FL on widescreen

There are 55 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• No problem, Pakundo.

It sounds as though you knew the answers before you asked, but good luck in your efforts!

:)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Black...major kudo's for the widescreen tutorial...Crisper, sharper, and more screen real estate, gotta love it, cheers.

Also, thank U to Bullwinkle for your efforts on the Font stuff...

Anyone willing to increase the joy of playing FL will definitely have a seat at my table...

...I'd even go as far as giving you my sister's phone number...

...Just don't tell her you got it from me... ;)

• Now the screwed up camera angle when you first log-in on the server and show up on a station or ship is what chaps my rear, I have to park only on planets, bases and ship that have the launch icon being on-screen first, otherwise I have to jack with y resolution on-screen in order to get out!

The reason for this...

There is a variable in your saved game that causes this and once you launch to space the top menu resets to new setting.

I made these changes after I played for a while so I have to do this everytime I play because I didn't want to start all over again.

I can live with this minor inconvenience...now if I can only find a way too live with those irritating bitchslapping hostile IC aliens, I'll actually sleep at night. :)

• After a ton of complaining and not providing the info you need to help me, I finally decided to just go ahead and take some pictures.

Before you look at them, first know that the font sizes are no problem.
    My problem is with the menu positioning.
    It just puts on letterboxes instead of making it a wide view. See for yourselves.

Edit: I hope the fact that I'm playing Discovery too won't offend anyone..

Too much gets chopped off.

Did anyone here encounter a similar problem?
    Maybe you found a solution?

I've been here since Crossfire 1.5 - 2005.
    Good times.
    Maybe it's time to come back?

• I finally decided to just go ahead and take some pictures.

My problem is with the menu positioning.

It looks as though your FOVX values are wrong. Show us your cameras.ini.

JFLP is the easiest and best solution for widescreen support.

The second best choice for your screen (1280x720) is to use the 16:9 values for FOVX that I gave you when you first asked: FL on Widescreen, Post #26

; ===========
    ; For 16:9 use:
    ; ===========
    [ThirdPersonCamera]
    fovx = 86

[TurretCamera]
    fovx = 86

[RearViewCamera]
    fovx = 86

[WinCamera]
    fovx = 69

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Can someone give me the values for a 1366 x 768 moniter, I have messed around with it for a while but no cigar. It is a TV screen BTW.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• cameras.ini

Code
    1. [WinCamera]fovx = 69[CockpitCamera]fovx = 86znear = 2.000000[ThirdPersonCamera]fovx = 86[DeathCamera]fovx = 86

fonts.ini

Code
    1. [TrueType]nickname = ButtonTextfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.037392[TrueType]nickname = PageHeaderfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.036500[TrueType]nickname = SubHeaderfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.022500[TrueType]nickname = ItemNamefont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.020000[TrueType]nickname = ListTextfont = Arial Unicode MSfixed_height = 0.019807[TrueType]nickname = ToolTipfont = Arial Unicode MSfixed_height = 0.020000[TrueType]nickname = Rolloverfont = Arial Unicode MSfixed_height = 0.020000[TrueType]nickname = HudSmallfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.019500[TrueType]nickname = MissionObjectivefont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.029883[TrueType]nickname = Normalfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.021500[TrueType]nickname = NewsMissionfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.021000[TrueType]nickname = NewsTickerfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.019500[TrueType]nickname = PlayerNamefont = Arial Unicode MSfixed_height = 0.017500[TrueType]nickname = TradePlayerNamefont = Arial Unicode MSfixed_height = 0.017500[TrueType]nickname = DebugTextfont = FixedSysfixed_height = 0.016100[TrueType]nickname = ConfirmPlayerTextfont = Arial Unicode MSfixed_height = 0.021467[TrueType]nickname = ConfirmTextfont = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.021467[TrueType]nickname = NavMap1600font = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.018250[TrueType]nickname = NavMap1024font = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.018000[TrueType]nickname = NavMap1280font = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.022075[TrueType]nickname = NavMap800font = Agency FBfixed_height = 0.020625

PerfOpts.ini Display part:

Code
    1. [Display]
    2. size= 1366, 768
    3. color_bpp= 32
    4. depth_bpp= 24

good luck.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Dude, you are officially my BEST FRIEND! IDC if I hate you in RP, in RL YOU ARE AWESOME!

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• Its kinda off.

• So guys how should I config *.ini files for 1920x1200.

There is some values on page 1 (says fovx should be like 70....., while on some other forums I saw 65.55 as recommended value for 1920x1200 res and I don't want to do anything unless I am certain), that no one cared to comment whether they are working or not. And there is this discussion between 2 people (one claiming menus are croppef off, other saying he should give more details) and between those 2 I kinda got lost. So I would be very happy if someone can make a post says,

for 1920x1200 you should do thesee.

fovx should be

bla bla bla

other .ini should be

bla bla bla

etc.

• So guys how should I config *.ini files for 1920x1200.

The only thing to change is the fovx values in Cameras.ini. Fonts are unimportant because the *height* of your screen is only slightly taller than 1280 x 1024.

1900x1200 is 16:10. Either use the 16:10 values or, better, use jflp.dll.

Luckily, jflp.dll is built into Crossfire. Unfortunately, the version of jflp.dll in Crossfire is bugged, but OP has the fixed version.

So just bug OP to put the fixed version into the Launcher, and you will be done!

• Well, I was vary of jflp as I heard (in another forum) that it can cause instability in freelancer (ie frequent crashes) and might register as cheat on some servers, so (as I am going to start playing with Crossfire as soon as it finishes downloading) I did not wished to get banned just for resolution's sake.

However if it is integrated into the mod as you said then there is no risk. I will try using it (as soon as finish downloading crossfire) and post here again if I fail to use it.

• There is nothing wrong with jflp. It is completely stable. And it is by far the best way to get wide screen support in Freelancer.

Here is another thread about jflp for Crossfire which includes a working DLL.

The only problem is the that the launcher overwrites the DLL, so the bottom line is that you still have to wait for OP to release the fixed version.

• Well, I was vary of jflp as I heard (in another forum) that it can cause instability in freelancer (ie frequent crashes) and might register as cheat on some servers, so (as I am going to start playing with Crossfire as soon as it finishes downloading) I did not wished to get banned just for resolution's sake.

This is because a lot of people have no idea what they are talking about and are a bunch of clod fisted baboons that have no idea what the software does in the first place, this regarding the information you read elsewhere. JFLP is fine, i've been using it since it came out and works in any resolution i've tried at least. Now before someone shoots me down in flames, not tried it in Crossfire as i believe OP has his own version of widescreen support included, and JFLP could cause issues with Crossfire so best to let OP sort that out.

To clarify, a lot of other mods don't make huge changes to the FL files, so a bit of knowledge helps before using JFLP. For a start it won't cause instability (unless it overwrites something, that's when problems occur), server programs will not pick up this as a cheat because it isn't, only a server program that checks files on the client might do that and i for one won't have a program like that installed. A lot of mods already include this addon, mine included, so worth checking readme files of any other mod that you play and see if it's already there. I had a guy try to install it over the files in my mod and was wondering why he was having problems. This is because hardly anybody reads the included readme files with mods, there is a reason we mod makers put them there :)

• Bit of a necrothread, but this was the most informative and recent thread about widescreen support I've found.
    Until the mod is officially updated, you can use HUD Shift to automatically re-arrange your HUD to fit in your widescreen resultion.
    I had to do this because no other option would allow me to play on 1920x1080 without the top and bottom being cut off from screen.

It's from the same author as the modfied JFLP.DLL that supports widescreen resolutions and which is said to be integrated in the mod with version 1.9, so should be relatively save to use. Just follow the readme.txt and you're good to go.
    However, as you're adding a DLL to the game, it might be regarded as a cheat and kickban you / destroy your life / divorce you from your wife and sell your house. Use it at your own risk, at least it was working for me yesterday for an hour or so without being kicked.

• Adding further dlls is considered cheating. You might do this for singleplayer. But i recommend to avoid it in multiplayer.
    Yes the widescreen support will be integrated into CF 1.9 and is already part of the current mod version (we heard its not working everywhere - but rechecked it with the new version. So wait until the new release will be available)!

signature.png