How are you supposed to explore?

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gay Clan Leader.

• This is my first post on the forums...I've been reading around some, and so far I'm impressed with CF..but I have one issue with it.

Why is it so hard? I'm using a Falcon that I picked up in Rhineland, and I can't even get to the new systems; the only one I've been able to enter is Quantos. Freeport 7 blasts me away as soon as I fly into it.

I'm probably doing something wrong as I'm new to the whole mod, but how am I supposed to stand a chance in a world where 6 Dom'Kvash fly up and take me out in 2 hits? In normal Freelancer I can usually go to Kusari space with no issues, now I can't even enter it without getting blown up.

I'm not looking to get flamed here, so if you want to chew me out for complaining or something...go elsewhere, I'm new to the mod, and like I said I might be the one at fault...but I'm really frustrated and I can't figure out how to even do anything without getting creamed. Are there any ships that can take a beating from these guys? I can't even avoid their shots for too long, they wipe me way too fast.

One guy gave me credits out of random, and told me I could get a trade ship or something to that nature; I'm somewhat glad I didn't do that because freighters didn't fight well at all in normal freelancer, you had to have some sort of fighter backing you up.

So, some insight to a newb would be much appreciated :D

My Rig: Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHZ | Abit AW9D MAX mobo | 2gb of ram | Radeon X1900XT | 2x250gb hard drives in RAID 0

My name is Deagleman on the server.

• my advise to you m8 is this..

its a challenge here, you learn through experience, and experience gains you knowledge and wealth, the things you need to be able to explore the newer systems and thier factions. where would the fun be if everything was handed to you within easy reach?

best way to get going here is to buy a small freighter and try your hand at smuggling the new commodities around the vanilla systems, as you get to know the server and the ppl that play here then you will quickly gain wealth. with your hard earned cash you can buy yourself an adequate fighter and rep hacks to gain you safe access to the new systems, safe from the npc factoins that is. then the real fun starts, with the added bonus of a continuing storyline......

see you in space pilot.

• I see what you mean, but aren't the Dom'Kvash hostile towards everyone, with no chance of becoming friendly? because that's the only npc faction that's giving me trouble...well them and the nomads. I can run away from Corsairs, Red Hessians, and those kinda guys with no problem at all.

I'll try the freighter thing out when I get a chance though, I need some guys to protect me, and hopefully I can recruit a few of my friends to take on that responsibility.

I wasn't really expecting the new systems to be easy to get to...but I thought I could at least get a glimpse of them for a while..the only one I could really hang out in was Quantos; just because it was so empty.

My Rig: Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHZ | Abit AW9D MAX mobo | 2gb of ram | Radeon X1900XT | 2x250gb hard drives in RAID 0

• there are ships and equipment that help you to survive against these enemy's but you need money for them, there are many people in this community that will more than happily help set you up with money and equipment as we all value new additions to our community here :]

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• Well...I think I found out why there's a ton of dom'kvash floating around new tokyo....guess I need to read the event page more :P

Also, Mu La Flaga, there aren't any new ships in the vanilla systems..are there? All I see are the typical Valkries, Falcons, and Humpback Freighters, all of which I have the money for.

I guess I'll just have to build up finances by transferring VIP's to luxury liners or something, so I can buy a ship that's worth flying in.

• 8o I see you may have learned 1 important lesson already...in a dynamic, changing universe....it always pays to get as much free info as possible (ie: good idea to check the news when you sign on) :D
    Good luck and welcome to CF m8

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Yeah, I also figured out how to make quick cash.... escape pods, prisoners, and VIPs. But the escape pods are way too hard to get because I think I have some lag issues on the server (My ping is about 150 )

Don, you're from the US, do you have problems with jittery ships? I'm not talking skilled ai, but ships that 'teleport' back and forth, and make really odd and erratic movements.

Also, does this mod have some sort of shield regeneration for npcs? I can't kill anyone as fast as I used to be able to because they recharge shields way too fast.

• Hi M8....yes I'm from US. I usually have a higher ping than that, so don't worry to much about that.To some extent the NPC's are jumpy due to the enhanced ai but also server load influences them as well. I can tell you there is deffinately a learning curve to get used to the game play (but if you try.....it does get better) And as you have already experienced, the NPC's here use botts and bats

CF is made to be hard, but if you like a clhallenge...well then you have come to a tough game with some even tougher players :D Feel free to ask questions ingame.....people probably won't (imo: shouldn't) make it to easy....but there are many people who will help in many ways

Good Luck brave pilot

{LP}Marauder{X}

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• So...uhh...I think I went way too far exploring, I thought I'd check out Bretonia and I ran into the Sol system (I won't say where, you guys know ;) )

I'm all like... D:

• your right there aren't any new ships in the vanilla systems but the eagle is a good ship to start with, its not a new ship but you'll live longer in it than most other vanilla ships :D
    By the way. a good way to make money is to take missions and then sell the escape pods at the nearest prison station.

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

...your right there aren't any new ships in the vanilla systems...

But there are new systems close to NY, where there ARE new ships. Best investment you can make early in your career is a top-notch scanner, so you can find those new jh's, and all that lies beyond them! As for recharging NPC's, just keep hitting them; they will run out of bot's & bat's eventually... [11]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• I believe I saw you on the server earlier this morning (around 2-3 am) Centaurian.

Well, Ideal_Food_Superpower helped me out in getting up to X 3043, so I now have a Sabre with 3 nomad blasters and a nomad cannon. from GalacticFire.

killing people got moderately easy...pretty fast :p

I think I've got the hang of the game now, thanks everyone for helping out :D

Now, I'm trying to get my friend to log on, but the problem is he's in New Berlin; and those of you who checked the news network know what's going on in there.

• Tau , my advice ( as apposed to Dopp's advise) is to dry your eyes wee man and play.
    If my clan still played this game we would gang rape you, steel your goods and laugh at your demise. Since we don't play , you are indeed lucky that that only the Dom K are annoying you .

no need for a Dopp update on this , please