Posts by Sholva RIchthys

Ok, thank you both, I mean I´m using it (may have been not clear enough here) but I wanted to use it the most efficient way, therefore I wanted to know the why. But if nobody knows... can you confirm it is more effective with fast firing weapons?
    And thank you for the video instructions Cryzis :) I think engine kill is not useful or even problematic in PvE, as in moments you don´t thrust you´re flying in a straight line, therefore being an easy target, but 1vs1 it´s a good thing and also it was a totally new experience on how to fly around. At first I got a little motionsick xD, but then got used to it. Cheers

Sorry but I won´t read this, I saw some spoilers of the cf-story incoming while reading the first lines. I assume you´re suggesting to explore later on, but this game, even if I really enjoy the storyline, is about exploring in the first place for me (even after doing that maaaany times :) ). Also I won´t use a Dagger (just as an example) when I finished the main story, but when it makes sense - I have to explore... I will hold back a little and use the break you mentioned. At least now I know that I can mess up things by doing so ;)
    One question: I learned about rapid fire, but there is very little information about this subject, even on google... Can you tell my how it works, why? All I know is that for some reason it is best to use rapid fire with guns having a high refire rate... also it does not seem to work with weapon groups.

Btw: Do you think money was the problem? You know I have cargo space of 170, this filled with life pods... could cause problems it seems?

"I want try all what is possible"

Uhm... I played freelancer pretty standart^^ I just explored 3 systems (so I don´t have to later on), and to be efficient I killed stuff while doing so. I find it important to keep this experience within the mod? I for myself don´t look up wreck coordinates for example, or jumphole locations, I find them. That´s not trying to break the modding ;) But I get your point and will take care, thanks for adding this. I want to test out some crossfire ships in between the story before flying the high end stuff, so I had to get some credits for that^^ And I guess the money may have been the biggest issue of my playstyle creating the problem.
    I have a few days holiday atm, but then I´ll be really busy and... propably shouldn´t have started playing the mod at all^^ If there is more free time ll be glad to have a look into mp though :)

In case it happens again, you can always reinstall^ ^

I did, it did not hel, I did try to reinstall as i wrote. Registry was cleaned before as advised

To make it short: nothing helped except using the previous mission game save. Maybe that´s a help for others... don´t earn to much money, don´ttt I dont know. Don´t advance too much Id say....

Seems I´m not able to delete comments, was a bit drunken yesterday lol. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the added save Martino Forlon! If I were more patient this would have been great :) cheers

Exactly^^ I ignored her since then. Reading your words I have to make sure that the next mission will trigger, as I ignored again for some time...

Ok, everything´s working fine :zocken: let´s hope it´ll stay like this. Yeah, I was reading about the autosave-issue... I was a glad user of them, found Freelancers´s savingrhythm very practical but since this experience I´ll better only use manual saves. Thanks again and have a nice weekend :)

For this reason I wrote which is the bugged one, also in the zip description, but at least you figured it out^^ How I got so much money? Exploring asteroid fields and nebula of 3 systems, fighting and flying to Texas prison at convenient moments in between - just the normal stuff I´d say.

I had the same problem like a decade + ago when I was playing through the campaign and it was due to the sound.

It can´t be the sound, as the cutscene triggered on on save, didn´t on the other while both where experienced with the same audio configurations. Thank you both for the input though ;) I wonder... after mission 3, are you supposed to be able to get to the Oasis-System from Texas via jumphole? They popped up after that mission and yeah, got a new ship^^

Edit: Also a good way to earn money in SP is to jump between jumpholes/-gates where there are factions so friendly that they welcome you with opened fire, you can get a good amount of escape pods this way easily. For example NY->Texas, Texas->NY, NY->Texas... Outcasts seem to always have Sergeant pods (60k). That´s what I did this time. It´s faster, but you miss the joy of exploring end wrecks a little. You can do that in between though :)

player should go to Manhattan first

That´s why I exactly wrote what cutszene is missing. I have been to Manhattan, I have talked to the bartender, who told me she´s waiting in California. With my first save the mentioned scene was simply missing and therefore the story broken. As I have been pessimistic about the chance to continue with this save and can say that it´s not the shade that caused the problem, I finished mission 3 and accomplished nearly as much... Originally I wasn´t sure if I´d invest the time as this was a major throwback, but... yeah... I just love FL and this mod, even with all these difficulties :)

I hope I got the upload done properly... 22:00 save is the broken one, the other one is the story 2 one, that I played until this point. If you want I can upload a save that entered/ended mission 3 without problems, being the mission 2 savepoint, the last one.

Hello it´s me again :/ I would like to have it otherwise

I´ll start off with the Shade, a nice ship, the vendor sells it being a light fighter, it uses a heavy fighter shield slot though Oo Also in its description it sais "heavy firepower" and... I have equipped adv. Tarantulas (lvl 6), energy-costwise these are on the level of some lvl 8 weapons, 4 refiring rate x 39 energy x 6 (weapons) to be exact. The bar of available weaponpower does not go down at all! Ok, this ship is supposed to have quite a bit power, I understand, but this? I don´t think it´s meant to be like this. I myself will enjoy it though x)

At least I want to... which leads me to my second problem: between mission 2 and 3, there is time for exploring and whatnot... so I explored, flew to prisons... got a nice ship and ~20 mill.... and now I´m supposed to fly to the California system, too meet Juni in the bar. After traveling via jumpgate from NY to California I should be immediately contacted by another freeport 7 survivor in his Rhino, who gets shot by "navy" ppl telling you to keep this quiet. When I traveled through the jumpgate nothing happens T__T and it sais fly to California, Juni obviously missing there, as the cutscene didn´t trigger...
    I was looking for similar problems, found smth in the old portal and... was not able to read it, as you have to be registered (which you are not able to). So I opened this thread... I already somehow managed to reinstall, I tried entering California as told multiple times, I loaded the autosave from entering the system again and again. I flew to the waypoints leading to the NY->California-jumpgate completely with f2, at the jumpgate I obviously had to press dock at some point though... nothing works. I also used an old mission save and... it works. Yeah, I could be happy, if I would not have invested time worth of 24 millions (3,9 ship)... my heart is crying you know and it´s pretty frustrating... Also, if I repeat this and invest my time, the same problem may occur yet again, so there´s no guarantee at all it seems...
    Ofc I wondered what could have caused the problem. All I did after mission 2 was flying to Texas, Colorado (and California) and exploring them all, mostly with the new ship. I also tried to access the Custodian jumpgate, flew back as it isn´t there and I know why. So what did I do wrong? :( I´m locked in 4 systems atm... otherwise I would have said **** ("skip" obviously) the story, but I´m also interested in the CF-storyline, so... do you have any suggestions for triggering the cutscene, please?... Thanks in advance, I found no desperately praying smiley to end this properly :eeeek: greetings

Ahh, so people were talking about my cards ram... Well it´s not cheap but old xD Thanks for that explanation, at least you already know about that problem and why it occurs. The only thing I wonder is why it´s gone now... but I won´t complain.
    Concerning the motivation to communicate: I would have posted as a guest too :P And if the recovery didn´t work for me because of bad luck or whatever - at least it´s working for others it seems. I´m using standart firefox... so... but my account on gmx caused problems before, maybe that´s it.
    Wow, 14 years.... you know if I had more time regularly I would come to multiplayer too... I can hardly imagine the process to how things are working now, in every aspect, game/comm. Also it for sure changed your life, I mean investing 14 years in something is big! Thank you guys for your help again, enjoy :)

I have 12 gb Ram which should be enough, yet no instruction got speed and thruster % back :/ Still thanks for the try, I tried everything mentioned.

And btw: I can´t reinstall. I barely have ( via backups) the original data, maybe I´ll find "classic HUD" somewhre else, soumds familiar. Thanks for the hint

I may have to add that I wastted people´s time :/ As I´m not able to use a clean and fresh installation of FL I at leat know it worked in the past. Seems I have to get the best rhruster to just don´t care....

Installing CF, for whatever reason, took like 10 times, I´m glad it works now, so I won´t reinstall the mod, thanks though^^

Also, could you please post a screenshot showing "tentacle suns"? The description was a bit unclear :)

Heyho, you know that´s kinda strange. I wanted to make screenshots for you, because of that I changed back to "sweetfx", still everything´s looking great now! I tried loading saves, controlling my settings, but it seems I cannot reproduce the problem?! I don´t get it. Thanks to you I see that I can use "Sweetfx" again, for a reason whatsoever, at least? It looked like.... tentacles are a good way to describe it, but imagine the suns rays a little more broad and edged, changing shape and size. Even when the sun was behind me so to speak, it´s rays would still interfere with the whole surrounding, like asteroids, ships, stations, planets etc.. I tried different settings now, but... oh well... it´s more on the good side for me^^, but I wish I could reproduce it. All on max btw.
    Quote by ordRaydenMK: K"the suns had long rectangles escaping from it" (Your quoting system is complicated or I´m stupid) - That´s kind of exactly (lol) what I mean.

Thank you for the hints regarding speed and thruster, I´ll try! I was glad to play CF because of a friend´s cd from... 2000 or smth, if that´s possible, I´m not able to reinstall/have a clean version. I´ll update on this. Thank you for your help :)

Jo, hallöchen ;) Greetings
    I won´t stay long, just wanted to let you guys know about some things:

- I installed CF once again, this time 2.0, thanks for all the work involved, already enjoying again. I had some graphic issues and were not able to find a thread with the same problem encountered, so I thought I´ll just post it here. The suns in every system, I think it´s because they´re dynamic now, well... they had like "light tentacles" spreading over the whole system, which ofc would overlap with other textures, does not look pretty nice.... so yeah, the solution for me was pretty simple in the end. I thought I would have to reinstall, but played around a little with the shader options: sweetfx looked... sweet x) except the suns. All the "reshade" modes had minor graphical issues as well, reflections were overexposed and took a big part of the screen. In the end "fxpp" is it for me, but I guess that depends on the system you´re using. Message: mess around with the shaders if you encounter the sun problem!

- The folling is for the people responsible for this website: You´re forced to register to be able to read answers on a thread. I´m no big fan of these politics, but I´m sure you have your reasons. So I wanted to register to get some help with the graphic bugs explained above. I had an account some years ago and ofc forgot the password, so I wanted to change it. E-mail, blabla, but when I´m instructed to click on the link in the mail sent by swat to change my pw in the following, the site which opens up will always tell me I typed in a wrong ID or smth... which is provided by the mail from swat! So you have some kind of problem here. I tried several times, always with the same result - I was not able to reactivate my old account. So I created another mail to be able to create a new account here... THEN, when I wanted to confirm the new mail-addy, two times it said that the entered activation code is wrong (while I copy/pasted it from the mail!), the third code finally worked then... Message: It was REALLY frustrating to find help with a simple graphical problem. I was forced to register and then it didn´t work out at all/ took me so much time that I nearly gave up, having tentacle-suns instead.... I think you want to fix these issues, so I tell you about them ;) (in case you don´t know yet)

- Last thing is smth positive. When I was searching the forum for information on my subject, I found a thread where someone complained about a disrespectful, flaming community and a negative athmosphere. I have not been on multiplayer yet, but from what I read on the forum the community seems surprisingly wellmannered, respectful and kind. I visited many forums and communities... and I have a very positive impression :) Just wanted to point that out, keep it like that. Cheers guys and have fun!

Edit: I remembered another minor problem I have, maybe someone can help? The speed of my ship, as well as the thruster percentage, both is simply not shown... the places where both should be seen are just empty ?(