News categories list

Dec

Dec

Dec

Review 2016 / Preview 2017

Just about a week ago I announced another update that I want to release end of December 2016 or beginning Janurary 2017 (depending on how fast I can finish the development and how much extra content I decide to put in). This new update will introduce the "Dynamic Universe" feature to Crossfire 2.0. Some people might remember that we had a similar feature in Crossfire 1.83, long time ago. Due to the complexity of such a feature and due to other priorities, the "Dyniamic Universe" didn't make it

Nov

Oct

Sep

Sep

Jan

Dec

th_03192013_100319.jpg

I wish you a great Christmas time with your friends and families and of course a Happy New Year 2016.

Special thanks go to all little helpersCuriousMinionIcon2.pngwhich supported us, helped to keep everything running and worked on the Crossfire Mod and our game sections.

Have a great time!

Dec

Hooray, we have a teenager!

13 years ago a dream was born, a dream about a Community full of great people and lots of fun.
    Together we went through ups and downs, worked hard to create something impressive that people always will remember and enjoyed the fruits of this hard work.
    This community evolved into something great and after 13 years we are in a situation where we have so many options that its hard to decide.
    Whatever that future decisions will be, we keep moving forward, knowing that this is a place by the players for the players.

In the past years I often released impressive numbers about Portal visitors, mod downloads... etc.
    I'll skip that today.
    While these numbers are about the same as last year (slightly better) I consider them relative unimportant.
    You cant measure joy in numbers.
    People had the chance to discover all the new stuff in CF2.0 during the past year and also helped to make this mod even better.
    People also were active on the forum.
    This shows me that this is a

Dec

Twelve years ago this community went live.
    Since that we have achieved much and today it is time to look back, remember great times but also look forward to new tasks, to a new and even better future.
    The past year was incredible hard for us as developers and website staff members.
    This place has changed alot over the past year and we have done an incredible amount of work to bring it to this state.

Not only that we have a shiny new Portal with awesome performance and awesome functionalities... no... we also have Crossfire 2.0 running on our server, reached the highest possible rank in our Star Trek Online Fleet and have been voted into the Top100 of the Mod Awards for the 8th time.
    Thousands of working hours went both into the Portal and into the Mod.
    The new year will bring further improvements and of course a great time for our members.

But today... we all should lean back and enjoy the day.... celebrate another great year in this community.

Dec

Multiplayer Features / Community Content

2015 was truely was a year of detail improvements in Crossfire. After the release of the first beta version at the end of 2014 we got lots of player feedbacks and could observe how the Mod performs in our online environment. The step... or probably we should say the huge jump from Crossfire 1.9 to version 2.0 adressed many wishes and suggestions of our community at the SWAT Portal. Next to that we also wanted to redesign the complete Mod in order to look stunning and feel amazing.

Mar

Over the past 3 weeks ive done dozens of updates on the SWAT Portal and its associated websites.
    The updates reach from minor correction, security fixes, new features and some restructuring.

Most noticable today certainly is that our fellow bot ran amok.
    I completely replaced it with a new better working version which had to catch up some work.
    Its running smooth now and will support us here in a much better way than the old bot.

One of the big changes concerns mostly the players that are part of our STO Fleets. Here the member management has been completely recreated in order to do updates of the rank system on the fly and link everything directly with the SWAT community framework.
    I'll explain the details to the STO fleets later.

A new and certainly very interesting feature for all out members might be our new "Competition" system which allows us to run multiple leages here at the Portal.
    I think Freelancer Event Managers will find good use for such a feature.

Dec

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, a cool time with your friends and families, a relaxed time in the following days and of course a Happy New Year.

I also want to thank all the people that supported us this year, all the donors, the people that helped other players, the many of you that have voted for Crossfire this year at the Mod Awards.
    A special thanks goes to our Event Managers, the Portal Staff members which have supported me with this weeks Portal upgrade and all the Crossfire Development Team members which have done such an excellent job this year. Thank you all.