Star Trek "Legends" FL TC

There are 28 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Greetings.
    I have an ambitious project in mind for a TC for freelancer. A complete Star Trek
    TC, I am tentatively calling "Legends" for the moment.
    Would like to make this as complete Star Trek Universe as possible, from ships, weapons, and most importantly, accurate (as possible) star systems.
    A couple things I would like to make happen that differs from freelancer:
    #1 a way to remove jump holes/gates, and instead implement special warp engines that will act as the warp to other sections of space. extra coding would need to be done to include a menu for activation of the warp, and menu for destinations. Obviously this part would be a bit of work. Since the mode of travel in star trek is not jump gates/holes for the most part, (other than transwarp from the borg etc) i feel this is necessary. Of course if the pilot has not been to an unknown part of space, you cannot just warp there. Possibilities include buying data with star system info allowing warp to those places. (sold by wandering ferengi merchants to select bases no doubt..) I basically want a more star trek mode of travel.
    #2: Coding so that you can Scan planets, black holes, anomalies, etc. This would be coded also so that you get a data block for each scanned item, allowing to be either sold or given to your faction for exchange in unlockable gear to outfit your ship, etc.
    #3: Comms. Would like the comm to be re-coded to allow for "Hails" of vessels, with a menu for discussion with the other ship. coding would allow for differing reactions dependent upon what you choose in menu to say. this would result in points either - or + for your rep with that faction.

All this is a bit involved, no doubt, but should be possible in some form with what can be done with FL.
    I really want this to happen, and am doing what I can on my own, However I could use some help. If you have the knowledge in any area to help with this project please let me know here. At some point I will implement forums for it.
    Thank you, and any comments are appreciated.

gomtuu wandering npc:

borg transwarp:

Edit Notes:
    Due to limitations and after consulting Lancer Solurus and SWAT_OP-R8R, I will most likely try to come up with special effects ie ale edit to add some sort of warp look to the cruise. Without source code, and newer tools, i am not certain that some of the above proposed can be done, but I will still try.

Story: Part of the story will be centering the "idea" of what is going on around the idea that the Borg have become prevalent in most systems in some way, and have assimilated numerous of the core worlds. (There will be 2 factions of Borg. The Collective, and The Borg Resistance. The BR will be neutral so that you can have borg ships if you like). This is only one portion of the story. All aspects of
    Star trek will be in place however, The neutral zone, different races, this is going to be a very huge mod with all new commodities reflecting items in the ST universe, ships, star systems and worlds, ST music and sound fx, weapons, you name it.
    More to come as dev allows.

• dont think that its a good idea to link to TLR
    most ppl here dont like that place and dont like to go there

better post the info and pics here aswell

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• and no offense but the design sux

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

• no no hip0 ;)

Screens are looking good... go ahaead m8.
    I just want to have the saying of kirk and spok inside this mod^^

• everytime a ship explodes: "He is dead, Jim"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by hipogriff
    and no offense but the design sux

Well, please understand that this is all WIP. Which part(s) do you not like exactly? I never mind input of any kind. Please elaborate.

And yes, I do plan on using star trek sounds, "he is dead jim" would be hilarious! :D

• I already saw uglier cmps in many mods around here... go ahead m8 ^^

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• Also please be aware that in the screenshots the old st ship you see was used for testing, and the engines/effects will not look like that. plus there will be literally tons of ships from different eras of ST to choose from, from federation, to vulcan, and so on. Additionally, hipogriff I had asked you to reply here about your statement, so you could elaborate. Either you haven't been on, or you do not
    have the interest to reply. Frankly saying "no offense but it sux" is like telling an obese person "hey, no offense lard butt, but you are fat as hell". If you wish to criticize at least elaborate upon your input so i can make changes. I have no problem with constructive criticism.

Originally posted by Blaster
    Three-of-one, no need to report a post on someone's opinion ;) majority and myself believe that it is a nice design :)

Blaster

Understood, however it annoys me to no end when someone
    makes a one line post saying "it sux" then does not bother to elaborate on what exactly they do not like. Such people are a detriment to forums everywhere and I for one have no use or tolerance for such people. Frankly, the way he went about it hardly counts as an opinion considering he did not elaborate.
    But I digress. I am glad that the majority like what they see so far. :D

• Well, this alien ship is like an Easter egg. The gate way i see on the screen is having strange texture. I would like to have for example as in CF the old fashion starlancer gate way. May be there should be some improvize in making the new models not copying 1:1 from the original one. But do whatever you want. Modders do that.

---------------------------------------ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็_(ツ)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Originally posted by hipogriff
    Well, this alien ship is like an Easter egg. The gate way i see on the screen is having strange texture. I would like to have for example as in CF the old fashion starlancer gate way. May be there should be some improvize in making the new models not copying 1:1 from the original one. But do whatever you want. Modders do that.

Ok, thank you for elaborating. The only thing is:
    The Gomtuu ship is based accurately upon what is seen in star trek, as will be everything in this mod. (Gomtuu is the "easter egg" ) Good news is, there WILL be custom ships for strange alien species that i will make that are non-canon, that perhaps you will like better. Remember however, this is a Star Trek, total Conversion, and I want to make it as accurately ST as possible. As far as the gate, that is simply the Borg transwarp, and I think you will like it better in game up close, as it has borg textures. They are hard to see unless in game and right up on it. Thank you very much for your input however, it is appreciated. I will be trying very hard on this mod, and you can expect great things from it as far as Star Trek accuracy(as much as possible). If you like Star Trek, you will love it, if not, then who can say :D
    Peace

• Well Three-of-One.. as a huge fan of Star Trek, I'll be interested to see your progress with this mod. The screenies you provided already have gotten my attention.. I've always wanted to own the Enterprise..lol.

Keep up the good work, M8 :D

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• Screens showing improved navmap (removed the names like rheinland etc)
    Also showing Miranda type Starfleet ship in various encounters, also showing Borg Transwarp up close to show texturing.

• Very nice M8.. I like! :D

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• why is it green when jumping?

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• lol

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \