News categories list

Dec

Mar

Mark Gabby-Li has a great physical Banshee model to share today. It might look like it came out of a bespoke kit, but this is actually made just from Snapships parts! Last year we highlighted how these new space toys could be tweaked to build some more familiar designs, and it's wonderful to see fans taking up the challenge. And that papercraft Banshee on the side is pretty slick too!

snapships9t.jpg

My first attempt at a remix of a spaceship from (relatively) popular culture: Wing Commander IV's Banshee!

You know, making fan models of spaceships with Lego or Snapships feels a little like a sort of poetry.You are trying to capture the essence, as the pieces you have limit your ability to perfectly replicate it.

May

Mar

Nov

wcso_shipupgrade224t.jpgThe year is quickly drawing to a close, so Wingnuts once again have a chance to pick their top fan projects and/or websites of the year. Before the voting gets going later on, everyone has a chance to nominate some of the undertakings that they think should be recognized. Send your recommendations to

news@wcnews.com

and let us know! Here's a rundown of the past winners to jog your memory.

Mar

Feb

May

Jul

Jan

strikecommander_vr4t.jpgFabien Sanglard has posted a great podcast interview with former Origin programmer Frank Savage. The main purpose of the conversation was to learn more about Strike Commander, but there's also wonderful information about Origin as a company, the technology of Wing Commander 3 and Mr. Savage's later work on Xbox. The whole recording close in at more than 70 minutes, but there's also a transcript you can skim to get the gist of it. Check it out here!

Frank Savage: So at that time I was a hobbyist game developer. I taught myself C and C++. My education was in Electrical Engineering. So I knew the mathematics behind 3D stuff, but I had never applied it. I never tried to do anything with it except for a couple of courses in college. I was a huge fan of the Wing Commander series. I had Wing Commander license plates on my car in Illinois where I was living in Chicago at the time. I would go to GenCon every

Nov

During the upcoming 2018 Winter Event, players participating in the festivities available at Q’s Winter Wonderland can earn Winter Prize Vouchers (2018) by running the “Fastest Game on Ice” once per day. Earning a total of 1000 vouchers will allow players to complete an Event Reputation project that rewards a Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship [T6]! Once this starship is obtained by any character on your account, all of the characters on your account will be able to claim the Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship [T6] from the Account Claim tab within the Event Store (in the Event Reputation window). We are also excited to announce that this starship will be the available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on the same date! Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship [T6] The Fek'Ihri S’torr Warship is a fearsome Fek'Ihri design, with highly specialized technology onboard that shows why the Fek’Ihri have been haunting the

Feb

Jun

Victory is Life is now live on PC, and we’re so excited that you all can join us in the Gamma Quadrant. We hope you have fun with your new Jem’Hadar Gamma Recruit, and show the Hur’q what the Dominion and the Alliance are made of! As a measure of improving moral in the battle against the Hur’q, we’re providing you with a Victory is Life Wallpaper for your desktop to spread the spirit and immerse yourselves even further in the world of Star Trek Online: Victory is Life! You can find the wallpapers here .share-footer a { margin: 20px 10px 10px 0; background: url(d7afaaa14e96d0d973f76157ae31ec5b1466398539.png) no-repeat 0 0; opacity: .5; display: inline-block; height: 60px; width: 60px; padding: 0; border: 1px solid transparent; -webkit-transition: opacity .3s; transition: opacity .3s; } .share-footer .TI { background-position: 0 20%; } .share-footer .YT {

Jun

New Featured Episode: Home The new Featured Episode “Home” has been added to the Featured Episode tab in the journal. Travel to the Founder Home World to stop the attack from the Hur’q! This episode is available for level 10 Captains and above. For more information, please visit the “Home” blog at: It's Time to Go Home | Star Trek Online General: Cardassian Captains now have access to the classic Cardassian Uniform in the tailor. Resolved an issue that was preventing Romulan Captains from buying some Fleet ships. Jem’Hadar Captains can now alter the registry information for allied ships they fly. Updated the Razor Chroma Keyboard colors for Jem’Hadar captains. Resolved a number of issues where the episode journal tabs would not visibly update correctly for Jem’Hadar captains. Adding in some spots of missing VO throughout the new Victory is Life content. Resolved an issue

Aug

Nov

Jan