Another shift at Styx base

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AZ09.

• Oh great I thought, Another week of boredom at the GR base in Styx. Its my turn to run the base for a week. These were the thoughts running through |GR|Dented-ships head as he docked the Ragnarok gunship at the GR base. Dented made his way up from the docking bay to the main control room to see if any messages had been left by the last shift. Looks like none so another boring shift again. The first day was spent making sure everything was in order and sorting the sleeping accommodations. On the second day Dented settled himself into the main control room to monitor the known galaxy. The GR base has very powerful communications equipment and ship tracking systems in it. All seems quiet out there though. At least the main control room offered a view looking out at the dimensional rift. The only break in the boredom sometimes is if a pilot gets in trouble heading through Styx system, the Nomads still think they have access to the base so hang around there quite a lot. After about 3 hours of staring out the window at the circling Nomads Dented noticed a strange signal on the communications equipment. It was faint and not very regular. Seems to be coming from a long way off. Hmm looks at bit weird thought Dented. Its so faint it might have been overlooked before. Dented then started looking through the logs of incoming transmissions to see if he could spot it in there. Yes it seems to have started 2 weeks ago and was very faint even back then. This requires further investigation thought Dented So he set about trying to track where the signal had originated from. Dented had the base comms equipment boosted to the maximum it could take. Any more power and the comms array would eject itself from the base. Well thought Dented, it looks like the signal is coming from the inner core sector. As the signal was logged Dented made the decision that he was going to have to fly out there himself and take a look. Dented then remembered that he had not taken his Ragnarok to the Inner Core sector before. He thought then that it would be best to seek out an experienced guide to take him through as it would save a lot of time. Dented sent out a message Sirius wide asking if anyone was heading into the Inner Core sector. Of course the first reply back was from |DP|Denne saying any help that was needed DP would supply. He then told me that DP was planning an expedition into the Inner Core sector very soon and that I was welcome to come along with them. OK replied Dented I just need to send a message to the GR CIC to inform him of what was happening.....

TO BE CONTINUED

• Seems like you forgot to label your alcohol there so the others know it's yours.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis