X3 Reunion

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• OH OH OH, I have that game, and ive beaten it about 3 times, and that included the Bala Gi's missions, XDD. Where are you stuck at, I can probably help you out a bit

Originally posted by Kalisie
    OH OH OH, I have that game, and ive beaten it about 3 times, and that included the Bala Gi's missions, XDD. Where are you stuck at, I can probably help you out a bit

Glad you are here Kalisie I just ordered X3 it should be delivered in a few days. Now I know who to go to for questions on X3.

• I had X-3 Reunion for 5 days then I sold it. It was ok I guess, but I found it too easy. In the free play mode, all you have to do is find one of the abandoned ships and you've got it made.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
    - General George Patton Jr

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    - Attributed to General George Patton Jr

• the storyline is short... but if you really want to build up something BIG then i and spend several weeks playing it (day and night)

yes im talking about world(universe) domination which means economic and military power
    you could build up factory complexes with 500-1000 factories, a player HQ with the bala gi missions, you could try to get "rare" ships and items and you can buy your own system (for about 1 billion credits)

once you have build up all your factories and when you produced enough fighters + battleships you simply could set all factions to hostile any watch the show ^^

or you could try it the different way by collapsing the NPC market with your economic power (it should be possible)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i own that game and started to play it some time ago. but it is way too time consuming for me at the moment...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I used to own all 3 games..... I found X-2 The Threat to be my favourite one, it runs nice and smooth on an older system (which I had at the time) and it has an enjoyable (if short) storyline.

Originally posted by DC_Hägar
    i own that game and started to play it some time ago. but it is way too time consuming for me at the moment...

same happend to me, already had problems to finish the tutorial ;(

But the graphic seems to be very good...

• I still play X3/X2 and I think that they are good games

well ingame I use sometimes the script editor to get money and ewuipment

but in my newest save I have a large Imperium of 5 M2 the M7 a Compley which can produce all weapons shields and so on well I have this game started in november 2005 and I am playing since then I don´t know how much ingame hours I spend on it XD

• I have X3 and X2. Have finished the main storyline in both but stil haven't done the Bala Gi missions. So many games, so little time nowadays.

• the X stories 1-3 are not really that good
    the games dont tell them in interesting way... you can play through the story missions without the need of good ships and just in a few hours
    from all games X1 had the best storyline
    X2 was very disappointing since it was extremly short and left open way too many questions while the real answers that were expected from the open ending of X1 were never answersed

X3 was a bit better... but still very very short
    if i would start a new game i could finish the story line about 5 hours later (that means with getting the halfway good ship and equipment)
    bala gi adds a few hours more since the mission design is much different from the main story
    but again in X3 many questions are left open again

when you finished playing the storyline in those games then you should buy the books

"Farnhams legend"
    "Nopileos"
    "Yoshiko"

they tell the same story but in a very very excelent way... if the game story would have just half of the quality then X would be much more popular
    another downnode is the quality of the cutscenes
    the ingame graphics of X3 are simply impressive but the cutscenes look like from a 10 year old game
    low res crap

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I've been playing since X2 and have even done a little modding of X3 for myself. Nothing like Xtended's quality, but it has been enough for me.

Watch out for the new 2.5 patch coming soon 8)

• It's a good game to while away the weekends or summer holidays when you just feel like playing something relaxing lol

• I have heard rumours that X3 may be going online with a multi player mod.

I think this would be wonderfull to see but am not sure how it will work as the universe will just get to congested with so many factories and ships.

[5] Evil is just a word .. Me in a fighter is the reality [5]

[SIZE=3]BloodGuard Red Wing Leader[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ASF Fleet Commander[/SIZE]

• Yes it would get crowded, but could you imagine the fights if everyone set everyone else and everything else 'Hostile' the battle would be totally AMAZING boo yeah [7] [11]

FTG- WORKING FOR A BETTER FREELANCER
    8)

• I would love to play multiplayer on X3, although it would be a bit crowded it would still be an awesome game online, and the whole time accelerator and system jump thing would really be cool to have, XP

• To everyone who loves playing X3

Make sure you download the Xtended mod.

It adds so much more to the game including added missions, systems, ships, weapons..etc

I have now built up a massive fleet including several M2s lead by a argon/terran M0 which has 25 terrain m6s docked on board.

Im just about to wipe out all the yaki and steal their systems.

Xtended Mod Trailer Link

:D

[5] Evil is just a word .. Me in a fighter is the reality [5]

[SIZE=3]BloodGuard Red Wing Leader[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ASF Fleet Commander[/SIZE]

• i still have x3 installed with xtended
    but i dont have a real fleet since i didnt want to waste time with that until its time for it

i have:
    1 mega complex -> more than 400 connected factories
    2 big complexes -> 50-100 factories
    5 medium complexes -> up to 50 factories
    1 HQ

about 110 superfreighters (universe trader)
    1 argon m3
    1 argon m3+
    1 m5
    1 m7
    and a some TL

i stopped playing at a point when i lost interest but im sure that one day i start playing again
    and then the income should be more than enough to build up a giant fleet and destroy every system in x3 -> pure domination ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,