Griffin and Nighthawk turrets?

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• to the wise ones a request please
    1. in the past i raised a matter on a ship called the griffin, it,s 2 turrents firing backwards could shoot your tail off, was informed it was getting another revamp, and it has. all it needed was the 2 turrents locked firing forward, instead of removing tail and locking firing rear making it hopeless. one good thing the mount is still there, so could that be made active again so a forward firing turrent can be mounted again making this a supa ship in a fight.
    2. another great ship is a nighthawk, with the same thing turrent firing backwards in to it,s tail. can that be locked to firing forward too making it also a great fighter, maybe look at some of the others like the mirage etc.

i fully realize you are very busy and a lot of other things still to do on the mod but express my appreciation for all your hard work. you have r/l too

• .... can't completly follow you ...
    The Griffin had since its appearence in CF 1.8 (now with a new design) always only one backwards firing turret as well as Nighthawk and (esp.) Mirage you mentioned.

These ships are modeled in their (not only) weapon-layout after the vanilla VHFs, which also had mostly backwards firing turrets as means for defense against attackers at your six ;) , that formed the "standard" layout for VHFs already in the earliest CF versions ... only with the notable exclusion of the Sabre , as its "special" feature to have the turret available on 360°.
    At some point in development of Freelancer it was planed to make them "automatically" firing at enemies in their range of angle-movement. Just as these turrets did in Star Lancer. But as far as I remember it wasn't activated on release (AGES ago, that I played vanilla FL :P ). So you have to swicht your view and use them "manually".

And for "fins" and "tails" at their ends ... just lets assume they have kinda sophisticated automatic "firing" lock, when they move across such shipparts. ... just as the upper backfiring gun-stands and turrets in WW II heavy fighters and bombers ;) .

And I am quite sure, that the "special" feature of 360° firing turrets will stay ... "special" on only a few fighters, as Angel Wing, Komodo Dragon, Strike Eagle, King Tiger, ....

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• <p>

</p>

Edited once, last by Kermit ().

• I just got the Griffin, I
    The turret is just dumb
    it will shoot yourself in the tail
    BUT 99.9% of the time NOBODY shoots behind them, just too much damn trouble.
    The turret needs to shoot forward, it is even mounted in the spot that it should be in to fire forward.
    What is the fix ???

• if there is no bug then the creator of the ship is a dumbass
    it stupid the way the turret is mounted dose not make sense, but I have seen numerous other ships that are designed stupid
    PAY ATTENTION
    nobody makes a ship asymmetrical or lopsided or sh ooting it self or has peices that are NO HELP AT ALL,
    bumper stickers and decals (useless items) do NOT make a ship better

• Calm down and get the Most popular ships which are very appreciated . That would be the favourites. By the way do not pay attention to nice designs ;) , The Chimera e.g. is fantastic in my point of view but looks...uhm...bad.

My recommendations:

Allrounders:
    Chimera ->Allrounder,good Cargo,small,Good armor,agile
    Thanatos->Allrounder,okay cargo,very agile | gun angle not perfectly (cant shoot edge of screen,compensated through nice agility)
    Saracen ->Allrounder,good Cargo,Good Armor <-some ppl swear it's the best fighter, but I haven't tested it yet

PvE:
    Iguana -> PvE,good Cargo Hold,good armor,slim hitbox

PvP:
    Cayman->PvP,bad cargo hold,okay armor compensated through agility
    Quasar ->PvP,same as Cayman except bit bigger
    Lagg ->PvP,same as Quasar except bit bigger than Quasar

others than that there's still the Devil for PvE with good Armor,Cargo (freighter so good for podding,but unlikely you need that much) just not THAT agile

By the way if u think you waste hard earned money just use a tool like CheatEngine or so like lazy me in !SINGLEPLAYERonly! when I buy something wrong...

it stupid the way the turret is mounted dose not make sense, but I have seen numerous other ships that are designed stupid
    PAY ATTENTION
    nobody makes a ship asymmetrical or lopsided or sh ooting it self or has peices that are NO HELP AT ALL,

thank you for your kind words
    The turret is designed to fire backwards, just like the turrets of many other ships. That is something normal in FL (including vanilla FL). Asymmmetrical ships are also nothing unusual. In space there is only very little that speaks against such designs. Infact many famous scifi ship desings were asmmetrical. *cough* millienium falcon *cough*

I also wouldnt underestimate the use of bumper stickers and decals. Famous pilots have spread fear among their enemies using decals and bumper stickers. They can make the difference between victory or defeat even before a battle has begun. You cant deny that there is a difference between a Hello Kitty ship and a ship with a skull + tally.

However, there is a bugtracker to report problems with the game. But I would prefer some more respectful choice of words. Afterall have we invested thousands of hours work to provide something you can play for free (I think that deserves better than being called dumbass).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

PAY ATTENTION