Editing Bribes

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Centaurian.

• Go to your DATA\MISSIONS mbases.ini file and look for bribes.
    They look like this
    bribe = gd_bh_grp, 10000, 16101

Ok now the middle number the 10000 is the amount for 10 points of rep. A bribe will only bring your rep up to 60 or 6ten units into the green. So if you are at total neutral or 0 it will only take you to 6ten units of green and at 10000credits for 1ten unit the total would be 60000 credits to buy that bribe.

If you are red to the faction you want to bribe say 8ten units then your bribe will move 14ten units so it would cost you 140000 credits to get to green with them.

Now if you have a mod and bribes at a cheap cost mess things up. Then instead of removing the bribes make them very expensive I have my bribes set at 150000 so a total neutral bribe will cost me 6x150000=900000 credits to bribe that faction. It would look like this bribe = gd_bh_grp, 150000, 16101

Or you could set bribes at bribe = gd_bh_grp, 1, 16101 and it would cost a neutral faction 6 credits to bring them to 6 ten units into the green.

Or Or you could set bribes at bribe = gd_bh_grp, 1000000, 16101 and it would cost a neutral faction 6000000 credits to bring them to 6 ten units into the green.

Remember when I say 6ten units I mean 60 rep points but I use the 6 ten units for easier calculation.

I hope this is helpful. I don't like bribes to much but it is apart of the game and in real life. I just made it more realistic in my view.

• what do you mean with "minus the rep"?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

what do you mean with "minus the rep"?

like an anti-bribe :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• yeah to remove some rep points from your rep.

Was the way Flak88 added rep removal so you can change faction tags in MP.

If you get full rep with Liberty Navy you show as Liberty Navy,
    the only way to remove the tag is to loose faction standing with them.
    Currently shoot there ships :P

So instead of Shooting them, place an npc on the base who when u pay him gives you a
    negative rep of say1 bar, this is enough so your still in standing with them but there no longer the most liked ie your no longer tagged by them in space.

• ok that would be new to me
    but thats coz i never cared about what tag is shown there

the 2nd number is the text shown when the bribe is offered (if i remember right)
    i remember that there are 3 such numbers that can be used

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ah yes i thought as much thx Op :)

The main problem i still can not get past is IDS creation.

Do you know a good tutorial to adding IDS names to an existing mod with custom DLL's :P

• all you need is the resource hacker
    that can open dlls
    and there you can enter new ids

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the 16101 refers to

You could stand to have a better reputation with %F0v1. I could hack your record for %d0 credits...that should clear things up. Of course that will make you less popular with %F1v1, %F2v1 and %F3v1. What do you say?

For a small contribution of %d0 credits, I could put in a good word for you with the rest of %F0v1. You should know that groups like %F1v1, %F2v1 and %F3v1 might look down on our little transaction. How about it?

You could stand to have a better reputation with %F0v1. I could hack your record for %d0 credits...that should clear things up. What do you say?

For a small contribution of %d0 credits, I could put in a good word for you with the rest of %F0v1. How about it?

and:

%F0v1 is the faction you are talking to

%F1v1
    %F2v1 - These are the factions that you will become unfriendly with, we assume they relate to F0's enemies
    %F3v1

• Is the procedure for info bribes [(i) icon] simlar to this? It would be useful to add info bribes to buy clues to new features, wrecks, etc. in the mod... :P

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)