Relations with Lancersreactor

There are 126 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

• Uh oh, Mizi, hope you had a good nights rest now :D
    But i guess you and Gunny are right, from all i heard. And IF something's changing to the better at TLR there is always the possibility to reconsider our decision.
    Unfortunately i voted before i read OPs' 2nd post, so that would be one point more for option 3 and one less for 2.

• I am with mizi on this one (option 3)

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• i want a decision based on the current situation
    if the situation will change is something we dont know... and maybe if it changes to the better or worse then we can make new decisions based on the new circumstances

that the TLR ownership will change is very unlikely atm
    mental made pretty clear that he is the owner and the only1 who has the say
    and he already showed how abusive he wants to lead TLR now

I know TLR since its beginning when bargib created it and i am interested in keeping it alive. In the past i did my best to guarantee that... no matter if it involved hosting (parts of TLR were running on the SWAT server), money support for a new server (dont ask me where this money went since a new server never appeared), much work for TLR while being admin and my tries to convince the TLR staff to do neccessary changes.
    To some point the old TLR meant a lot to me... but today the only thing that remains is the name and the fact that new players often visit that site. TLR is nothing more than the name.
    Not even the new tlr irc chat is much popular... we all lurk around in the old (inofficial) room where mental has less rights then the old staff (including me).

These days louva and i are talking alot with many others about what went wrong... how tlr should be and how to save it. There are many good ideas but we always end up with the fact that nobody of us could turn that into reality. Louva even wanted to talk with mental to hand over TLR to a bunch ex-admins in order to get things rolling again but i guess such a try would never be successful.

I simply want a decision so i finally can act uppon it... to be finally able to move forward again with SWAT. And if we do nothing or try to get seperated from TLR or one of the other decisions is important to make future plans for SWAT.
    None of the choices above will really harm SWAT... but they might slow down or speed up our development.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• [697]

All I can say is.. my decision was based on the current situation. I've been following this whole mess because whatever happened over there did have some effect on SWAT.. and it still does, to a certain degree.. as it affects you, OP.. and you are, after all, the heart of SWAT.

But I don't think that should be the case anymore. And yes, if circumstances in the future change for the better, I don't see why SWAT can't make other decisions based on those changes.. but right now, I feel like our efforts at diplomacy have been violated and abused..

At the present time, TLR is undeserving of our sympathy. They don't deserve our help either, and its obvious they don't want our help anyway.

I think we should concentrate our efforts on developing and strengthening SWAT.. we don't need to worry about what TLR is doing anymore, since they have basically imploded (at this point, on more than one occasion).

Players, old and new, are at the very least, frustrated with these constant re-incarnations of TLR.. not one of which, resembles anything like the old site. So, those people will move on to other communities, including ours, to get what they need as gamers. I don't think we have to worry about that either..

As the old saying goes.. "If you build it.. they will come"

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• I voted Do Nothing. Why?

Well, after the last time LR came back, things are looking fine. No flame wars btw. I guess MC should be very tired wasting hours working with coding and other mess. When ppl are tired, they make wrong decisions. Let the time say what will happen. For now, if MC try to get along with the Portal, accept it. This would be a "I'm sorry". If MC doesn't proppose this, then do nothing. Well, this would be already a refusal, right?

That's it for now. I can be wrong, but I'm human :P
    FWbr

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• want to know why it is so silent there?
    most of the modders and admins left to the other FL communities
    and the others either get banned (^^) or their posts get deleted

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I'll post a PM I shared with MC:

Please reconsider help from SWAT. You can't deny that you've made a few enemies in Crazy and OP, but trying to fix these relationships may be the best way to help TLR. I want to see this site continue and I'm just trying to help. Crazy's database and OP's server could be of immense use, so please try to reach out to them.

MK

His reply:

I understand that TLR is going downhill, and if SWAT doesn't want to deal with them, well, perhaps that's to be expected. But I want it to be known that I'm not giving up on them. I absolutely hate change. Hopefully, I or someone else can help Mental see reason. I think he truly wants the best for TLR, but I think he's in over his head and doesn't want to admit it.

At any rate, I'll be spending more time at SWAT for the time being, if only because there's more content at the moment and SWAT is more stable. I still hope to turn TLR around. You say it's a corpse? Well, time to start necromancy.

MK

[GLOW=green]"If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable." -Star Trek: Birth of the Federation[/GLOW]

• My decision was based upon the over-all history of TLR and their unwillingness to share and be a true central point for FL, without bias, or other intentions. Not to mention their lack of team work with the FL community.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• lets not waste our time and spend our so valuable time with TLR. If they want a cooporation than they should do the first steps... We have much to do to keep SWAT running well and OP cant deal with two communities at the same time without ignoring 1 community ;)

• cool that suggestions, help and protecting mental from the others is now called flaming

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Damn right Gunny.........TLR made there bed they can lay in it......If we on CF attacked its community the way they did and to SWAT then we wouldnt have a community to talk to fall stop.

I see no reason why any of us should give TLR yet another chance as all they do is throw it back in our faces.

If TLR want SWAT's support then i say let em come crawling with a long list of appologies.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• I voted do nothing.

Just let TLR collapse of its own accord.

Originally posted by Trainwiz
    I voted do nothing.

Just let TLR collapse of its own accord.

Then you should`ve voted to cease all relations with them, since doing nothing might also cause damage to SWAT.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Well, i say forget about them, as it seems that they don't need you so you don't need them. May be in this forum there are not a lot of ppl as TLR had in the past but still SWAT is alive and will continue to progress. So don't waste your time at their intrigues and "wiseness" and watch at your own stuffs as we all see that you, OP, have big desires to make something big here.

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• either this evening or tomorrow morning (more likely tomorrow) the finally decision will be announced

for some time TLR -> that means mental has already made a decision:

Everyone who posts links or just writes the names "SWAT" and "Starport" gets cencored and therefore both FL communities seem to be banned from TLR.

Long time ago TLR was a NEUTRAL place for EVERYONE. Now mental decides which oppinions and communities he tolerates.
    Meanwhile TLR has copied the tutorials from all other FL sites including Starport, Digital Brilliance and SWAT and hosts even they are not allowed to do that. He bans entire communities and then takes their work.
    3 weeks ago i requested that SWAT files get removed from the TLR database (because they never were supposed to be there since i never submitted the beta versions of CF to TLR - dunno where they got them and with right they think they are allowed to host them). That request got completly ignored. I meanwhile consider this a breach of copyrights and thefts. So does the Starport administration.

Also some nice info:

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• if Mental hates starport as much (ok a little less) as swat, why is it listed in the links??

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• actually, in just my short stay there so far, I've only seen disrespect from here. I haven't noticed anyone else going there and trying to pull people away from TLR.

That was a PM that was sent to everyone at TLR. Please tell me how that was not trying to tell people to leave...

Originally posted by Kyle
    There is another mod with similar graphics. Maybe even better ones since the creator did manipulate the rendering behaviour of Freelancer. Crossfire 1.8
    I can't give you a link since mental has banned the creator of that mod and his community (currently the biggest FL and FL modding community) for no reason. So if you are looking for competition you have to search somewhere else but not here.

Originally posted by Kyle
    Yes it it SWAT_OP-R8R which got banned for no reason.
    No I can't give you any links since the TLR owner does censor what is written here. That does include links.

No reason eh? I'm sorry, but this whole thread seems like one big flame against TLR. I'm pretty certain you'd do it there too.

And as far as the censoring, I'm pretty sure that's because of posts like the ones I quoted from TLR that swat-portal is not linked on TLR. And from this poll and the things being said under it, I can see another reason too.

Naturally I voted option 2 BEFORE reading the posts... I still stand by it since it's obvious that this is not a one sided problem like you make it out to be.

MantisOlthoi

• WHO THE HELL IS KYLE???

As far as I know, there's no one registered here under the name of 'Kyle'.. so if its one of our members, then I'm sure he'll have the decency to address what was posted above.

And why is it that anyone who has a beef with TLR, just HAS to be from SWAT??? We are automatically accused? Is that it? This guy could be from Starport or some other community for all you know.. yet here you are on SWAT accusing us, for the umpteenth time, without even knowing if this guy is a member of SWAT in the first place. You people really lick the icing off my cupcakes!

(As if we don't have better and more important things to do than to tongue-spear a dried-up old has-been site that's now only a name.. and a ghost of its former glory)

As for flaming on TLR.. well, most of the SWAT members are keeping up with the on-going situation, but then most of us DO NOT post anything to that forum, nor do we flame it.

I can speak for myself in saying you WILL NOT find any posts from me there.. and I always carry the same moniker of 'Mizibelle'.

But we have seen many members of TLR who have made it their business to come here to flame and make accusations against SWAT. (See above post). Not to mention the fact, that as a TLR member, what gives you the right to register here and vote in OUR poll? To me, that is a blatant attempt at manipulation..

And once again, it seems I must reitterate that this IS SWAT. We can say what we like in our own community and on our own forum. If TLR members don't like it, thats just too damn bad.

WE will decide WHO we deal with and who we don't in the FL community. The ONLY organization at issue here is TLR. And based on their past transgressions, it isn't looking good for them.

Yes, I am one of the members here who oppose further relations with TLR. I have also said that if something in the future changes, we can always re-consider our position.

So don't darken our door with accusations and abuse (AGAIN).. because we don't need that here, nor do we appreciate it. If we didn't have VALID REASONS to dislike TLR, then you wouldn't see a thread like this.. so don't come here and post and act like WE are the fucking ones responsible for the shit going on. SWAT is not responsible for the implosion of TLR.. we offered to help and we were ignored or abused for our efforts.

If you have a valid contribution to make to SWAT, then that's great and you are welcome here.. If not, then mind your own damn business! [1]

I am sick of discussions & arguments about this shit.

Thankfully, OP will make his decision shortly and then I urge him to close this thread, so we can concentrate on the future development of SWAT.

And one more thing.. I get the impression that OP is quite miffed that TLR continues to use SWATs material WITHOUT PERMISSION.. another violation of TLR against SWAT, and one that should be immediately addressed by your buddy Mental Chaos, who continues to breach the COPYRIGHT laws as long as our material is posted to TLR - and this is legally considered THEFT! Mental Chaos needs to take our material OFF of TLR's fucking site, as requested! That request was made more than 3 weeks ago... and guess what, it's still there!

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.. and while you're at it, maybe you will think about just what kind of people you're dealing with in a community like TLR. There are REASONS why TLR has gone down again and again and again.. and it has everything to do with the people running it. [3]

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• for now i'm still posting in any community.

i consider myself as a SWAT member in any FL community. i'm a former FL player/community member (TLR) since '06. I saw many things happening since then. TLR was really a neutral place. The community was very active and many new things comin' up. Many brilliant ppl posting, etc.

now the situation is different.

TLR passed by the hands of many, many are now off forever in the FL community or are in other communities. in the actual TLR, there are many things still out from the axis and many things already fixed. i know there are many things they need to fix, coz TLR needs the other communities to survive, and it'll die slowly if nothing will be did.

i'm still posting some stuff by there, but now the community i'm most active is here. i'd like to choose for now another option which is inexhistent:
    -stay hostile towards TLR until their staff try to get along with SWAT

coz they did the errors, right? so they need to fix'em.

respectfully w/ everyone
    Fire_Wolf_br

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]