Storytrigger does not trigger [solved]

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• Hello it´s me again :/ I would like to have it otherwise

I´ll start off with the Shade, a nice ship, the vendor sells it being a light fighter, it uses a heavy fighter shield slot though Oo Also in its description it sais "heavy firepower" and... I have equipped adv. Tarantulas (lvl 6), energy-costwise these are on the level of some lvl 8 weapons, 4 refiring rate x 39 energy x 6 (weapons) to be exact. The bar of available weaponpower does not go down at all! Ok, this ship is supposed to have quite a bit power, I understand, but this? I don´t think it´s meant to be like this. I myself will enjoy it though x)

At least I want to... which leads me to my second problem: between mission 2 and 3, there is time for exploring and whatnot... so I explored, flew to prisons... got a nice ship and ~20 mill.... and now I´m supposed to fly to the California system, too meet Juni in the bar. After traveling via jumpgate from NY to California I should be immediately contacted by another freeport 7 survivor in his Rhino, who gets shot by "navy" ppl telling you to keep this quiet. When I traveled through the jumpgate nothing happens T__T and it sais fly to California, Juni obviously missing there, as the cutscene didn´t trigger...
    I was looking for similar problems, found smth in the old portal and... was not able to read it, as you have to be registered (which you are not able to). So I opened this thread... I already somehow managed to reinstall, I tried entering California as told multiple times, I loaded the autosave from entering the system again and again. I flew to the waypoints leading to the NY->California-jumpgate completely with f2, at the jumpgate I obviously had to press dock at some point though... nothing works. I also used an old mission save and... it works. Yeah, I could be happy, if I would not have invested time worth of 24 millions (3,9 ship)... my heart is crying you know and it´s pretty frustrating... Also, if I repeat this and invest my time, the same problem may occur yet again, so there´s no guarantee at all it seems...
    Ofc I wondered what could have caused the problem. All I did after mission 2 was flying to Texas, Colorado (and California) and exploring them all, mostly with the new ship. I also tried to access the Custodian jumpgate, flew back as it isn´t there and I know why. So what did I do wrong? :( I´m locked in 4 systems atm... otherwise I would have said **** ("skip" obviously) the story, but I´m also interested in the CF-storyline, so... do you have any suggestions for triggering the cutscene, please?... Thanks in advance, I found no desperately praying smiley to end this properly :eeeek: greetings

• Hi, didn't you used "OpenSP" switch in mod launcher? What you describe can make sense only if campaign script is not active at all. Box as you see on attached picture should be NOT CHECKED if you want play campaign.

• Can you please send me your save game (and also last mission save)? I'm quite sure that you are first with such issue and this sound weird a bit. Chosen ship should play absolutely not any role in this.

Btw: use autosaves is really not recommended, dunno why, but they are in some form corrupted or contains data which can do some further issues. IF cutscene not play, there must be missed some previous mission trigger. I want check your mission save (replay mission on my notebook). If you have some other save (manual) before you are asked to go to Cali pls send that one too.

• If I remember it right, you are first asked to go to Planet Manhattan and there you should get info go to California. Maybe issue is there, will see.

• @Forlon, you are correct, player should go to Manhattan first, that is where he will be told to meet Juni on Cali Minor.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• player should go to Manhattan first

That´s why I exactly wrote what cutszene is missing. I have been to Manhattan, I have talked to the bartender, who told me she´s waiting in California. With my first save the mentioned scene was simply missing and therefore the story broken. As I have been pessimistic about the chance to continue with this save and can say that it´s not the shade that caused the problem, I finished mission 3 and accomplished nearly as much... Originally I wasn´t sure if I´d invest the time as this was a major throwback, but... yeah... I just love FL and this mod, even with all these difficulties :)

I hope I got the upload done properly... 22:00 save is the broken one, the other one is the story 2 one, that I played until this point. If you want I can upload a save that entered/ended mission 3 without problems, being the mission 2 savepoint, the last one.

• I had the same problem like a decade + ago when I was playing through the campaign and it was due to the sound. Since the cutscene needs the sound to be properly triggered, check your audio codecs and also just in case see if you have the 3D sound enabled ingame, if it's enabled, disable it.

Edited once, last by ILIYAN ().

• Hmm, I fear that your game installation is bugged and it seems that story files are not correct or maybe you modified your game some way, bcs I simply undocked from Fort Bush, arrived to California and cutscene you mentioned started asap. No issues detected.

@Cryzis ... hmm, I have 3D sound on this laptop disabled, but I'm quite sure it's enabled on my desktop and there also were not any issues. But maybe this can help Sholva, bcs his saves are normally working here :|

Edit by
    Added save after dock on California Minor

• Hmm, tried that one (save) with Shade LF and nothing happened (no cutscene). Unsure what caused this, but obviously on this save are broken mission triggers for some reason.

• Yes, triggers are messed, see attached images. First one is from correctly working save, this second from bugged. I can imagine few possibilities for this, but all that are only blind shot guesses ... like using autosaves, or going into areas (like Custodian) which should be not accessed at that time. It's really hard to say what it was, you had quite allot moneys in bugged save and mission progress require much less, unsure how you did that.

• For this reason I wrote which is the bugged one, also in the zip description, but at least you figured it out^^ How I got so much money? Exploring asteroid fields and nebula of 3 systems, fighting and flying to Texas prison at convenient moments in between - just the normal stuff I´d say.

I had the same problem like a decade + ago when I was playing through the campaign and it was due to the sound.

It can´t be the sound, as the cutscene triggered on on save, didn´t on the other while both where experienced with the same audio configurations. Thank you both for the input though ;) I wonder... after mission 3, are you supposed to be able to get to the Oasis-System from Texas via jumphole? They popped up after that mission and yeah, got a new ship^^

Edit: Also a good way to earn money in SP is to jump between jumpholes/-gates where there are factions so friendly that they welcome you with opened fire, you can get a good amount of escape pods this way easily. For example NY->Texas, Texas->NY, NY->Texas... Outcasts seem to always have Sergeant pods (60k). That´s what I did this time. It´s faster, but you miss the joy of exploring end wrecks a little. You can do that in between though :)

• For this reason I wrote which is the bugged one, also in the zip description, but at least you figured it out^^ How I got so much money? Exploring asteroid fields and nebula of 3 systems, fighting and flying to Texas prison at convenient moments in between - just the normal stuff I´d say.

... so, hmm, how long time you ignored Juni's call to visit her in NY? I'm quite sure that "next" mission normally triggers after you sell first load of prisoners.

• Exactly^^ I ignored her since then. Reading your words I have to make sure that the next mission will trigger, as I ignored again for some time...

Ok, everything´s working fine :zocken: let´s hope it´ll stay like this. Yeah, I was reading about the autosave-issue... I was a glad user of them, found Freelancers´s savingrhythm very practical but since this experience I´ll better only use manual saves. Thanks again and have a nice weekend :)

• Really good to hear that!

In case it happens again, you can always reinstall^ ^. Because sometimes bad installation causes such inconveniences that are due to exactly corrupt installation. And again, in case it comes to that, be sure to remove the leftovers in the registry(I recommend Revo Uninstaller) and in C:/Documents/My Games/Freelancer (be sure to back up your saves because they are stored in there).

• In case it happens again, you can always reinstall^ ^

I did, it did not hel, I did try to reinstall as i wrote. Registry was cleaned before as advised

To make it short: nothing helped except using the previous mission game save. Maybe that´s a help for others... don´t earn to much money, don´ttt I dont know. Don´t advance too much Id say....

Seems I´m not able to delete comments, was a bit drunken yesterday lol. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the added save Martino Forlon! If I were more patient this would have been great :) cheers

• No issue with deleting comments (or merge them) :D and np (save). Enjoy SP Campaign play and hope you can give a try also for MP.

Edit by
    I may add one more advice and it is about not trying how much is possible "evade" missions scripts. Vanilla game could be somewhat benevolent and robust enough to deal with players tries, but CF pushed freelancer engine limits little too far to allow players "I want try all what is possible" without possible issues. There are ofc added security triggers, but, well, lets say that is recommended follow script orders when is player asked to do so :) . In majority of cases (if happen any issue) is enough use last mission save. I played SP countless of times and practically had no or very less issues which were coming mainly when we beta-tested mod, but is true that I mostly avoided "ignore" scripts orders bcs I knew what consequences it can have :) .

There are later in CF storyline given possibilities to freely explore (campaign is paused .. can explain this more if you want), so taking some advanced equip or ship for later campaign parts is not a problem.

• "I want try all what is possible"

Uhm... I played freelancer pretty standart^^ I just explored 3 systems (so I don´t have to later on), and to be efficient I killed stuff while doing so. I find it important to keep this experience within the mod? I for myself don´t look up wreck coordinates for example, or jumphole locations, I find them. That´s not trying to break the modding ;) But I get your point and will take care, thanks for adding this. I want to test out some crossfire ships in between the story before flying the high end stuff, so I had to get some credits for that^^ And I guess the money may have been the biggest issue of my playstyle creating the problem.
    I have a few days holiday atm, but then I´ll be really busy and... propably shouldn´t have started playing the mod at all^^ If there is more free time ll be glad to have a look into mp though :)

• ... And I guess the money may have been the biggest issue of my playstyle creating the problem. ...

Read this: Crossfire Short Stories Part XVII: New discoveries in the Sol system? and try think about this once you will be asked if want continue (Cutscene in CF added missions in Order HQ in Sol) ... say "No" and look little around :) . You can return to HQ and continue campaign (with few more $) :) .

.. CF background details: https://swat-portal.com/forum/cms/wiki/crossfire/campaign/

• Sorry but I won´t read this, I saw some spoilers of the cf-story incoming while reading the first lines. I assume you´re suggesting to explore later on, but this game, even if I really enjoy the storyline, is about exploring in the first place for me (even after doing that maaaany times :) ). Also I won´t use a Dagger (just as an example) when I finished the main story, but when it makes sense - I have to explore... I will hold back a little and use the break you mentioned. At least now I know that I can mess up things by doing so ;)
    One question: I learned about rapid fire, but there is very little information about this subject, even on google... Can you tell my how it works, why? All I know is that for some reason it is best to use rapid fire with guns having a high refire rate... also it does not seem to work with weapon groups.

Btw: Do you think money was the problem? You know I have cargo space of 170, this filled with life pods... could cause problems it seems?