore as many systems as possible now - as for some reason that I dont like - once you join a clan some doors will be closed to you.

Most clan systems also have a little logo visible as soon as you enter.

Those two items you mention happen to be located in pirate systems - but believe it or not - some of them are nice guys and will pass you some dodgy equipment for a small fee

Good luck!!

• You can get all equipment that you want if you pay a good fee. :D :)

You can also run the risk of invading a clan system and stealing stuff if you would love to be KOS to that clan and it's allies. ;) :P

My Clan tries to keep a neutral to friendly attitude to other clans. My clan's name is IFC.

THE FASTEST ONE

• you can get the equipment from any of clan members from both clans which own this systems.

The equipment will not be refused to anyone.

if you are a freelancer you can even find a fee lower then the price of the shield in the black market .
    I know a guy that as a freelancer payed the double he would pay for a shield if he had asked directly to us, ahahahah.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• every piece of equipment is available for everyone
    you only need to ask

you are right that the info about the systems is not up to date
    but that is not a mod problem but a time problem because i also have a 24h day like everybody else and i need to mod various new mods, run SWAT and deal with thousands of other issues
    it simply is not possible to keep everything updated without neccessary help (which is hard to get)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by sev98

What are your Ingame nicks, christmas could be nearer than you think?

Click the image above to visit us.

• sometimes little green Dwarfs are helping him...

Click the image above to visit us.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    you are right that the info about the systems is not up to date

Does it make sense to put it all together right now and make it in one thread (or at least in one document for further use)? Or is it better to wait for 1.8?
    If yes, i'll start on it.

• it does make sense

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!