cf server down? or just me?

There are 18 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by goodone.

• Hello i was on server this morning and i got kicked from server and since then every time i launch CF multiplayer and go onto internet or lan the server doesnt appear. i have also tried direct connect with the CF IP but it still doesnt appear. is it a problem with the server or is it just my pc playing up?

• Server was down due to transfering files, but now is back again. Try again and you will be able to connect...you dont need directconnect as CF launcher have it allready

• ive gone onto freelancer and gone onto multiplayer but no servers appear ive tried rebooting the pc and it still doesnt work. anyone got any ideas?

• server down? c'mon op's moving a lot of files. he said something like 40gigs this time...

just be patient and [SIZE=4]DON'T PANIC![/SIZE] :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• nope, server is working just fine. it did change the ip address, but update fixes the issue anyway.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• when u tried direct connect, how did u do it?

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• i went into drive C:programfiles/microsoftgames/freelancer/EXE/fldirectconnect i then typed in the crossfire IP then clicked ADD SERVER then i clicked launch freelancer. the CF update window poped up so i let it update and then launched multiplayer when it loaded i went onto multiplayer then internet let it load and no servers appeard i then tried looking on LAN but nothing appeared on there either.

• ok, u will have to use that again. new server ip is: 87.106.211.192

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• well, if it isn't ur firewall or net settings causing the issue, u will have to install everything again, unfortunatelly. i can't think of anything else that's simple and can b done by a user, at this moment, sorry.

b sure too save ur mp-id.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• ok il uninstall it all and redownload the CF1.7client and CF1.7a patch il post again afterwords to tell you if its worked or not.

thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Mr-psycho
    no not working i launch CF let it update and launch CF multiplayer and nothing appears on multiplayer no servers at all.

please check if u updated to launcher V1.6:

- start launcher (check title bar for version number) and let it update
    - proceed to the game menu screen and end the game
    - start the launcher again and check for version 1.6 (if not ur update does not work properly)

u will need V1.6 as all version before do not connect to the new server (due to change in IP address)

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• ok i have completely reinstalled it all and the version of the patcher is 1.54 but i let it patch and it went to 1.56 and the server appears.

thanks alot for all youre help and il cya on the server. :D

• the directconnect that comes with FL does not work with FL... u dont need to tell ppl they should try that
    it simply doesnt work

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah it was my mistake, i thought he messed something using it, so i was just making sure... but who knows what the issue was really...

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po