New Wing Leader Project Adds Cockpit Enhancements & More Effects

There's another exciting batch of Wing Leader updates this week! Howard Day shares the details in a trio of updates below. The cockpits themselves look more lived-in and vibrant with a variety of tweaks concerning inertia, reflections and even a cool bubbly fluid ball effect on the Kilrathi designs. There's also a neat new way that the engine handles first to third person engine transitions as well as a revamped logo for Howie's alternative to Origin Systems. Watch the action live in the game's engine here.

New custom reticle for the Valtar, tuned the cockpit reflections, added some inertia to the pilot sprites, started adding a ton of sound effects, and did what I think is a pretty slick exterior camera transition. Lemme know what you think!

Last night Wing Leader update from me - new custom reticle for the Valtar, tuned the cockpit reflections, added some inertia to the pilot sprites, started adding a ton of sound effects, and did what I think is a pretty slick exterior camera transition. Lemme know what you think! pic.twitter.com/S90PLLj8UC

— Howie Day (@howieeday) July 26, 2024

Okay, I integrated some fake shader-driven fluid-filled balls into the Krant cockpit, added bubbles, and I quite like the result. A small detail, to be sure, but an interesting one.

Okay, I integrated some fake shader-driven fluid-filled balls into the Krant cockpit, added bubbles, and I quite like the result. A small detail, to be sure, but an interesting one. pic.twitter.com/7ygKTJa6Ob

— Howie Day (@howieeday) July 30, 2024

I updated the Wingleader Salthi and Dralthi cockpits to have the little lit colored bubbles I put in the Krant. I really like the asymmetry they add. Bonus - the cockpits all look like they're made by the same bunch of homicidal kitties now!

wc_uprez131t.jpgwc_uprez132t.jpgwc_uprez133t.jpg

Alrighty, here's the new animated World Root logo in situ, followed by the Wing Leader logo! I'm pretty happy with it. Enjoy!

Alrighty, here's the new animated World Root logo in situ, followed by the Wing Leader logo! I'm pretty happy with it. Enjoy! pic.twitter.com/Zadsosr4jz

— Howie Day (@howieeday) July 26, 2024