News categories list

Jan

We've just released the first patch for Nintendo Switch, bringing some new options settings, performance improvements and bugfixes. Have fun playing!

New Features

• Added Korean language support
    • Added special "retro graphics" option that is unlocked after finishing a hardcore mode run
    • Added an option to adjust the HUD marker size, and increased the default size of the HUD markers
    Tweaks
    • Improved performance e.g. when flying through asteroids and colonial stations
    • Improved texture quality of explosions and the trading vessel
    Bugfixes
    • Fixed time speedup bug that occured when having Time Extender activated and either destroying Okkar frigate turrets or Outlaw Snipers or scrapping a Shock Rifle Pro that is floating in space
    • Fixed no manufacturer being set for Plasma Powered Jump and Destabilizer Missile
    • Fixed that the labels for Use Consumable and Confirm were switched in the Gamepad Schemes menu

Mar

Apr

From April 12th at 8am PT to April 16th at 10am PT, we are having a 20% ship sale. Enjoy not just a discount on our ships, but fleet modules, dry dock slots and ship upgrade tokens as well! Have you been eyeing a new ship or ship bundle in the C-store? Now is the time to grab the ship you've always dreamt of commanding! All ships and dry dock slots in the C-Store are 20% off. This includes bundles which are comprised only of ships. This does not include bundles that have items other than ships in them. The ship upgrade token, ship upgrade token bundle, and the fleet module are all 20% off as well. Each time a player buys a Tier 5 ship, they will receive a free ship upgrade token. This only occurs when the Tier 5 ship is bought for the first time on an account. The Claim for this token will appear in the Promotions tab of the C-Store. When the player clicks claim, they will receive

Nov

The engineer Ram Tah has rejected an offer from the Sirius Corporation to support the manufacture of Guardian-human technology.

In a public statement, he said:

"These technologies, developed using principles discovered by the Guardians, are too important to become corporate products. I have no doubt that Sirius would aim for maximum profits, rather than using the knowledge to aid humanity."

"Using tech brokers to distribute the designs allows them to be widely available, and thanks to the generosity of Aegis, the tech brokers' costs have been reduced, making Guardian-human fighters and systems more affordable."

Li Yong-Rui, CEO of Sirius Corporation, has stated that his offer remains open, and that he hopes Ram Tah will have a change of heart.

Jul

albumkickstarter_goodies25t.jpgAs promised, Wing Commander composer George Oldziey has extended his weekly series of blogs with a new topic on the effects of the coronavirus. In his new article, he reflects on the impact to the industry and expresses gratitude for being able to work on a variety of projects like his Wing Commander remasters from the safety of his private studio. Check out his new post here.

My original training was as a performer (originally trumpet and now piano), and only much later in my life did I veer towards musical composition. I never abandoned my love of performing, which also gave me inspiration and motivation to compose music that I could perform myself...

Mar

Feb

Crossfire Version Story Chapters

Every version of the Crossfire mod introduced a new part of the Crossfire story. These Story parts leading from one version of the mod to the next are covered by the Crossfire Story Chapters. Together with the Crossfire Short Stories and the Crossfire Ingame Story they cover the full Crossfire Storyline. These three story elements are completely linked with each other.

Mar

Jun

Rule of Acquisition # 74: Knowledge equals profit. Any wise Captain knows that when a sale this good comes your way, it’s best to take advantage of it. We’re pleased to announce that Ferengi Merchants are putting a 15% sale on Keys from Tuesday, June 5th at 8am PST to Tuesday, June 15th at 10AM PST! Now is the best time for Captains to load up on your Keys and grab those ships you’ve been eyeing. Remember Captains, Rule of Acquisition # 22: A wise man can hear profit in the wind. Now is the time to act. .share-footer a { margin: 20px 10px 10px 0; background: url(d7afaaa14e96d0d973f76157ae31ec5b1466398539.png) no-repeat 0 0; opacity: .5; display: inline-block; height: 60px; width: 60px; padding: 0; border: 1px solid transparent; -webkit-transition: opacity .3s; transition: opacity .3s; } .share-footer .TI { background-position: 0 20%; } .share-footer

Mar

KrisV noticed that the popular LGR video game Youtube channel frequently provides a glimpse at a retro poster that seems to sport a Vampire from Wing Commander Prophecy. Upon closer investigation, apparently a lot of people ask about that art, and so there's a whole video covering it! It turns out to not actually be a proper poster, but rather, a spread from the February 1998 issue of Next Generation magazine. One side has a table of dozens of new 3Dfx-enabled games while the reverse is a trendy collage with some of the hottest stars to be enhanced by the Voodoo chipset. This includes a nice Vampire nose and nacelle! There are also a handful of Prophecy screenshots intermixed throughout as well. We get a close look at the Midway's bridge as well as a Panther trailing a Hydra cruiser in these. Check out the full video below!

lgr_3dfxposter1t.jpglgr_3dfxposter2t.jpglgr_3dfxposter3t.jpglgr_3dfxposter4t.jpglgr_3dfxposter5t.jpg

Checking out the 3Dfx poster thing hanging up beside my IBM PC AT, since

Mar

Here's a gem straight out of the 1999 time capsule! It's from the May 24 issue of Video Business, a trade publication for the home video market that shut down in 2010. Everything about it screams "late '90s." TODAY'S HOTTEST YOUNG STARS! Freddie Prinze Jr. & Matthew Lillard of SHE'S ALL THAT!Trailered on Pushing Tin, Waking Ned Devine and Office SpaceAvailable Day and Date on DVD!The actual release happened on July 6. I remember we were all pretty darn excited that day, but not as excited as this poster ever was!

videobusiness_vhst.jpg

"Starship Troopers" Meets "Top Gun" in this $12 Million Box Office Blast! is a trade advertisement announcing the VHS release of Wing Commander.

Jul

Mar

Apr

Sep