CF PROBLEMS

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ozymandius.

• Ok, try this, uninstall FL, FLMM, and the CF mod, delete ALL the remaining folders and files that are left over from uninstall. When thats done, reinstall FL then restart your comp weather it says too or not. Then install the FLMM. After that download the CF 1.7 client, which can be found here: http://files.filefront.com/Cro…t/;8138097;/fileinfo.html (Is a clean and working copy) and install it. Once its installed activate it in the FLMM, then run the game and wait for it to patch itself, if it gives an E5 error, or any kind of error just close it and open it again, sooner or later it will fully update and let you onto the multiplayer. (If not then you have some sort of network problem)

If it still gives you problems after all that then something is seriously wrong with your PC because this has NEVER failed with me and my PC barely works enough to so much as open the start menu. :)

• I did all this 6 times!

As stated at the start of the thread and I am not the only person who has had this problem. Others like me have had files vanish etc

As I stated, it works fine for me now but I have used the 1.7e which as others have stated should not work. It has also fixed Fixers problems which were the same as mine.

My game is now stable and downloads fine. I have not had any problem finding the server or had random crashes and vanishing files.

I think Huor pointed out a possible cause for some of the problems. I did look into it but since I havnt had a problem recently I cant confirm his solution. It could explain why the 1.7e is working thou thou seeing that some files were replaced.

My concern thou is not for myself it is for the others who I have spoken with who cant even find the server or have had the vanishing files and crashes that I did.

• Ok, ive been thinking hard about this and decided I was going to do a diagnostics research involving firewalls/antiviruses. So if you would, would you ask all the people you know that cant access (or is having issues accessing) the CF server and find out if they use any sort of firewalls/antivirus. Then report what you find out here, (or PM me) if they use firewalls/antivirus I need to know what kind, and the version number. I'll do the same thing by asking those that I know has no issues getting on.

Im doing this to find out if certain kinds of firewalls/antivirus programs have anything to do with peoples current problems, so I need as much info as you can give me.

• Sure,

although as a side note I did try finding the server with all firewalls and antivirus off and still had the same prob. I believe Fixer tried this as well.

Ill get back to you asap on this.

• Which Internet Explorer Version is running on your System Ozy?

Click the image above to visit us.

• although as a side note I did try finding the server with all firewalls and antivirus off and still had the same prob. I believe Fixer tried this as well.yes m8 i did this aswel but it did not workt to did it 7 times 8 time it was a hit and came finaly tru and download to get lancer start it cf

• At the risk of getting flamed to a crisp^^

From an above post:
    "Ok, try this, uninstall FL, FLMM, and the CF mod, delete ALL the remaining folders and files that are left over from uninstall. When thats done, reinstall FL then restart your comp weather it says too or not. Then install the FLMM. After that download the CF 1.7 client,"

I agree this would seem the logical sequence, but it is not in the correct order. I used this incorrect order when I needed to reinstall. The result was several tries ending with a big headache.

Then I followed the instructions strictly and it worked perfectly. http://www.swat-portal.com/portal/download/CFguide.swf

steps 1-3 uninstall and delete all the stuff as stated in the CF guide.
    4. download and install FLMM 1.31
    5. download fresh copy of latest CF mod
    6. run the Crossfire installation(install into FLMM)
    7. now only after steps 4, 5,and 6. Install Freelancer.
    8. activate Crossfire in FLMM
    9. the rest ........

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• As a side note, many people on the server today started to experience individual crashes on a regular basis, including me.

Let's hear about this one.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Originally posted by burro
    At the risk of getting flamed to a crisp^^

From an above post:
    "Ok, try this, uninstall FL, FLMM, and the CF mod, delete ALL the remaining folders and files that are left over from uninstall. When thats done, reinstall FL then restart your comp weather it says too or not. Then install the FLMM. After that download the CF 1.7 client,"

I agree this would seem the logical sequence, but it is not in the correct order. I used this incorrect order when I needed to reinstall. The result was several tries ending with a big headache.

I guess it doesn't really matter which order its in, ive always used the order I mentioned, and have had zero problems with it. Ive frequently had to reinstall FL and CF anyways due to OS crashes/reinstalls on several thousand occasions, and ive used both orders and for me they both work the exact same way.
    It could be different with other people but I dont know. ^^

• Regarding the Crashes,

I had it happen to me while fighting X. I could see no explanation for why as ping etc was fine. It is the only recent incident I have had.

Regarding the install procedures. I followed the dont Panic guide. The important thing to remeber is this thread was started to address several issues that I and others have expierenced. These ranged from the server not being listed to files vanishing on crashes and on one occasion my entire game vanished.