Fan Spotlight: Flight Controls Volume 2

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• IDRISbridgeFORE-Copy.JPG

From joysticks to gamepads, HOTAS to HOTAM, people use different controls to pilot their ships around the ‘Verse. Today we’re going to highlight a few of our backers ingenuity and show off a few setups that stood out to us. So let’s get started!

TravelTrouser’s 6DOF

We’ll start off with TravelTrouser’s 6DOF joystick. The maneuverability and movement available this setup is amazing. Using one hand you can move your ship in any direction that you want. I can’t wait to see this one completed and in action.

Check out his thread here!

Jawatech Derezor’s Spaceship

Next up is Jawatech Derezor’s spaceship. Made from scratch, this contraption puts everything from keyboard to joystick at your fingertips and looks quite comfortable as well! There’s even cutouts for the HOTAS so you don’t have to worry about it slipping around!

Check out her thread here!

SirDamn's Simpit

Speaking of spaceships, SirDamn has his own that impresses as well! Covered in buttons, toggles, lights, and decorations, this creation is a flight sim lover’s dream! On top of that he can switch his control input with the flip of a switch!

Check out his thread here!

T.C. McQueen's Simrig

If you want to talk about immersion, T.C.McQueen is your man. Incorporating a zero-gravity chair into his sim pit, TC can literally go horizontal while flying! I can only imagine how amazing it must feel hitting your afterburner while in this thing.

Check out his thread!

I am blown away by the amount of imagination and creation that goes into these. If you have one that we’ve missed, put it below and we’ll check it out! Thanks to everybody and we’ll see you next week!

• just a matter of time until they start to sell game specific hardware

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ... more like :
    Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, USB (PC) (2960720) Preisvergleich | Geizhals Deutschland now with SC logo - SPECIAL PRIZE - ONLY 599.98 €
    and for th low budget pilot :
    Speedlink ThunderStrike Gamepad schwarz, USB (PC) (SL-6515-BK) Preisvergleich | Geizhals Deutschland now with SC logo - SPECIAL PRIZE - ONLY 39.98 €

:wasp:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• oh, well...

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!