Relations with Lancersreactor

There are 126 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Fire_Wolf_br.

• Mentalchaos just has started a nice slimy campaign to convince everyone that he is the nicest guy in the world and wants cooperation between the communities. All others which have left TLR are the evil ones and for sure i am the most evil guy at all because i had the nerves to try and help.

Personally for me the situation is clear. I simply dont want have any relation to that guy, his lies, his tricks that he played uppon the community, his insults and broken rules and the way he treats others that have a different oppinion.
    I already announced on freelancercommunity.net (where this person had the nerves to attack and insult me for no reason) that i will never cooperate with him or TLR.
    I even would be willing to exclude SWAT from all FL community projects that include TLR. But that is my personal oppinion.

Fact is that we at SWAT have the biggest and most active FL community. We offer services that other communities inlcuding TLR can only dream about. We have more lancer related content than all other FL sites and SWAT is growing faster than all others.
    It is SWAT which is running 10 high quality lancer related project including one complete new game. It is SWAT which gets asked for interviews and it is SWAT which has good relations to various gaming companies.

Basically we can say that we have the biggest potential here and we dont need to fear the future because we already made sure that there is a future for us, FL and the time after FL.
    Other communities have not even started to think about the future or the consequences of their decisions.
    For TLR and most other FL communities the time will come when they realize that nothing is left anymore... nothing except their big dreams.

The question for us is how we want to react on TLR in the meanwhile. And that is a decision i leave to you.

This poll will be closed this sunday and a final decision based on the results will be done.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Does this mean that you (personally) wouldn't interact with TLR even if its administration changed?

MK

*edit*

For that matter, where exactly is this campaign? I haven't found it on TLR forums. Could you post a link, OP?

[GLOW=green]"If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable." -Star Trek: Birth of the Federation[/GLOW]

• the administration does not change and right now that administration is doing exactly what has caused all the problems of the past years

i personally prefer to have no relations to such a place
    and next of being accused for nothing, insulted and having to find out the truth from others i also prefer not to have any relations

but that is my personal view in the same way it is my view that i have to keep going on supporting the lancers community and those which show fairplay and respect towards others

EDIT:

copied from another forum (because i dont want to send ppl there which might start trouble -> general statement and not directed towards anybody)

SWAT_OP-R8R:

TFL Roo-Avery:

MentalChaos:

First azza and knife are not admins at my site the only reason knife is there is because he talk to azza and got the stuff for my forums he took from me when he locked me out. I am very reasonable, as long as knife wil cause no harm I told him I would not bother him. Swat on the other hand, first day the site was up and comes in and starts flaming and starting his crap, so i removed his post and pm him he came back in and reposted it so I banned him. And as far as tech 1 and 2 they are friends of mine from canada I would be more then happy to provide emails or even ts if it would shut some ppl up. I went outside of the fl community to get help because its obvious most of my staff are 2faced. If anyone wishes to prove me wrong then come on talk to me, I will work to do whatever is necessary to bring lancers back and it will. After all the idiots that were flaming on the site to begin with, they broke it down to the point of somewhat no return and all the so called tlr staff and fanatics ran away like usual. Now I am here picking up what they dropped and they try to make me out to be the bad guy, I dont think so . . anything i have said to swat in irc he deserved, I should be cursing a whole lot more by the way ppl have treated me and the site.
    Roo, just so you know I dont have a problem with every one at starport mainly my ex staff, thats it. Me and LS talk on msn about things and this community, so I would appreciate if you have a concern regarding Lancers please ask me first so you can get the real story, not from some second hand wannabe, who thinks they know whats going on.

ThankYou

MentalChaos

FriendlyFire:

Just so you know Mental, I have no problem with TLR and wish you luck. Competition always has been healthy for everything and this is no exception. I left the team because the decisions taken there no more reflected my own mentality. We parted ways, so to speak. I keep no hard feeling against either you or the site itself and wish this feeling to be shared between all of us. Remember negativity only brings corruption and eventually can lead to destruction.

As such, may the Freelancer saga continue on without further harm.

Sincerely,
    FF

MentalChaos:

I like that, I agree FF I have no qualms I understand it was more of some issues being forced on the remaining admin team. I think at that time, I got a little annoyed at the fact someone just rolled in and tried to run things. I was a little DOH!
    I think thats what sparked me into looking for a new host because I needed to have control of my site. and so the rest is history, and as you say we are all a community, even though I have been told by swat that TLR was being excluded from this alliance thing. But perhaps I will take my own advice and ask for myself, as it was second hand. I look forward to bringing the community together it was my main purpose from the get go I just got a little lost, but hey as we say heres to new beginnings!

Cheers Mate

MentalChaos

DwnUndr:

MentalChaos:

I will not apologize for what the TLR community has done over the past few years I was not and admin or owner. I have the site for only a few months and most were only looking out for their own good.

{ A nice second step from the newest TLR would be to recognize that and point people here rather than restart your own list.}

what list are you refering to?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i would like us to wait and see what develops over the next - lets say - 60 days. so i voted "Do Nothing" (for the moment).

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I voted do nothing as well.

Unless BP or Eraser come back and take over the site I say let it go and be done with it. WE the FL players do not need the fighting and name calling that is on TLR non-stop. If I have something to ask or need to look up something I forgot (Old age) then I come here and IMO so can others as well. The tutorials are clear and the Downloads section is getting more tools etc. for modder's. Minus the non-stop backstabbing and flaming [3] Swat-Portal is where I come now for FL. Well here and Freelancer Community site.

• doing nothing unfortunatly does not change this crap situation
    so TLR can continue no matter how bad it is for the FL community

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• As bad as the situation is now with TLR is still think that we should try to get along with them. Maybe not for our won interest - but more for the interest of the communities outside.

The bad connection to Mental maybe reflects nothing good back to SWAT - at least some people may think that because of less details they have - and you know bad rumors spread well and fast :)

I furthermore dont know if we should do the first step as it was mostly their fault to the nowadays situation... but a good connection is better than the opposite...

• This is the choices given and my opinion:

"Do nothing"
    will give us time to see what the development is about LR and LR owner/admin - we might come to the point and see it will take a turn into a better direction. if not we can still do nothing about them and continue to build up SWAT alternatives and relations to other site owners beside LR...

"Try to get along with them again"
    impossible at the moment, because mental banned Op from LR

"Refuse every relation with them"
    not an easy one to do that and also keeping FL players together worldwide. it would need to build up a decent framework of sites for FL.

"Refuse every relation with them and other communities which have good relations to TLR"
    even worse for FL than only refusing relation to LR at all (FL communities might be split up into a pro LR and con LR fraction)

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Do nothing also might mean that TLR does cause more damage... in the same way it did in the past half year.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I`ve voted to refuse every relation with them (Option 3)
    Allthough i don`t understand much of whis whole mess, i do understand this: If we don`t stop TLR or at least cease all relations with them, SWAT & the other FL communities myight get pulled down with TLR.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• I voted 3, I don't think these community has the time to relation with them, there's a lot of projects to take ahead here already and all the help you have ever offered was always misunderstood ed (maybe because of your bad temper bad that's another business).

To be true for me LR is death since Baked Potato has gone.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• i have not visited LR for a while now - simply because it did not offer anything i was personally interested in. so i spare my limited time on other places.

but if doing nothing wouldn't help to stop them causing damage, then to refuse any relation as SWAT site to LR would not help to stop them doing anything that is bad for FL, too.

i saw the option "Do Nothing" rather as not to close the door for LR.

u see, it is basically the only option i have left in this poll, when i do not want to say "no" right away to any step LR might go towards us anytime sooner or later.

to get along with LR right now is still impossible, when LR bans Op - at least it is much of a challenge^^

i do not like to be opposite to most of the ppl here, but since this is a vote i will accept and help to carry out what we decide here. one thing u can take for sure: SWAT is my home where i feel comfortable.

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• TLR as we knew it (mega-resource for all FL information) is already dead; its walking corpse merely has the name tag embroidered on its tunic. The best thing SWAT can do for the FL community is to leave the corpse to fall off the inevitable cliff, while we continue to build our database, develop new projects, and provide support for modders. If someone finally re-animates the corpse into something recognizable, they will either tell us, or we will hear of it. No need to waste any effort building fences around it meanwhile, and risk having the stench of death saturate our own uniforms...[690]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

Originally posted by RogueJet
    I`ve voted to refuse every relation with them (Option 3)
    Allthough i don`t understand much of whis whole mess, i do understand this: If we don`t stop TLR or at least cease all relations with them, SWAT & the other FL communities myight get pulled down with TLR.

Im with Laser on this one....and I voted the same way.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I voted 3 as well, and I too agree with laser and OP, doing nothing is the worst thing for everyone, at least members here can see progress, have a say in issues and that has to be good for FL in general.

• I'm in with the rest of the #3s..

1) I don't think they deserve relations with SWAT, given their past and current actions.

2) CA is right, they are a walking corpse whose only claim on the real TLR (the old one) is the name.

3) I have a tremendous problem with the fact that Mental has former TLR HACKERS working on his site. This could be dangerous for SWAT and any community that has relations with them..

4) Refusing to acknowledge TLR will eliminate a ton of stress and aggravation to you, OP, and SWAT can only benefit from that..

5) And not seeing another goddamned thread about those idiots will be a wonderful exclusion to the SWAT Forums.

Let them go, Let them die.. cause I can't stand the stench anymore.. [1]

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• What if...

What if ownership were to pass on to someone else. Someone more open to change and cordial relationship with the rest of the FL community? I'm not suggesting that we ask Mental to step down; what if there were a... coup détat of sorts?

I can't give up on TLR. For me, it just holds too much sentimental value. So what if it's a corpse? I'll take care of it anyway. No, we need to fight (literally, if need be) to regain TLR! That's my view, anyway.

MK

[GLOW=green]"If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable." -Star Trek: Birth of the Federation[/GLOW]

• @ mknote

Dude.. seriously.. why in the hell would someone want to try a takeover of TLR??? We've got everything we need right here already..

You may have some sentimental love for what used to be, but things change M8.. sometimes drastically.. and not for the better.

The SWAT community has seen what kind of back-stabbing, asinine jerks the people at TLR have become, and some of us believe we don't need to be tainted by TLR anymore.

So, you just do whatever you think you have to do.. but, this thread is about what SWAT is gonna do.. and it ain't about trying to salvage the empty shell of TLR..

The decision at hand is how we will deal (or not deal) with them from now on.. and it doesn't include 'what ifs'..

Sorry M8.. I know this is probably a bit harsh.. but whatever they get now, TLR has had coming for a long, long time.. and truthfully, SWAT didn't create their problems.. and we ain't gonna keep trying to fix them either.. that time is OVER.

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• Mizi hit it right. We in this community here are a strong family and yes we kick, fight, scream, shoot each other and hell, Lucy even does the occassional "drive-by" shooting herself. Aside from that, we also sat here and watched TLR intentionally try to poison SWAT and just short of an all out campaign to castrate Op from the community as a whole.

Several of us from SWAT went to the TLR forums and offered suggestions, advertisements and offered assistance to TLR, only to have our threads deleted, to be flamed by the Moderators and told our ideas wont work.

Well, guess what....our ideas work and the proof is right here in SWAT. We have a multitude of modders from several communities who we are in PARTNERSHIP with to keep FL moving forward for a LONG time, not only on CF, but THEIR mods as well.

Its all about TEAM WORK and TLR hasn't a clue what that is.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.